+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Hi Folks!

New member here! Have been part of the Sept AOR but have found this forum rather late.

ITA - 476
AOR - 6th Sept
Request for Police Certificate - 28th Sept ( I hadn't received the PCC until the deadline or so I feared, but I submitted it right the next day 27th Sept I had received it on the 7th or 8th of Sept)
RPRF - 12th Oct
Medical passed - 13th Oct

So I believe this would have been IP1 after reading through the forum.

Nothing has moved until then. And, I have 5 days left for the 6 month mark.

I have pretty straightforward bio with 8+years work ex in IT startups with no dependencies.

And I haven't contacted CIC yet. Do you guys think I should contact them or apply for gcms?

Haven't had a worry until the dates have closed in! :D

Thanks again!

Great community here!

Cheers,
Arnab
U ain't need GCMS notes !! In comin weeks u can expect PPR .

Reactions: arnabsaha

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Mate ! first thin first ain't no one can predict timeline its can be in 1/2 weeks or less .

IRCC Unfortunately ain't predictable .
Mr.Ashtush ..... I really appreciate your help, please let me know if there is any chance of rejection of my application, if not than shall i expect PPR in a month's time. If you can help on this please

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Morning guys!:)

Got a PPR!

AOR: Sep 27
The first Ghost update: Jan 31
The second Ghost update: Feb 27

My VO is Ottawa. Received the email on 28 Sept at 10 pm Ottawa time. So looks like they may have been in a hurry to hit February targets.
They gave me 60 days to submit my passport.

I'd like to warmly thank you all for your support and guidance! I'm looking forward to see you some day in our new life in Canada.

Hope the PPR thunderstorm and heavy shower starts today for everyone! Best of luck!:)
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeay!
congratulations , we I knew it was that close :D
good luck with the new life !

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Yet another drop in a rain of PPRs!
Just got mine this morning at 03.35 AM UCT, issued by Rabat VO.

-No ADR.
-19 days left on the counter
-62 travel history entries, but never been to "sensitive" countries.
-Myself + Wife
-Background status has always been "We are processing your background check" since AOR. It never changed at all.

EE Pool Entry: 12-Sept-2018
ITA: 19-Sept-2018
eAPR & AOR (Upfront RPRF): 20-Sept-2018
Medicals Passed & Biometrics Request: 18-Oct-2018
Biometrics Submitted: 25-Oct-2018
Ghost Update: 22-Feb-2019

PPR: 01-Mar-2019 (Dated 28-Feb-2019)

Appointment for Passport Submission at Canada Embassy in Rabat on Wednesday March 6th.
Process is a bit different for us Moroccans, it's much more straight forward. You go there in person, (no need for dependents present). Visas are pre-printed, and as you watch a 50mn video about Canada, they issue visa and CoPR. And off you go.

I shall take this opportunity to encourage every single one to remain patient, even if your application seems in a complete deadlock! Even if you order GCMS notes and see that nothing has supposedly started, do not that statuses sometimes go from Not Started, to Passed, to Not Started again, to In Progress, and then Passed again! Plus, the day you receive your GCMS notes isn't the day your notes were issued, as they were actually issued a whole month earlier, and only released to you a month after. So what you see isn't the actual picture of your application.

I'd also like to share (for those who didn't see it yet) a tip to avoid having your PPR emails go into spam, as it sometimes happen to some applicants. Just follow the tips below from a previous thread about this.

I hope that all those who got PPR or even already left for the cold land full of warmth, to remain on this forum and help others in successfully navigating what sometimes can be troubled waters!

***********************************COPY/PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD***********************************
Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

***********************************COPY/PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD***********************************

masha Allah, Alf mabrook
wishing u a happy journey , good luck with the rest !

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Mr.Ashtush ..... I really appreciate your help, please let me know if there is any chance of rejection of my application, if not than shall i expect PPR in a month's time. If you can help on this please
Hi Ashtush.... Can you please showcase your view on the same.

nelya96

Jan 25, 2019
Can you please show me hiw to send a web form to IRCC. I tried 7 Times to reach them yesterday but in vain lines were too busy

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Just got a response from cic today through CSE. It states
Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied. The background verifications are currently in process

It means eligibility check had been completed? What comes under background check?
Can someone plz reply to this query ? I just wanna know if this is a standard reply or it means eligibility has been met ? If yes then what comes under eligibility

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Thanks..but what is the normal time taken for visa stamping?..I have notice period of 3 months and planning to travel in June end or July beginning..
For us it took 3 weeks from the day the passports reached Ottawa office.

maya13

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks! It is still the regular “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”

Good luck! Hopefully you will get yours soon.
Thanks! Mine still reads 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' Background checks have not yet started and I am not optimistic enough to belive that it would be done within the next 20 days!
Hoping for the best though!

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks! Mine still reads 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' Background checks have not yet started and I am not optimistic enough to belive that it would be done within the next 20 days!
Hoping for the best though!

Well ! being Optimistic is the key u never knowit it can be in less than 20 days too !!

Reactions: maya13

inmike

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
I’ve lost hope....I think I made a biiig mistake when I submitted my application and I’m so frustrated. I received ITA 2 months earlier than my second year of experience and I didn’t know I should have declined my invitation. I trusted them and in their sistem, I thought if the systems sent you the invitation I didn’t have to supuse anything and just follow the instructions and submit the documents. Maybe that’s why is taking that long my process. I’m not sure what to do now