+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi guys, anyone knows how to call IRCC from the US inquiring about the processing status?
Not sure wheter it's about calling from the US or outside (most probably)
But maybe it could be helpful anyway.

Nishita.Kulkarni said:
Yesterday I managed to speak with an agent and was told my criminality check was in progress!
I managed this feat after calling CIC for past full week at different times and numbers and methods.

How you ask?
1. Install Hangout Dialer (yes, its free! no need for paying a paisa!) plus you need a cup of coffee!
2. Pick a good time of the night. I managed to get a call through at 10.30 PM Indian Std. Time (12 noon in Ottawa)
3. I dialed +1 613-944-4000. (Yes, with that small '+')
4. I followed the instruction as it is. The options are pretty logical.
5. First I took all the options till the automated voice read out my current status which is already visible in my status page.
6. After this got over, they asked if I want to speak with an agent! '... please press zero, if you want to talk to our agent...'
7. YES!
8. They told me a few times that the volume of calls was huge.
9. Repeated steps 3 to 8 till I was put in a queue!
10. Sipped on the coffee because I was in good 38 min long queue! with some airplane like music playing. This is why you have coffee!
11. Viola! A human voice (with French accent though) very kindly asked me my Reg num, Client num, DOB and last name.
12. Fell asleep, even after drinking coffee, with peace of mind and smile on my face!!

Peacekeeper87:
Important to to note that Hangout DIalier isn't available in many countries.
Not available in Google Playstore/AppStore, and even if you download .apk file from a website, it won't launch.
Better to use Skype Credits to be sure.

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

arvintht

Sep 21, 2018
After seeing no progress for nearly 3 months, I have had thoughts to withdraw my application to not to get stressed any further. I also had doubts whether my application had the required documents uploaded and whether my application would get rejected, despite having a consultant for assistance. And then I think after putting in close to 2 years of efforts, spending loads of money(had to make a lot of sacrifices to save money for this process and for POF) for this PR to start a new life in Canada, withdrawing my application is a silly thing to do. I wished to get the PPR by this year end. And that is not going to happen.Now I wish to atleast get a status update by the end of this year. I hope all of us will have a great start to 2019 and bear fruition to our efforts.

Enjoy Christmas holidays with peace and joy, and do not think too much of your PR application during this festive season! Cos who knows, this might be the last Christmas you would celebrate at your homeland since next year all of us will be celebrating in Canada :D
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!!!

Jun 27, 2018
Yup, all right. Correcting the typo may appear crucial, it's very important it was spotted.

A delicate query about NOC is fine also. (Why not? No harm) You just showed you want to do everything right.

What province are you gonna settle in?
(I'm already doing my networking prior to arrival):D

Well, the dream is that, after PPR, I'll find a job from my country of residence. I'll try to reach for any contacts + the mainstream job hunt drill.

If that doesn't work (which is likely), I'll probably be landing at Toronto, because of economic activity reasons.

You into construction/engineering?

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Did you move to IP2?
Have you paid RPRF upfront?
Mine is 23 September but no update after medical passed...not even asked for RPRF...it's getting scarier for me now
hope
CIC gave a happy surprise to people waiting for ITA with 439 cutoff the lowest cutoff in 1 year.

Hope they surprise us with PPRs.

Come on CIC we are waiting.Spread the joy.:):p:p:D

Damn ! Good news 439 CRS !! for many fellas CHRISTMAS has come early .

Blessin in disguise ..

Neron

Jan 11, 2018
See you around some day then:)
Is it really 'No fun' lonely city as described in the media?
(I personally don't believe in it)
It’s kinda true... the city is beauty with no fun... and not as diversified as Toronto, I lived in Toronto for a couple of years it’s the best place for new comers

Reactions: Maxgord

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Not sure wheter it's about calling from the US or outside (most probably)
But maybe it could be helpful anyway.

Nishita.Kulkarni said:
Yesterday I managed to speak with an agent and was told my criminality check was in progress!
I managed this feat after calling CIC for past full week at different times and numbers and methods.

How you ask?
1. Install Hangout Dialer (yes, its free! no need for paying a paisa!) plus you need a cup of coffee!
2. Pick a good time of the night. I managed to get a call through at 10.30 PM Indian Std. Time (12 noon in Ottawa)
3. I dialed +1 613-944-4000. (Yes, with that small '+')
4. I followed the instruction as it is. The options are pretty logical.
5. First I took all the options till the automated voice read out my current status which is already visible in my status page.
6. After this got over, they asked if I want to speak with an agent! '... please press zero, if you want to talk to our agent...'
7. YES!
8. They told me a few times that the volume of calls was huge.
9. Repeated steps 3 to 8 till I was put in a queue!
10. Sipped on the coffee because I was in good 38 min long queue! with some airplane like music playing. This is why you have coffee!
11. Viola! A human voice (with French accent though) very kindly asked me my Reg num, Client num, DOB and last name.
12. Fell asleep, even after drinking coffee, with peace of mind and smile on my face!!

Peacekeeper87:
Important to to note that Hangout DIalier isn't available in many countries.
Not available in Google Playstore/AppStore, and even if you download .apk file from a website, it won't launch.
Better to use Skype Credits to be sure.
She is Pro in explainin ! From Start to Finish

Last edited:

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
After seeing no progress for nearly 3 months, I have had thoughts to withdraw my application to not to get stressed any further. I also had doubts whether my application had the required documents uploaded and whether my application would get rejected, despite having a consultant for assistance. And then I think after putting in close to 2 years of efforts, spending loads of money(had to make a lot of sacrifices to save money for this process and for POF) for this PR to start a new life in Canada, withdrawing my application is a silly thing to do. I wished to get the PPR by this year end. And that is not going to happen.Now I wish to atleast get a status update by the end of this year. I hope all of us will have a great start to 2019 and bear fruition to our efforts.

Enjoy Christmas holidays with peace and joy, and do not think too much of your PR application during this festive season! Cos who knows, this might be the last Christmas you would celebrate at your homeland since next year all of us will be celebrating in Canada :D
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!!!
Amen ! We all lookin forward for good news

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Well i ordered GCMS notes for both my paper based application and express entry application, yesterday i only got the result for paper based and of course the processing time is 19months, they didnt start anything....where is my note for express entry? i ordered them at same time?:confused:

I also raised CSE yesterday and got this message
  • The CPC–Ottawa office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
Which isnt helping i googled and someone got their ppr in a week after getting this same reply so this message means nothing i guess

Jun 27, 2018
Well i ordered GCMS notes for both my paper based application and express entry application, yesterday i only got the result for paper based and of course the processing time is 19months, they didnt start anything....where is my note for express entry? i ordered them at same time?:confused:

I also raised CSE yesterday and got this message
  • The CPC–Ottawa office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
Which isnt helping i googled and someone got their ppr in a week after getting this same reply so this message means nothing i guess
Do they take long to answer CSEs?

took a single day for your case?

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Do they take long to answer CSEs?

took a single day for your case?
Yeah surprisingly only a day, haha but not helpful,

I asked them if i passed eligibility, security, criminality and also my visa office.

Now i know my visa office at least (but i already assumed it as ottawa as im cec inland..)

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
When the first reviewing case agent opens your application to evaluate your eligibility for your specific program, he makes a recommendation based on the information and documents you have provided. This recommendation can be either "Review Required" or "Recommend Pass", and then passes it on to the final reviewing officer. Once the officer makes his revision, he makes a decision for your eligibility.

When he sets your eligibility as "Met", it means that all the eligibility criteria for your specific program have been checked & verified (Met) based on all the information and documentation you have provided. Education, work experience, language etc... all have a minimum threshold with attributed points, and all points need to amount to at least 67 our of 100 as far as FSW is concerned. Once he/she makes sure you're at or above this threshold, he/she mark eligibility as "Met". It's an incredibly important step, that every applicant looks forward to successfully go through.
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I have never called to check on my application and I was not planning to. Lately, I have been having this feeling if my eligibility is cleared or not; especially because my current employer gave a very "lean" letter. It could have been better articulated in my mind, especially the job responsibilities; but that was all I got and I went with it. I have been feeling nervous about it lately now that I am at 97th day mark.