File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello, I too have had to wait painfully long to get a conclusive response. And now that I think I have it, am not sure what my next action should be.

Attaching a couple of relevant screen grabs from my GCMS notes, request if someone could pls advise what (if any) recourse can one take in such a situation. In case none exists, does one need to resubmit the application as a new submission? Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

As long as you haven’t officially received communication from IRCC on your application, I believe, you can still remedy the situation by providing experience letter(s) that shows roles and responsibilities for the NOC you claimed. From the GCMS notes, it seems even the new ones you submitted haven’t addressed the issue mentioned in the notes, which is your letters don’t show the list of the responsibilities.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
outland applicant. I have also got now 'not applicable' as status update on my background check. Please can some one tell me how much more time it will take now?
This is ridiculous. You should be calling the IRCC center every week at least once. I came to Canada as a student on student permit in 2018 and will now be applying for citizenship in 3 months time. Calling every week and ask the agent to leave a note for your file etc.

Did you apply for GCMS notes? What do your GCMS notes say? Keep applying for GCMS notes every month, sometimes that also triggers work on the file.

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
As long as you haven’t officially received communication from IRCC on your application, I believe, you can still remedy the situation by providing experience letter(s) that shows roles and responsibilities for the NOC you claimed. From the GCMS notes, it seems even the new ones you submitted haven’t addressed the issue mentioned in the notes, which is your letters don’t show the list of the responsibilities.
Couple of updates on my application.
Update 1: Regarding the new experience letters submitted, I was made to understand by an agent at IRCC (through web form correspondence), that my updated letters were not reflected as such. In response, I again submitted the updated letter through the web form. (This was in July 2021)
Update 2: Yesterday, I received the refusal letter from IRCC

Just wondering if there is any recourse available to me now, post the refusal letter. If so, can I reach out to anyone directly to have them consider the specifics of my case. Truthfully, I'm still not sure that the updated letters are reflected against my application. So if there's any option available where I can explain the case history (especially since my Application dates back to 2018), I feel it might help. Do share your thoughts. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: nns14

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Update 1: Regarding the new experience letters submitted, I was made to understand by an agent at IRCC (through web form correspondence), that my updated letters were not reflected as such. In response, I again submitted the updated letter through the web form. (This was in July 2021)

Just wondering if there is any recourse available to me now, post the refusal letter. If so, can I reach out to anyone directly to have them consider the specifics of my case. Truthfully, I'm still not sure that the updated letters are reflected against my application. So if there's any option available where I can explain the case history (especially since my Application dates back to 2018), I feel it might help. Do share your thoughts. Thanks
This is very sad bro!!! I feel for you. I don’t understand why your documents via the webform weren’t attached to your file! Perhaps, using this as a reason could MAY BE give you a chance. Resubmit the documents via webform and write that you proactively submitted these documents (mention the date of the last webform) and the call center agents failed to add to your file, and as a result, you are requesting reconsideration of the decision on your application.

Unfortunately, this is a long shot but your only chance other than creating a new application and waiting for new ITA. I hope the officer considers your case and review the new documents.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@

@MehraT have you ordered CBSA or GCMS notes for your file? If not, you should ask for it now so that you can determine the next steps for the application.

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
This is very sad bro!!! I feel for you. I don’t understand why your documents via the webform weren’t attached to your file! Perhaps, using this as a reason could MAY BE give you a chance. Resubmit the documents via webform and write that you proactively submitted these documents (mention the date of the last webform) and the call center agents failed to add to your file, and as a result, you are requesting reconsideration of the decision on your application.

Unfortunately, this is a long shot but your only chance other than creating a new application and waiting for new ITA. I hope the officer considers your case and review the new documents.
Thank you, very much appreciate that. Will draft a short summary of my application history along with relevant dates and documents which I had submitted at the time and re-submit them over at the webform link. Might be a long shot but still worth a try, especially after all this time. :) Thanks a lot again!

@

@MehraT have you ordered CBSA or GCMS notes for your file? If not, you should ask for it now so that you can determine the next steps for the application.
Not recently, the last time I had ordered GCMS was is June 2021. Following which I had the exchange with the IRCC agent, who shared that the submitted docs might not have been attached in the first place. But I will do it now as you suggested, might offer some explanation. Thanks, I'll report back as soon as I receive an update.

Reactions: nns14

Smry

Mar 8, 2019
This is ridiculous. You should be calling the IRCC center every week at least once. I came to Canada as a student on student permit in 2018 and will now be applying for citizenship in 3 months time. Calling every week and ask the agent to leave a note for your file etc.

Did you apply for GCMS notes? What do your GCMS notes say? Keep applying for GCMS notes every month, sometimes that also triggers work on the file.
yes i did apply for my GCMS notes in November 2021, however I have not received them till now. Have placed a complaint in ATIP for the same, but no response since then. I dont know what is happening there. I just have come to know that my application is in process in Ottawa IRCC office ( this was a reply as per a webform i had submitted to know the office of my application ). Does this mean anything positive?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
yes i did apply for my GCMS notes in November 2021, however I have not received them till now. Have placed a complaint in ATIP for the same, but no response since then. I dont know what is happening there. I just have come to know that my application is in process in Ottawa IRCC office ( this was a reply as per a webform i had submitted to know the office of my application ). Does this mean anything positive?
@Smry Have you tried calling the canadian number? 1-888-242-2100 - you can try calling it using TextNow app

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
It says that we cant download this application in my country.
You can try other apps like Fongo too if possible - i think they are paid though