+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Aug 2, 2018
Congrats Buddy! Could you tell if there were any movements of IP2 reversing to IP1, then back to IP2 before the ghost update?

No change in BG message "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."since AoR

I have only seen one ghost update no more, I checked my account once a week at least, the lack of ghost updates was always a concern.

Reactions: themightygod

nipun9

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Guys!

I Have always been a silent reader. Today I finally got my COPR mail. Below are my timelines-

AOR - 27th September 2018
Medical pass - 25 October 2018
Background check started - 6th February 2019
Called CIC a week later and got to know my eligibility recommended pass and criminality passed, security not started.
Ghost update - 20th February 2019
PR - today morning 9:30 India time

Ironically I got my gcms notes ordered on 27th of January which I received today just before the PR and that showed that nothing was started till then.
I quick question, since my AOR is september, do I have to go for biometric? My cic account still suggests that no finger print is required.

Thanks for your help. Keep patience whoever I waiting. I can very well understand your pain.

Thanks!
Hi Dhawal17,

I am in a similar boat as you. Havent received by ppr but I may soon and I haven't been asked for biometrics so far. AOR 30th Sept.

themightygod

Feb 19, 2019
No change in BG message "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."since AoR

I have only seen one ghost update no more, I checked my account once a week at least, the lack of ghost updates was always a concern.
Thanks for the information. My status reads the same since AOR. No updates since MEP/BIL. AOR is 30 October. Congrats again. Best of luck for your new life in Canada :)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yet another drop in a rain of PPRs!
Just got mine this morning at 03.35 AM UCT, issued by Rabat VO.

-No ADR.
-19 days left on the counter
-62 travel history entries, but never been to "sensitive" countries.
-Myself + Wife
-Background status has always been "We are processing your background check" since AOR. It never changed at all.

EE Pool Entry: 12-Sept-2018
ITA: 19-Sept-2018
eAPR & AOR (Upfront RPRF): 20-Sept-2018
Medicals Passed & Biometrics Request: 18-Oct-2018
Biometrics Submitted: 25-Oct-2018
Ghost Update: 22-Feb-2019

PPR: 01-Mar-2019 (Dated 28-Feb-2019)

Appointment for Passport Submission at Canada Embassy in Rabat on Wednesday March 6th.
Process is a bit different for us Moroccans, it's much more straight forward. You go there in person, (no need for dependents present). Visas are pre-printed, and as you watch a 50mn video about Canada, they issue visa and CoPR. And off you go.

I shall take this opportunity to encourage every single one to remain patient, even if your application seems in a complete deadlock! Even if you order GCMS notes and see that nothing has supposedly started, do not that statuses sometimes go from Not Started, to Passed, to Not Started again, to In Progress, and then Passed again! Plus, the day you receive your GCMS notes isn't the day your notes were issued, as they were actually issued a whole month earlier, and only released to you a month after. So what you see isn't the actual picture of your application.

I'd also like to share (for those who didn't see it yet) a tip to avoid having your PPR emails go into spam, as it sometimes happen to some applicants. Just follow the tips below from a previous thread about this.

I hope that all those who got PPR or even already left for the cold land full of warmth, to remain on this forum and help others in successfully navigating what sometimes can be troubled waters!

***********************************COPY/PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD***********************************
Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

***********************************COPY/PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD***********************************

Last edited:

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Morning guys!:)

Got a PPR!

AOR: Sep 27
The first Ghost update: Jan 31
The second Ghost update: Feb 27

My VO is Ottawa. Received the email on 28 Sept at 10 pm Ottawa time. So looks like they may have been in a hurry to hit February targets.
They gave me 60 days to submit my passport.

I'd like to warmly thank you all for your support and guidance! I'm looking forward to see you some day in our new life in Canada.

Hope the PPR thunderstorm and heavy shower starts today for everyone! Best of luck!:)
Congratulations! Max , ur intuition was correct .

Reactions: Maxgord

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Guys I got my PPR request today in the morning, even though I didn't participate much but this thread really helped keep my sanity... thank you all and good luck to all of you

AoR 23 Sep
MEP 24 Oct
Bio Request 20 Nov
Ghost update 23 Feb
PPR 28 Feb 2019
Congratulations! Fella

Ur user name sounds so modest ya !

Reactions: S17

nelya96

Jan 25, 2019
Yet another drop in a rain of PPRs!
Just got mine this morning at 03.35 AM UCT, issued by Rabat VO.

EE Pool Entry: 12-Sept-2018
ITA: 19-Sept-2018
eAPR & AOR (Upfront RPRF): 20-Sept-2018
Medicals Passed & Biometrics Request: 18-Oct-2018
Biometrics Submitted: 25-Oct-2018
Ghost Update: 22-Feb-2019

PPR: 01-Mar-2019 (Dated 28-Feb-2019)

I shall take this opportunity to encourage every single one to remain patient, even if your application seems in a complete deadlock! Even if you order GCMS notes and see that nothing has supposedly started, do not that statuses sometimes go from Not Started, to Passed, to Not Started again, to In Progress, and then Passed again! Plus, the day you receive your GCMS notes isn't the day your notes were issued, as they were actually issued a whole month earlier, and only released to you a month after. So what you see isn't the actual picture of your application.

I'd also like to share (for those who didn't see it yet) a tip to avoid having your PPR emails go into spam, as it sometimes happen to some applicants. Just follow the tips below from a previous thread about this.

I hope that all those who got PPR or even already left for the cold land full of warmth, to remain on this forum and help others in successfully navigating what sometimes can be troubled waters!

Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

Hello @Peacekeeper87 , Congrats for your PPR, i can finally find someone who is from Morocco. My AOR is SEP 26 but got no answer, though it is heartwarming to see that Moroccan applicants get also an answer. I would like to know what is the ghost update you received before the PPR. i can't see any change in my account since OCT 26.
Thank you!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello @Peacekeeper87 , Congrats for your PPR, i can finally find someone who is from Morocco. My AOR is SEP 26 but got no answer, though it is heartwarming to see that Moroccan applicants get also an answer. I would like to know what is the ghost update you received before the PPR. i can't see any change in my account since OCT 26.
Thank you!
Yeah not very common indeed on this forum :D. Thank you for your kind reply.
A so-called ghost update is when your application page shows "Application updated", but when you enter to see what status has changed, nothing has changed at all. It is safely speculated that it's triggered when your file is moved to local visa office, which is Rabat for us. For the case of Morocco applicants, PPR very usually comes by the end of the following week on Fridays.

Just be more patient, it will come in due time! You can call IRCC call center to make sure everything is going well with your application.

Reactions: maitredufoot

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Guys, need your help.

Is it OK to withdraw money from a bank account stated in POF right after PPR?

Just thinking of buying some dollars:)