+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
@Bandit Queen - If I remember correctly, they had mentioned you will hear by Jan 21st. I am assuming you have not heard anything yet. Are you planning to call this week?

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
I got a response to my CSE raised last week. These are some of Agent Matthew's thoughts:

"The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• Your application is located at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
..."

Mind you GCMS notes and call indicate that the application has been approved.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, CIC never calls. In fact they make it clear that anyone who calls on behalf of CIC and asks for personal info are most likely trying to dupe people.
Well I called about two weeks ago to ask if they received doc. I upload, she said she did not see 1 set. So after hanging up and trying to get the documents uploaded, she called me back to apologies and states she saw the docs in another screen. So not too sure about never calls

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
@Bandit Queen - If I remember correctly, they had mentioned you will hear by Jan 21st. I am assuming you have not heard anything yet. Are you planning to call this week?
@arte I did call today. Spoke with a really sweet agent. She said that unfortunately, even though they told me to call back on 21st, since I am yet to hit the six months mark there is nothing that they can do. She said I could contact Sydney on my own and shared the details on email after the call. But it is something that's already on website and I have already emailed Sydney and raised a CSE but I am not hoping to get a reply. As they don't reply unless itsi beyond 6 months and looking at June thread it seems they give generic reply even after 6 months. I am going to wait till March 8th now and call them then if I still don't get anything. Planning everything else under same assumption that I won't hear anything for 6 weeks.
Your timeline looks pretty similar to mine. When did you get your PPR email?
I haven't. Still waiting.

Jan 21, 2019
@arte I did call today. Spoke with a really sweet agent. She said that unfortunately, even though they told me to call back on 21st, since I am yet to hit the six months mark there is nothing that they can do. She said I could contact Sydney on my own and shared the details on email after the call. But it is something that's already on website and I have already emailed Sydney and raised a CSE but I am not hoping to get a reply. As they don't reply unless itsi beyond 6 months and looking at June thread it seems they give generic reply even after 6 months. I am going to wait till March 8th now and call them then if I still don't get anything. Planning everything else under same assumption that I won't hear anything for 6 weeks.

I haven't. Still waiting.
Would you mind sharing the instructions ?

Jan 21, 2019
I got a response to my CSE raised last week. These are some of Agent Matthew's thoughts:

"The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• Your application is located at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
..."

I would stick to the GCMS.

rahulraghavan

Jul 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
For "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?"
I selected "NO", and then it takes you to the webform for your details to punch in.
Yup and it further drills down asking me to select a specific VO outside of Canada. There are 3 options for India. Hence the confusion. :-(

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

..."

This was the exact message I got from the same agent Mathew 3 weeks ago with the same wordings, except the visa office is different.

I guess it's a generic message irrespective of what is really happening with the file.

vineysindhu

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
I just received a Ghost update on my profile.

I saw Application/Profile updated for the application. But when clicked on it, nothing is changed. Hope this is referred to as Ghost update.
Congrats, My timeline is similar to yours. Please let me know if call and find that your application is approved.

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018

That's a bummer