+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

linyjing

Oct 11, 2011
Guys, I am stoked ! ...I have not received any email yet ..Is this normal ?

Annotation-2021-10-20-083203
My oath is on Oct 28th, I just received the notice with instruction today. I also know a friend who got update and notice just 1 day before his oath date. Same processing center. Congratulations!

Reactions: Hapique

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
My oath is on Oct 28th, I just received the notice with instruction today. I also know a friend who got update and notice just 1 day before his oath date. Same processing center. Congratulations!
Thank you for posting this timeline! Mine is scheduled for Nov 12, same office. So, I should receive instructions sometime within the first week of November.

Reactions: bellaluna

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Sooooo.. would anyone happen to have the Montreal office email address? Perhaps we can have more luck if we email them directly? I just checked this morning and no updates in almost 3 months (When I got my DM).. I understand that the timeline is (anecdotally) 3-5 months post DM, but am getting antsy..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Sooooo.. would anyone happen to have the Montreal office email address? Perhaps we can have more luck if we email them directly? I just checked this morning and no updates in almost 3 months (When I got my DM).. I understand that the timeline is (anecdotally) 3-5 months post DM, but am getting antsy..
They won't respond to you as you would expect
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-from-montreal-got-online-test-invite-and-or-oath-ceremony.721977/page-49#post-9766988

Reactions: chs

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Thank you for posting this timeline! Mine is scheduled for Nov 12, same office. So, I should receive instructions sometime within the first week of November.
How did you found out that yours was scheduled on 12th Nov? Is there a way to find it, before getting the email. My status says 'Decision Made' and waiting for the Oath ceremony.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
How did you found out that yours was scheduled on 12th Nov? Is there a way to find it, before getting the email. My status says 'Decision Made' and waiting for the Oath ceremony.
That's the rub - unless your "Citizenship Ceremony" in the IRCC tracker says "In Progress", you're not getting it anytime soon...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It’s in the new tracker, not ECAS. There’s a screencap of the tracker in someone’s post (quoted) in this very same page, for reference.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
It’s in the new tracker, not ECAS. There’s a screencap of the tracker in someone’s post (quoted) in this very same page, for reference.
Odd side note: ECAS has my DM, but when I click on the link for it, the notes are pre-pandemic and show my scheduled (and then cancelled) COVID test back in early 2020; that's the last ECAS update. The new tracker is current.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Try to log in to a new tracker and you should have this date mentioned. Mine says:

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 12, 2021.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.
Everything is completed and Citizenship ceremony is IN PROGRESS.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Odd side note: ECAS has my DM, but when I click on the link for it, the notes are pre-pandemic and show my scheduled (and then cancelled) COVID test back in early 2020; that's the last ECAS update. The new tracker is current.
I see the same thing, so it must be normal...

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Admins, please update spreadsheet (Citizenship Ceremony information below in bold):

App Type: Family (self + 2 children)
Physical Presence Days: don't remember
App Sent:
App Delivered: Sep 06, 2019
AOR: Nov 18, 2019
In-process: Jan 15, 2020
Test Invitation: May 13, 2021
Online Test Taken: May 29, 2021 (Unofficial score 20/20)
Decision Made: August 13, 2021
Citizenship Ceremony Date Updated in the new portal: Oct 1st
Citizenship Ceremony Invitation date: Nov 1st

I have only seen the update about the Citizenship Ceremony in the new online tracker - I have not received the email yet. I hope it comes soon.

Reactions: wstrn24

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi, everyone, I finally get my oath date, Oct 28th. I called IRCC today and was lucky to get through on my third try. But I don't think the notice is because the phone call today. The agent on the phone gave me a lecture, told me that my processing time is long because I submitted request via webform three times. Although there's no response to those requests and I submitted additional documents each time. She said it takes time to process those requests, and it slows the processing of my application. And there's no estimate of processing time of either the application or the urgent request. And every case is different. Anyway, after the phone call, I emailed Scarborough center directly. They replied very quickly that they forwarded my email to the responsible unit. And then in the evening, I received email from Scarborough center notifying me of the oath date of Oct28. Finally! Hope this helps if anyone is also trying to get the oath date. And good luck to everyone!
Good for you!! I am September 2018 and still waiting for an oath date!!
Can you share your timeline please?