+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immi2011 said:
Hi garian4u,

Was there anything on Ecas which mentioned that an RQ was sent to you? Did you had the 4th line on your Ecas saying that your file has been transferred to the local office?
No immi2011, ecas didn't mention about RQ. Also, there was no 4th line saying that my file had been transferred to the local office.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
No immi2011, ecas didn't mention about RQ. Also, there was no 4th line saying that my file had been transferred to the local office.
You and I have the same timeline but I haven't even received my AOR yet. Kinda nervous about it ... I have decided to wait till end of January before I resubmit the application (as suggested by one of the CIC agents). But I think I will issue a ATIP request this week followed by a case specific enquiry early next week to see if I can find out what's going on with my application.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
You and I have the same timeline but I haven't even received my AOR yet. Kinda nervous about it ... I have decided to wait till end of January before I resubmit the application (as suggested by one of the CIC agents). But I think I will issue a ATIP request this week followed by a case specific enquiry early next week to see if I can find out what's going on with my application.
You can send a ATIP specific request (not the physical file option) right a way. This will take about 2 weeks to receive e-mail reply from a CIC agent whether your file is received or not.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I have a feeling that your file might have been caught by random selection. Your travel does not look unusual while many applicants had more travels than you to US or multiple countries w/o RQ. But I think Scarborough will process your RQ fast (likely within 2-3 month) as CIC was very quick on sending you RQ.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
rayman_m said:
You can send a ATIP specific request (not the physical file option) right a way. This will take about 2 weeks to receive e-mail reply from a CIC agent whether your file is received or not.
Do you know what department we need to send the atip request too? Also what information are we requesting?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi desigirltoronto84, did you try checking the ECAS with your Client ID? The AOR might have got lost, but if your application was received by CIC, a file would have been created. The Client ID no is your PR number (8 digits).

SpidieMan

Jan 5, 2015
What does AOR mean? And what does "Received line disappeared" date mean? Is that when it gets replaced with In Progress?

I sent my application in June 2014, it was returned in August because the passport copies were of a new passport which didn't cover the last four years. Mailed it again the next day via courier, their system now says that my application was received September 18th and that processing started November 20th. I received my booklet in the mail in mid December. No email or letter regarding the actual test yet? Does it normally take 6-months after the booklet to get a test date? Do tests take place over weekends only?

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Citizenship applicants, while applying of Citizenship, is following list of documents sufficiently includes everything -

-Citizenship forms (whatever are they from CIC website)
-Residence Calculator Printout (365 days)
-Degree/Post Secondary program in English if IELTS is not needed otherwise IELTS score
-Copy of Permanent Resident Card
-Copy of COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence)
-Copy of Bio Graphic Pages of Current Passport
-Documents for Proof of residence such as Notice of Assessments, Utility bills, T4s, Bank Statements etc
-Citizenship application fees Money Order/Cheque etc

IS THAT ALL OR IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION???

INPUT OF THOSE WHO GOT AOR WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

SpidieMan

Jan 5, 2015
Go over the checklist that cic provides for safe measure and make sure that the passport covers the duration of your stay being examined. If you need to attach copies of an older passport, do so. Also, don't use caps, it is considered as shouting, which no one likes.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SpidieMan said:
Go over the checklist that cic provides for safe measure and make sure that the passport covers the duration of your stay being examined. If you need to attach copies of an older passport, do so. Also, don't use caps, it is considered as shouting, which no one likes.
MF I WILL USE SUPER CAP HERE ARE YOU GONNA MB NOW??

Hemans

Dec 29, 2014
I apply on march 2014 and my husband reach I letter on September 2014, saying that I must get my permanent visa and I don't know what to do after that

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi desigirltoronto84, did you try checking the ECAS with your Client ID? The AOR might have got lost, but if your application was received by CIC, a file would have been created. The Client ID no is your PR number (8 digits).
Yes the last time I checked ecas using my UCI/client ID number - the system did not recognize my ID.

I will send an ATIP request today.

I am extremely nervous About the whole thing. I am OK with the delay - just hoping that nothing was lost in the mail or anything.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemans said:
I apply on march 2014 and my husband reach I letter on September 2014, saying that I must get my permanent visa and I don't know what to do after that
Are you and your husband both permanent resident in Canada ?

If so, please make sure you comply with the residence and the physical presence requirement in CANADA.