+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
As per the GCMS notes dated Feb. 27, it was Ottawa. I will try to call them next week to check whether any changes has happened and maybe order a new set of notes...
Thanks again a lot for your help, it's highly appreciated
I am also Ottawa and Ottawa these days is agonizingly slow lol

Reactions: chsava

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Pakistan, so not surprised at all you stuck in security :( Sucks cleared everything but stuck in security :(
It's really annoying, at the same time I see many Pakistanis already got their pprs from sept aor and even other months but some unlucky ones get stuck in SS. So far I believe I am not yet stuck in SS because as per the last correspondence I had with London Visa Office, they told me that 'routine background checks' are ongoing hence I am assuming I am not yet in the god forsaken SS blackhole.. XD

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It's really annoying, at the same time I see many Pakistanis already got their pprs from sept aor and even other months but some unlucky ones get stuck in SS. So far I believe I am not yet stuck in SS because as per the last correspondence I had with London Visa Office, they told me that 'routine background checks' are ongoing hence I am assuming I am not yet in the god forsaken SS blackhole.. XD
So that's good news!! Hopefully no SS blackhole and you get the golden mail next month :) With everyday passing you're getting closer to PPR :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
As per the GCMS notes dated Feb. 27, it was Ottawa. I will try to call them next week to check whether any changes has happened and maybe order a new set of notes...
Thanks again a lot for your help, it's highly appreciated
I'm yet to see a refusal based off "Unable to verify Employer" reason. As others have mentioned they generally do a google search to find employer online and in some cases will look through your social media accounts (this is unverified). Google search is mentioned on GCMS notes itself.

When would the senior visa officer pick file again can't be ascertained but you should be okay.

Reactions: Jimmy01 and chsava

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just got my first set of GCMS notes.
Recommendation: Review required MI3 Summary Notes: Please review funds. A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Appears Met R76: Selection Criteria - FSW points/Funds: Appears Met FSW Points Total: 68 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

My wife and I showed about 30K CAD for the settlement funds. We also showed our car loan which was about 15K CAD along with the insurance papers showing the value of the car was about 27K CAD. Is the review required because of the car loan? If so, they haven't taken into account the value of the car when sold. We haven't received an ADR for this, should we go ahead and send an updated bank statement and letter showing the car loan is closed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You can check in your gcms notes how much amount they have considered as POF. This would give you clear picture whether your car loan amount is considered or not.
There have been cases where car loan is deducted from POF so as @Micky345 says you should check GCMS notes if that has been mentioned on your notes.

But if you have already closed loan than please don't wait for ADR to update those documents, just do that proactively.

chsava

Mar 15, 2019
France
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Med's Done....
22-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2019
LANDED..........
21-09-2020
I'm yet to see a refusal based off "Unable to verify Employer" reason. As others have mentioned they generally do a google search to find employer online and in some cases will look through your social media accounts (this is unverified). Google search is mentioned on GCMS notes itself.

When would the senior visa officer pick file again can't be ascertained but you should be okay.
OK... Thank you, it's kind of reassuring, I guess.
I hope they try to clear the backlog before verifying more recent files :confused:

Mar 3, 2019
I was so sleepy yesterday from doing an all nighter and was only able to fully digest my PPR mail. I didn't expect it to be confusing. It's as if I should've received something else. Can anyone please provide guidance?

1. The first part says the following. What makes it confusing is it's worded addressing only my 'accompanying family member' and not me.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Your accompanying family member(s) must complete the following steps within 30 days after you have attended your landing appointment in order for our office in Manila to facilitate the issuance of permanent residence visas for your accompanying family member(s).

2. On step 2, it again states the passport requirement but only for my family member. Again, not for me.

STEP 2: PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS – Determine if your family member(s) need(s) to submit passport(s)

3. Then there's this thing

NOTE: Please do not send your passports to the Manila office until the Permanent Resident status of the Principal Applicant in Canada has been confirmed.

The email seems to state something in the context of something else. For instance, this is the first time I read about the landing appointment, but it assumes that I've attended it already. Should have I received another email from CIC? I checked my inbox and only got this. Note that I'm an applicant outside Canada with one accompanying family member also outside Canada. Thanks in advance!

JJ1990

Jan 7, 2019
Dubai
AOR Received.
21-09-2018
There have been cases where car loan is deducted from POF so as @Micky345 says you should check GCMS notes if that has been mentioned on your notes.

But if you have already closed loan than please don't wait for ADR to update those documents, just do that proactively.
Thanks guys. Will send the docs soon.

Mar 31, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
Hi everyone
I am 25 Sept 2018 AOR. Later I got married and added my wife to my application. In february, i was asked to upload documents pertaining to relationship proofs which i did within atiputed period of 30 days. My wife has undergone medical on 28.3.2019

I have two queries:-

1. How much average time does it take after adding spouse and submitting the documents since my 6 months from AOR has already passed

2. I had uploaded proof of funds as single applicant but when i added my spouseI uploaded Fixed deposit balance as required for two persons but the FD balance shown by me was from different bank account. Is changing of Bank permissible as I had shown balance of single from one bank and for couple from different.