+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

trmnsbfhjgshg

Oct 29, 2018
I think there is some technical problem with CIC and biometrics in some centres or the officer in charge just wish to write that status until criminality and security is done.
I say this because I have the same issue! I sent a web form (twice) and called once, I told the agent about my worries about the biometrics saying they have not received it but the agent was kind enough to tell me that the respectable office has them and I should not worry. I got the same response from the web form I sent.

So yes you can call them or send a web form. It is a technical glitch and it affects skme of us because up till this moment which is more than 60days I submitted biometrics, I still have we have not received your biometrics on my status. There are other people on this forum with similar cases. If you have the date it was given updated on your profile, then that's good.
Cool, thanks for your reply! Good to know that I'm not alone with this status.

My thinking was the same... Today it's exactly one month since the biometrics request, so it's the day when it has expired. So I'm assuming that the status changed automatically. Later on, the officer will change it manually when my case is opened.

Anyhow, might be a good reason to call them.

Reactions: Tinaaah

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
I saw an update from my cic application today, i moved from ip1 to ip2 :):):):):):):);)

I dont know when i moved to ip2 since there was no email or message, and i havent checked my account for last 3 days as it makes me depressed seeing no change every day(lol)

Very positive i will get ppr in a month now as most cases get their ppr in a month once they waited at their ip1 for quite a time:D

Hipe we all get our pr end of this year!:):)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul who has submitted biometrics can help me.

Do you have to wait until IRCC request for biometrics or should you submit biometrics upfront for countries that require biometrics? I'm from Sri Lanka and biometrics are a mandatory requirement for PR, but this wasn't listed as required during the submission of the PR application so I was wondering if anyone did biometrics as 'upfront' and provided it with the application.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
You have to wait for instructions letter, which usually happens on the same day as Medicals Passed, or within a few weeks after that. Nobody does fingerprints upfront.
However, do know that if you're an inland applicant, you won't receive biometrics request, even if you're from a country where biometrics are mandatory. It's a temporary exemption until a new system is set-up inside Canada for biometrics collection, "In-Canada".

If you're inland applicant, normally you were not and will not be requested to pay for Biometrics fee, unlike Outland applicants from countries where biometrics are mandatory.

Last edited:

singhsinghmandeep

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I saw an update from my cic application today, i moved from ip1 to ip2 :):):):):):):);)

I dont know when i moved to ip2 since there was no email or message, and i havent checked my account for last 3 days as it makes me depressed seeing no change every day(lol)

Very positive i will get ppr in a month now as most cases get their ppr in a month once they waited at their ip1 for quite a time:D

Congratulations!!!
Is your background status updated?

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018

Congratulations in advance what's your AOR

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
You have to wait for instructions letter, which usually happens on the same day as Medicals Passed, or within a few weeks after that. Nobody does fingerprints upfront.
However, do know that if you're an inland applicant, you won't receive biometrics request, even if you're from a country where biometrics are mandatory. It's a temporary exemption until a new system is set-up inside Canada for biometrics collection, "In-Canada".

If you're inland applicant, normally you were not and will not be requested to pay for Biometrics fee, unlike Outland applicants from countries where biometrics are mandatory.
Ohh I see, yes I am an inland-CEC applicant. Thanks so much for the information, I wasn't aware of this temporary exemption.
I'm guessing they might ask for a RCMP report later which will require finger print testing.

Thanks once again!

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
A couple of people with September AOR received PPR today.... one 11 September AOR (FSW-O) and one 1st September AOR (PNP).....

I guess PPRs are coming extremely slowly for September AORs ... but they are coming...... hoping for the best for all of us waiting....
That’s great news !