+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jun 26, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon ,

Sorry to keep asking so many questions . My Primary Office is Ottawa. On my new GCMS notes I realise the Secondary Office has been updated. It showed CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE before, now it shows it has been moved to PRETORIA (South Africa). What's the role of the Secondary Office is I may ask? Is it any indication of the progress of my application? Please help. Thanks

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi everyone! Guys, I have a question regarding proof of funds.

In 2019, I've secured the required sum (at the time) in the bank in currency other than CAD.

Since then the rate has changed, and now I'm slightly short of the amount that is required.

Thus the question - was POF secured by the IRCC in 2019 or I need to top up my balance in order to meet the requirements?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello @legalfalcon ,

Sorry to keep asking so many questions . My Primary Office is Ottawa. On my new GCMS notes I realise the Secondary Office has been updated. It showed CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE before, now it shows it has been moved to PRETORIA (South Africa). What's the role of the Secondary Office is I may ask? Is it any indication of the progress of my application? Please help. Thanks
This is done to give access to your file for COPR and visa printing.

@legalfalcon , Also my GROUP NAME in the GCMS notes shows CPCO COVID RFV. What does this mean? Is there anyone else allocated in this group guys?
From what I have gathered in the forum, they basically bundled finalized applications into that group, so, I am guessing here, they can issue bulk PPR once travel restriction is eased for economic category. Hopefully, now restriction is lifted, we will see bulk PPR for outlanders.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

During the processing of your application the application is transferred to multiple secondary offices for processing across IRCC networks. The primary office usually remains the same. It is the secondary office that do different stages of the processing. Eg. the CIO usually does the R10. CPC eligibility in most cases.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Reactions: Tiredandhopeful

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , Also my GROUP NAME in the GCMS notes shows CPCO COVID RFV. What does this mean? Is there anyone else allocated in this group guys?

CPCO - Case Processing Centre Ottawa
COVID
RVF - Ready for visa

Most likely it is a group for applications that have are ready for visa, but due to COVID have been placed on hold or clubbed together.

Reactions: Tiredandhopeful
Jun 26, 2021

From what I have gathered in the forum, they basically bundled finalized applications into that group, so, I am guessing here, they can issue bulk PPR once travel restriction is eased for economic category. Hopefully, now restriction is lifted, we will see bulk PPR for outlanders.

Thanks @nns14 . Fingers crossed they start the PPR emails soon. It's been a long wait!

Reactions: nns14
Jun 26, 2021
During the processing of your application the application is transferred to multiple secondary offices for processing across IRCC networks. The primary office usually remains the same. It is the secondary office that do different stages of the processing. Eg. the CIO usually does the R10. CPC eligibility in most cases.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html
Makes sense. Thank you @legalfalcon

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
So I have question. Since flights are suspended for India, should one get the upfront medical now? Or should I wait for them. Which as we all know could be forever. Any thoughts @legalfalcon

Wrote to them yet again and got the generic automated reply.

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Canada has suspended direct flights from India to Canada. The High Commission will not be organizing repatriation flights during this period. Please remain in contact with your travel agent and airline for the latest updates.

Passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types).

Now the thing is, they have started the upfront medical, but if they aren’t going to process applications for Outland PR, Does it make sense to get the medical done, or is that what is delaying the final answer? The fact that I haven’t submitted an upfront medical.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So I have question. Since flights are suspended for India, should one get the upfront medical now? Or should I wait for them. Which as we all know could be forever. Any thoughts @legalfalcon

Wrote to them yet again and got the generic automated reply.

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Canada has suspended direct flights from India to Canada. The High Commission will not be organizing repatriation flights during this period. Please remain in contact with your travel agent and airline for the latest updates.

Passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types).

Now the thing is, they have started the upfront medical, but if they aren’t going to process applications for Outland PR, Does it make sense to get the medical done, or is that what is delaying the final answer? The fact that I haven’t submitted an upfront medical.
If your medicals have expired, they may be extended.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
If your medicals have expired, they may be extended.
Hmmm..that’s what I have been wondering too..the links they have provided talk about temporary residents and students but not PR applicants, I just don’t know if I should get one. Also the tweets are so bloody cryptic, on one hand they say upfront medical open! On the other say immigration might take a while. So I just don’t know.

I suppose, like so many others, I don’t really feel enthusiastic about it, at all, since the chances are that even with an upfront they will take their own sweet time.

I think I am gonna wait, atleast till they lift the travel restrictions, to see how it plays out, or perhaps till they come out with some clear plan of how they want to go ahead.

Any ideas as to what Outland applicants should look forward to? I mean is their a chance for getting our applications moved towards the end game any time soon??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hmmm..that’s what I have been wondering too..the links they have provided talk about temporary residents and students but not PR applicants, I just don’t know if I should get one. Also the tweets are so bloody cryptic, on one hand they say upfront medical open! On the other say immigration might take a while. So I just don’t know.

I suppose, like so many others, I don’t really feel enthusiastic about it, at all, since the chances are that even with an upfront they will take their own sweet time.

I think I am gonna wait, atleast till they lift the travel restrictions, to see how it plays out, or perhaps till they come out with some clear plan of how they want to go ahead.

Any ideas as to what Outland applicants should look forward to? I mean is their a chance for getting our applications moved towards the end game any time soon??

See #13,190