+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
How many days will it take for visa stamping on passport..I submitted my passport today to VFS..can I resign now?:)
Or should I wait for the stamped passport to come?

Reactions: RR9187

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
How many days will it take for visa stamping on passport..I submitted my passport today to VFS..can I resign now?:)
Good question but it depends on n number of things and most importantly what you planned for your next job and what is your notice period.

Maayaa

Jan 18, 2019
I just spoke to call center agent and she told me that my background check is still in progress. which was the same reply I have received last month. 6 months time is just a tentative time frame as 80% of the applications last year were completed in 6 months time and time duration depends upon case to case. the file is in Ottawa processing center.

Reactions: Gagan_G

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
You can resign if you are planning to move to Canada immediately. The odds of you not getting the visa at this point are next to zero.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
people with multiple pccs... how long it took ur file to go from ip2 to ppr?
I hate to bearer of news, but there is no such thing as IP1 and no IP2...
Police certificates are used to process criminality, and can be used at any time as part of the background checl, regardless of what your background check status shows you.
So to answer your question, there is no timeframe really. It can take weeks, months, or just a few days... Because the status doesn't reveal at what stage your application is.

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, My AOR is Oct11,2018. I currrently live in Canada but I have applied for express entry with indian work experience with one dependent my spouse who is currently on a work permit here since one year. So do I fall in the category of FSW-inland? Does CIC touch inland applications late, as since November 9 after passing medical there is no progress and my background check says - we will update you when we begin your bc which I assume is Ip1 stage ...right ...so ... is this normal ... that march has started and even bc has not yet started. Any Views Please. I am waiting for some ghost update so that at least ip2 starts that (we are checking your bc) Just 41 days left for 6 months timeline.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Hello, My AOR is Oct11,2018. I currrently live in Canada but I have applied for express entry with indian work experience with one dependent my spouse who is currently on a work permit here since one year. So do I fall in the category of FSW-inland? Does CIC touch inland applications late, as since November 9 after passing medical there is no progress and my background check says - we will update you when we begin your bc which I assume is Ip1 stage ...right ...so ... is this normal ... that march has started and even bc has not yet started. Any Views Please. I am waiting for some ghost update so that at least ip2 starts that (we are checking your bc) Just 41 days left for 6 months timeline.
I am aor 12th Oct ...though l am in ip2 alrdy ...just can't wait to get the ppr mail. ...they currently working on my eligibility as confirm by call agent and web form that I raised last two weeks ...maybe u should call cic ..have passed medical and criminality.. But security hasn't started ....I think u should do same if u have not explore that alrdy..

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I am aor 12th Oct ...though l am in ip2 alrdy ...just can't wait to get the ppr mail. ...they currently working on my eligibility as confirm by call agent and web form that I raised last two weeks ...maybe u should call cic ..have passed medical and criminality.. But security hasn't started ....I think u should do same if u have not explore that alrdy..
When did your bc started..? ip2.. i am waiting till 11 march 5months will complete so if bc does not start by that time then i will call CIC to ask status of my application.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
When did your bc started..? ip2.. i am waiting till 11 march 5months will complete so if bc does not start by that time then i will call CIC to ask status of my application.
That was the beginning of Nov after medical was passed ..say 8th of nov