17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My country is using the Sinopharm vaccine from China to vaccinate the populace. I checked on the Canadian approved vaccine and I see there's no Sinopharm. I was thinking of getting vaccinated, so that if ever Canada needs vaccine passports at least I would have been vaccinated. My question is, do you reckon the Canadian immigration would recognise a vaccine which is not on their list of approved vaccines or should I wait and get a vaccine on that list. Your help will be greatly appreciated and hope it's not a silly question. Genuinely wanna know
Please do not speculate. Get a vaccine no matter what it is.

Further, there is no vaccine passport yet and no one knows if its ver will be and if one is issued what the criteria would be.

Keep yourself safe and get vaccinated.

Reactions: Ndera

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi everyone, just received another ghost update. FSW-O. I guess it happens periodically and only on Sundays. It feels like it is not related to the actual update in the application and just related to the IRCC website technical updates.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, just received another ghost update. FSW-O. I guess it happens periodically and only on Sundays. It feels like it is not related to the actual update in the application and just related to the IRCC website technical updates.
Same here. I've got around 5 Sunday and Saturday night ghost updates since late April. Usually at midnight, combined with the IRCC website slowdown.

Searchy

Sep 19, 2020
Hello guys,
Celebrating 20 months and more than 10 days of waiting. Inland applicant and day after day getting insane ;) the only change happened recently that primary office is no more Edmonton and it’s Ottawa after 8 months of sitting there, second my second work permit has been approved quickly beginning of this year despite my Pr medical was expired and just in April One month ago they passed my medical exam again. Ghosts updates one when medical passed and one after around a month on weekend and one for passport update. What do you think the situation especially they have passed the medical after 8 months of expiry. My background check still on I start having nightmares heheheheh.
Thanks

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hello guys,
Celebrating 20 months and more than 10 days of waiting. Inland applicant and day after day getting insane ;) the only change happened recently that primary office is no more Edmonton and it’s Ottawa after 8 months of sitting there, second my second work permit has been approved quickly beginning of this year despite my Pr medical was expired and just in April One month ago they passed my medical exam again. Ghosts updates one when medical passed and one after around a month on weekend and one for passport update. What do you think the situation especially they have passed the medical after 8 months of expiry. My background check still on I start having nightmares heheheheh.
Thanks
We all have the same nightmare, my friend. It's called "IRCC and the snail-paced Express Entry".

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So far, two things are clear about the Express Entry program:
  • It is NOT express
  • It does not give one entry (at least to Canada)
In terms of entry, it opened the doors to multiple fears, anxieties, uncertainties, imposter syndrome, inability to plan for the future, and other fun stuff. This wasn't express either, it slowly built up in time.

Shaazq92

Jan 21, 2015
Thank you soo much!!! I also just got my GCMS notes (talk about timing) and it said it's approved and seems it's with the local visa office now! Man, it's been quite a wait!, looking forward to the next steps!!
Hi Britto .... Congratulations on your approval! Hope your keeping well !! Just wanted to touch base with you as my fiancee has applied from Dubai and is kinda in the same boat as well.

Her Timeline -
Sept 2019 - ITA
Oct 2019 - Medical
Nov 2019 - Submission Done
Dec 2019 - Biometrics Done

There's no update yet .... could you share your timeline and also how long did it take you to get the GCMS notes and also, please ??

Thanks

BrittoB2

Mar 25, 2021
Hi Britto .... Congratulations on your approval! Hope your keeping well !! Just wanted to touch base with you as my fiancee has applied from Dubai and is kinda in the same boat as well.

Her Timeline -
Sept 2019 - ITA
Oct 2019 - Medical
Nov 2019 - Submission Done
Dec 2019 - Biometrics Done

There's no update yet .... could you share your timeline and also how long did it take you to get the GCMS notes and also, please ??

Thanks
Hi Shazazq,

Sorry for the delay, just saw your message now.

here is our timeline:

July 2019 - ITA received
Sept 2019 - AOR
Oct 2019 - Biometrics submitted
May 202 - Medical passed

I have to mention though that we did have a delay in our process because My wife was pregnant and hence did not do the X-Ray during the medical, so we waited for after the baby was born to complete her medical and our youngest daughters documents.

With the last GCMS notes we got back in March 2021, its shows that the application is approved but no updates received after that so far.

we ordered our GCMS notes from gcmsnotes.ca and got it within 30 days, I've used them twice already and they have been good and responsive both times as per my experience.
I would encourage you to order a GCMS notes to know exact where your application is .

hope we hear some good updates soon! Cheers

Reactions: Shaazq92

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and everyone,

I'm expecting a COPR like everyone here, and I'm not vaccinated, neither do I have a family in Canada. Just a few questions:

Firstly, after my 3-day mandatory quarantine is done, if I were to stay in a hotel for the remaining 11 days am I still supposed to pay the GAA rates (which are pretty expensive) or can I start paying the specials available.

Secondly, can I change hotels to a more cheaper one after my mandatory 3-day quarantine.

Thirdly, are the any other services (food delivery) offered in Canada at the moment to assist those travellers who would have opted to rent an apartment or house and live alone for the remainder of the 14 day quarantine period. And can that suffice as suitable accommodation to immigration.

Any tips for an unvaccinated traveller, to avoid the expensive hotels when they arrive. Please note, even if I was to be vaccinated today, my country only offers Sinovac and Sinopharm, which are not on the Canadian approved vaccines list.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Mahmoud.laajimi
Jun 26, 2021

Hello @legalfalcon ,

Just received my GCMS notes today. Based on the Officer's notes, would it be right to assume that I'm only waiting for a decision? From the officer's notes I understood that they are satisfied with everything. Am I right to assume that? I had received Passed on security from my last GCMS notes. The officer also says, 'Final decision pending PA IME Med' but if you have a look at top of the page I have sent I have already done the medical and it's valid to May 2022. What's your understanding based on the notes I send? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hello @legalfalcon ,

Just received my GCMS notes today. Based on the Officer's notes, would it be right to assume that I'm only waiting for a decision? From the officer's notes I understood that they are satisfied with everything. Am I right to assume that? I had received Passed on security from my last GCMS notes. The officer also says, 'Final decision pending PA IME Med' but if you have a look at top of the page I have sent I have already done the medical and it's valid to May 2022. What's your understanding based on the notes I send? Thanks
As per the most recent note the eligibility is passed, and you were asked for remeds, which you have provided, and it will be updated, if it has already not been.

As regards security, see page 1 if it is blank, it could be in progress. If it is passed and you see Final: Approved, then a decision has been made on your application.

Reactions: Tiredandhopeful

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and everyone,

I'm expecting a COPR like everyone here, and I'm not vaccinated, neither do I have a family in Canada. Just a few questions:

Firstly, after my 3-day mandatory quarantine is done, if I were to stay in a hotel for the remaining 11 days am I still supposed to pay the GAA rates (which are pretty expensive) or can I start paying the specials available.

Secondly, can I change hotels to a more cheaper one after my mandatory 3-day quarantine.

Thirdly, are the any other services (food delivery) offered in Canada at the moment to assist those travellers who would have opted to rent an apartment or house and live alone for the remainder of the 14 day quarantine period. And can that suffice as suitable accommodation to immigration.

Any tips for an unvaccinated traveller, to avoid the expensive hotels when they arrive. Please note, even if I was to be vaccinated today, my country only offers Sinovac and Sinopharm, which are not on the Canadian approved vaccines list.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
The Hotel quarantine is a controversial thing and Canada's public health requirements are constantly changing. When you receive your COPR, and you are ready to travel, check the requirements around that time.

Reactions: Ndera
Jun 26, 2021
As per the most recent note the eligibility is passed, and you were asked for remeds, which you have provided, and it will be updated, if it has already not been.

As regards security, see page 1 if it is blank, it could be in progress. If it is passed and you see Final: Approved, then a decision has been made on your application.
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon , the remedical has already been updated. With regards to security please see below. The recent GCMS from CBSA has security blank but of you check my GCMS notes from February, it clearly says Security passed. Decision is blank as can be seen on the latest GCMS notes and the one from Feb. From these two notes above, can I assume I am only waiting for the decision (since security is also passed)?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon , the remedical has already been updated. With regards to security please see below. The recent GCMS from CBSA has security blank but of you check my GCMS notes from February, it clearly says Security passed. Decision is blank as can be seen on the latest GCMS notes and the one from Feb. From these two notes above, can I assume I am only waiting for the decision (since security is also passed)?

If your security is passed, then the only thing left is a final decision.

Reactions: Tiredandhopeful