+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SHBC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hue hue it can take a long time from application approval to ppr. Mine was approved 1.5 months ago and still no invitation. Would be interesting to know why they can’t send the invitation instantly after approval.
Mine is the same. The IRCC agent told me that it would take about ten weeks to send PPR for local VO after the application is approved.

1971yeg

Feb 8, 2019
Hey All,

My background check status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happened about 10 business days ago with a ghost update, no email. Is it fair to assume that I passed the eligibility check or could this still mean they are reviewing my eligibility?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: williamps

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi All,

My AOR is 26th Sep and today is the last day for 6 months.I logged into my GCKey account to see that the Progress bar changed to Application taking longer than usual and you fall in 20% of the applications.I got dejected as usual until I heard a background chime....

Opened my mail to see that the PPR mail is delivered.Phew 6 months to the date to get my PPR....
Thanks One and All for this thread and continuous support.

Last edited:

abovebeyond

Feb 17, 2019
Hi All,

My AOR is 26th Sep and today is the last day for 6 months.I logged into my GCKey account to see that the Progress bar changed to Application taking longer than usual and you fall in 20% of the applications.I got dejected as usual until I heard a background chime....

Opened my mail to see that the COPR mail is delivered.Phew 6 months to the date to get my COPR....
Thanks One and All for this thread and continuous support.
Congrats. When did you move to IP2? And is there any ghost update today?

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Congrats. When did you move to IP2? And is there any ghost update today?
I moved to IP2 on 20th Jan.I got a Ghost update 2 days back i.e. on Sunday.And there was a longer than usual maintenance window mentioned by GCKey for today.

So was expecting that I either get the PPR today or forget it again for months.And CIC delivered.A Rain of PPRs should fall today I guess.. :)

Reactions: Pooh23

Raka30

Feb 6, 2019
I am also 7 of September. I am stuck in IP2. I sent a web form requesting an update last Friday, still waiting for a response.
I haven't requested GCMS notes as yet, i will wait until end of the week and see what happens before doing that. (I am loosing hope with this will be a positive result)
I think 7th September is unlucky date. I belong to the same community.
I am stuck in IP1 from last 6 months.

Rose_nag

Jan 22, 2019
...and the wait is finalllyy overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Got Ready for Visa mail today!! Yayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-D :-D

AOR - 18th September 2018, Medicals passed- 18th Oct., Complete silence after that for 5 whole months!
Then 1st ghost update followed by moving to IP2 - 22nd March, 2019.
PPR mail - 26th March, 08.09 am (Indian Standard time), Mail dated - 25th March, 2019.
Category- FSW (O)- India with 1 dependent.

I couldn't have kept my sanity, waiting for PPR, without the support of all of you guys here! Thank you very much from me and my husband!

Sooo sooo haapy today. May the Almighty Lord shower his blessings for the strongest of spirits to you all who are still waiting for the PPR mail. Trust in His ways...it will definitely come soon! Good luck all :-D

Raahulc

Jan 17, 2019
New Delhi
...and the wait is finalllyy overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Got Ready for Visa mail today!! Yayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-D :-D

AOR - 18th September 2018, Medicals passed- 18th Oct., Complete silence after that for 5 whole months!
Then 1st ghost update followed by moving to IP2 - 22nd March, 2019.
PPR mail - 26th March, 08.09 am (Indian Standard time), Mail dated - 25th March, 2019.
Category- FSW (O)- India with 1 dependent.

I couldn't have kept my sanity, waiting for PPR, without the support of all of you guys here! Thank you very much from me and my husband!

Sooo sooo haapy today. May the Almighty Lord shower his blessings for the strongest of spirits to you all who are still waiting for the PPR mail. Trust in His ways...it will definitely come soon! Good luck all :-D

Congratulations RosE!!

Reactions: Rose_nag

arnabsaha

Mar 1, 2019
Hi Guys!

I've got the PPR today as well :)

AOR - 5th Sept

I've another query though, I have a couple of interviews lined up from the April 8th in Canada that I have to be physically present for. Because of which I had also submitted a Visitor Visa Application since the PR was taking longer. Now even the visitor visa application has reached Delhi Immigration but says its in progress.

Does anyone have any idea if I would be granted the visitor as well? Since, I intend to attend the interviews and return back to make final preps for a move i.e. resign, notice etc.

Also what are tentative timelines for getting your passport stamped and returned back after you submit to VAC?

Regards,
Arnab

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Possible but not sure. Check the activity and notes section. BGC comprises of many checks..checking of applicant and dependent work/travel history, address, etc. I guess they check whatever info you put in the application (only cic knows what and how exactly).
Btw we have same aor sept 19 and same status. But mine we got procedural fairness letter. And initially eligibility from “review required” to “met” after only few days or weeks. I saw the updates they did because we already ordered gcms notes twice.
what was PFL for and how long after AOR did you receive it?