New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi , I just received email invitations for the citizenship ceremony for myself and for one of my children (out of two). My citizenship application included myself and two minor children (under 10 years of age). I have the oath ceremony invitation by email for myself and for one of my children. So I'm missing the email PDF invitation for the second child. Both are not technically required to take the oath because they are under 14. However, is it going to be an issue that I do not have the PDF invitation for one of them? There is a part on the PDF form which is supposed to be signed and returned for each member of the family. Each PDF is customized to apartiular applicant. So I'm wondering , how I would sign for my daughter for whom we do not have a form.

Also, will the ceremony be a group event - or will there be anopportunity for me to address this 1-1 with the clerk checking me in for the ceremnony? Thanks!

You can try to ask them: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp . Honestly, the official invitation is the only doc for reference, not the tracker. Still, they could simply forget to send you an email. So politely reminding would be fine I think.

carguy

Dec 15, 2014
Hello Members,

Since 2014, you guys have been a very important piece of my citizenship journey. Guiding, giving confidence & endless waiting. It makes me happy, that we are willing to help total strangers with great advice & kindness. ( although some might fly off the handle easily haha ).

My Journey,
Paper FSW application , 2014 - Rejected casue of the needed more documents
Resent FSW Application - 2014 - Rejected ,cause quota was met.
Ontario PNP 2015 - Nominated
Draw #5 Reached Lottery Score 2015
Got PR in 2016.
Citizenship Application - Sept 2019.
Citizenship Ceremony - Oct 2021. (yesterday)

7 years 3 months later ...

One of my favourite quotes repharased " You don't have to be brilliant, only a bit wiser (patience) on average for a long long time" . That's all there is to success.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members,

Since 2014, you guys have been a very important piece of my citizenship journey. Guiding, giving confidence & endless waiting. It makes me happy, that we are willing to help total strangers with great advice & kindness. ( although some might fly off the handle easily haha ).

My Journey,
Paper FSW application , 2014 - Rejected casue of the needed more documents
Resent FSW Application - 2014 - Rejected ,cause quota was met.
Ontario PNP 2015 - Nominated
Draw #5 Reached Lottery Score 2015
Got PR in 2016.
Citizenship Application - Sept 2019.
Citizenship Ceremony - Oct 2021. (yesterday)

7 years 3 months later ...

One of my favourite quotes repharased " You don't have to be brilliant, only a bit wiser (patience) on average for a long long time" . That's all there is to success.
Congrats! I'm glad that this long journey is over for you. Wish you all the best! I really hope that covid will be over soon so that people can travel with their new passport lol

Reactions: Paoloartois

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I was able to get hold of an agent, and I was told that it is currently taking 4-6 months from DM to Oath ceremony due to covid-19 and processing delays.

Reactions: wstrn24

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to get hold of an agent, and I was told that it is currently taking 4-6 months from DM to Oath ceremony due to covid-19 and processing delays.
thank you for sharing with us. I waited more than 7 months from test completed to DM... I guess I can wait a bit longer as I don't have any travel plan and my home country passport is expired already lol

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone from the Mississauga office who applied for citizenship in Sept 2019 has gotten an oath invite recently?

Is the oath invite based on the dates they publish weekly on their website ( i.e we are currently finalizing applications received between July 21 and 27, 2019) or is it based on flipping a coin ;)

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone from the Mississauga office who applied for citizenship in Sept 2019 has gotten an oath invite recently?

Is the oath invite based on the dates they publish weekly on their website ( i.e we are currently finalizing applications received between July 21 and 27, 2019) or is it based on flipping a coin ;)

I am among those cases and even though l requested 1 year ago for my case to be transferred to Vancouver I believe they didn't do it. So far after a long wait I got the test invite on Oct 12 which I passed and 1 week later, my passport scanned was requested.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey Guys

Oath invites, as everything else with IRCC, is random as it appears to us. They say they are finalizing July 2019 applicants, but in reality they are mostly inviting late 2020 applicants for the oath, and leaving 2019 applicants on the wait for their oath. So, what they say has no significance whatsoever. Send them a webform to try to bring their attention to your file. Others reported some movements after sending a webform or ordering notes.

Reactions: chs and Paoloartois

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Oath invites, as everything else with IRCC, is random as it appears to us. They say they are finalizing July 2019 applicants, but in reality they are mostly inviting late 2020 applicants for the oath, and leaving 2019 applicants on the wait for their oath. So, what they say has no significance whatsoever. Send them a webform to try to bring their attention to your file. Others reported some movements after sending a webform or ordering notes.
About the notes:
Not sure if it is true but I read that an agent told someone that if he asked for it, the case will be on hold for up to 2 months guys. For that reason I cancelled my request. However You are right applicants from 2020 are moving forward soooo fast and sometimes so fast that they get angry some 2020 applicants are getting results faster

Titans

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
No Idea
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
Processing commenced on 12th Feb 2015
Med's Request
03-14-2015
Med's Done....
03-20-2015
Interview........
Hopefully NO
Passport Req..
05-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
I have spoken to their agents twice and have requested GCMS notes which says citizenship is granted and file is oath ready.

I also mailed the office of the prime minister whose secretary forwarded my mail to the immigration minister this happened about a month back....

Nothing has happened ... even our PR card renewal I have no idea when we would get that we sent the application on August 2021.....getting either one is like winning the 647 75 million dollar lottery

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
About the notes:
Not sure if it is true but I read that an agent told someone that if he asked for it, the case will be on hold for up to 2 months guys. For that reason I cancelled my request. However You are right applicants from 2020 are moving forward soooo fast and sometimes so fast that they get angry some 2020 applicants are getting results faster
I have to wonder if that is true. I saw so many people reporting a sudden surge of activity on their previously dead files after a notes request.

Reactions: chs and CaBeaver