+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It was not included, my employer doesn’t usually include it in their reference letters,

i did not because my employer usually doesn’t include it in their proof of employement letter. I would have thought within this six months wait cic would contact me for a supplement document but there was total silence for 5months. Is it possible to ask for a reconsideration with an updated letter?
That is the dumbest mistake from your end. CIC clearly states you need to submit a work experience letter with roles and responsibilities included. How in the world would CIC verify whether the job you claim matches their noc description?

You seriously shouldn't expect them to ask for additional documents in the first place. Before hand, you have to submit all the necessary documents clearly.

They are rejecting applications because of wrong NOC and you submitted a work experience letter without job duties and responsibilities :D:D:D

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Below is reply from IRCC when I emailed them..

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

Does this mean ,i am in Security Screening?
What did u ask them ? Yes it can be in security screening or review required for any other thing .. have u ordered gcms notes ?

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
It was not included, my employer doesn’t usually include it in their reference letters,

i did not because my employer usually doesn’t include it in their proof of employement letter. I would have thought within this six months wait cic would contact me for a supplement document but there was total silence for 5months. Is it possible to ask for a reconsideration with an updated letter?
I agree you should have taken the necessary steps to provide the job description, even if your company refuses to provide a job description you could have gotten a coworker or supervisor to sign a letter confirming your duties. You could have also asked your company to clearly state that its against their policy to provide job duties on the job letter and then write a deceleration letter explaining same.

Whats more surprising is that CIC took six months before refusing your application.
This is normally done within the first two months, during the first validity checks to make sure all required documents were provided.
Sorry man, but you can try again using some of the steps i outlined and see if it works out.

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
That is the dumbest mistake from your end. CIC clearly states you need to submit a work experience letter with roles and responsibilities included. How in the world would CIC verify whether the job you claim matches their noc description?

You seriously shouldn't expect them to ask for additional documents in the first place. Before hand, you have to submit all the necessary documents clearly.

They are rejecting applications because of wrong NOC and you submitted a work experience letter without job duties and responsibilities :D:D:D
I admit I was wrong for failing to double check the requirements but I have seen some cases on here where they asked for supplement documents. I guess it depends on the visa officer

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
I agree you should have taken the necessary steps to provide the job description, even if your company refuses to provide a job description you could have gotten a coworker or supervisor to sign a letter confirming your duties. You could have also asked your company to clearly state that its against their policy to provide job duties on the job letter and then write a deceleration letter explaining same.

Whats more surprising is that CIC took six months before refusing your application.
This is normally done within the first two months, during the first validity checks to make sure all required documents were provided.
Sorry man, but you can try again using some of the steps i outlined and see if it works out.
Yea that was my expectation as well, after 6 months I was under the assumption I had passed eligibility. I’m wondering if I can raise a CSE for reconsideration with the updated letter

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Exactly!! He could have got 2 letters here from his company. One the work experience and the second that explains the company does not provide job description. Have them both signed by his company HR.

He could have given a proper explanation for this in his LOE.

I am not sure if he ordered GCMS notes because that would have been clearly flagged by the program assistant during R10 checks.

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I admit I was wrong for failing to double check the requirements but I have seen some cases on here where they asked for supplement documents. I guess it depends on the visa officer
Meanwhile, did u order GCMS notes?!

It seems u have sufficient points to easily get in the next draw....so, u may want to ask for your company new documents, and if they refuse again try to get at least an email in which they clearly state it against their policy and etc. In parallel, u should try to get a separate letter from a superior stating duties and collect all his/her documentation to proof their link w the company.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Again you making the same mistake of assuming you will fall into the same extremely rare cases category.

Did you order GCMS notes?

Generally, you have to submit the required documents as per the specifications.

You shouldn't really give them an opportunity to flag anything in your application. There is nothing wrong in sending more documents and information

Reactions: iqueen

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Exactly!! He could have got 2 letters here from his company. One the work experience and the second that explains the company does not provide job description. Have them both signed by his company HR.

He could have given a proper explanation for this in his LOE.

I am not sure if he ordered GCMS notes because that would have been clearly flagged by the program assistant during R10 checks.
I second that!

saani

Jul 29, 2017
What did u ask them ? Yes it can be in security screening or review required for any other thing .. have u ordered gcms notes ?
I asked that my 6 months processing time has completed and still no news.
Eligibility and criminality is passed as told by IRCC agent yesterday.
Don’t know what sort of verification they are doing.

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
No I didn’t order GCMS notes. Also I didn’t want to raise any flags with my company that I would be leaving them , hence the reason for not pushing for them to include my roles and responsibilities. The letter the provided included my department and job position

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
Again you making the same mistake of assuming you will fall into the same extremely rare cases category.

Did you order GCMS notes?

Generally, you have to submit the required documents as per the specifications.

You shouldn't really give them an opportunity to flag anything in your application. There is nothing wrong in sending more documents and information
I guess I was overconfident that I’d get approved when I made my submission. Now I know better to order GCMS after 3months

Reactions: Archavin89

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yea that was my expectation as well, after 6 months I was under the assumption I had passed eligibility. I’m wondering if I can raise a CSE for reconsideration with the updated letter
You may still have a tiny chance.

Send them a CSE for "Reconsideration Request" and clarify your situation and you want to appeal their decision to reconsider your case.

They should reply within 2 weeks regarding your situation.

In the mean time, you could start your process for the next draw. You will definitely make it since you have a very good score.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
No I didn’t order GCMS notes. Also I didn’t want to raise any flags with my company that I would be leaving them , hence the reason for not pushing for them to include my roles and responsibilities. The letter the provided included my department and job position
This is very sad .. but they have very clear instructions as to what should be included in experience letter .. you should try raising a CEC and let them know tht u can provide this letter .. in fact get the letter and attach it .. if they dont accept enter the draw again

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I guess I was overconfident that I’d get approved when I made my submission. Now I know better to order GCMS after 3months
mate :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You really ruined your great chance. Not only you wasted 7 months of your precious time but you may have to start everything all over again.

Its always good to order GCMS notes after 100 days. This is generally when R10 checks are completed.

Good luck!!