September 2014 Citizenship Application

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Yes the last time I checked ecas using my UCI/client ID number - the system did not recognize my ID.

I will send an ATIP request today.

I am extremely nervous About the whole thing. I am OK with the delay - just hoping that nothing was lost in the mail or anything.
I'm on the same boat as you are... application received on Sep 30th (confirmed by Fedex), no acknowledgement by mail, nothing returned and no ecas information ever since. I called last week and the agent told me to wait until the end of January - I live in Windsor, ON.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
I'm on the same boat as you are... application received on Sep 30th (confirmed by Fedex), no acknowledgement by mail, nothing returned and no ecas information ever since. I called last week and the agent told me to wait until the end of January - I live in Windsor, ON.
Hey ITGUY,

Exact same timeline and exact same response from CIC agent - although, I called CIC agents 4 times. Early December - 11th, she asked me to wait for 2 weeks. I called back on the 26th (3times) and got 2 different responses - two out of three told me to wait till end of Jan and one told me - "your application may have been returned and may have been lost in the mail. You should resubmit your application."

I am doing the ATIP request today and wait till end of January to resubmit the application.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey ITGUY,

Exact same timeline and exact same response from CIC agent - although, I called CIC agents 4 times. Early December - 11th, she asked me to wait for 2 weeks. I called back on the 26th (3times) and got 2 different responses - two out of three told me to wait till end of Jan and one told me - "your application may have been returned and may have been lost in the mail. You should resubmit your application."

I am doing the ATIP request today and wait till end of January to resubmit the application.
Hey. I'm in the same situation as you guys and got the same responses from CIC.

Could you let me know how you are going to submit the atip? To which department, and what are you requesting?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SpidieMan said:
What does AOR mean? And what does "Received line disappeared" date mean? Is that when it gets replaced with In Progress?

I sent my application in June 2014, it was returned in August because the passport copies were of a new passport which didn't cover the last four years. Mailed it again the next day via courier, their system now says that my application was received September 18th and that processing started November 20th. I received my booklet in the mail in mid December. No email or letter regarding the actual test yet? Does it normally take 6-months after the booklet to get a test date? Do tests take place over weekends only?
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt which means application has been received and everything is in order.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
washington.state said:
So Citizenship applicants, while applying of Citizenship, is following list of documents sufficiently includes everything -

-Citizenship forms (whatever are they from CIC website)
-Residence Calculator Printout (365 days)
-Degree/Post Secondary program in English if IELTS is not needed otherwise IELTS score
-Copy of Permanent Resident Card
-Copy of COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence)
-Copy of Bio Graphic Pages of Current Passport
-Documents for Proof of residence such as Notice of Assessments, Utility bills, T4s, Bank Statements etc
-Citizenship application fees Money Order/Cheque etc

IS THAT ALL OR IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE FOR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION???

INPUT OF THOSE WHO GOT AOR WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Please check the checklist on CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

You don't need to send your T4s, utility bills, NOA, bank statements etc unless a Residence Questionnaire has been issued.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:
Hey. I'm in the same situation as you guys and got the same responses from CIC.

Could you let me know how you are going to submit the atip? To which department, and what are you requesting?
Hey guess what? I submitted the ATIP request at 1.27 PM and got an email AOR confirmation from CIC about the citizenship application at 1:57.

At least it's moving.

To answer your question you can submit ATIP request online on their website. You are requesting notes on your application.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey guess what? I submitted the ATIP request at 1.27 PM and got an email AOR confirmation from CIC about the citizenship application at 1:57.

At least it's moving.

To answer your question you can submit ATIP request online on their website. You are requesting notes on your application.
Congratulations! I told you that you should wait. Patience is always the key!

Did you send your application through fedex or canada post or any other service?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations! I told you that you should wait. Patience is always the key!

Did you send your application through fedex or canada post or any other service?
I sent it via Canada Post.

My eCas is still not activated though. I am not sure why. Can someone shed some light on it?

My application number starts with C0000XXXXX

I have tried using my client ID and Application number. Nothing works.

Only slightly happy. Still nervous.

BTW, the email reads as follows and it came from Client-update-mise-a-jour at cic.gc.ca

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: C0000XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

And the PDF attached displays the following :

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,
This is to acknowledge receipt of your aplication for Canadian Citzenship. Citzenship and Imigration Canada(CIC) wil review your aplication and suporting documents and wil contact you if aditonal information is required. When your aplication has ben reviewed and has met basic eligbilty, CIC wil invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or cermony, as aplicable.

To become aCanadian citzen, persons betwen 18 and 54 years of age must met language and knowledge
requirements:
• Abilty to cary on asimple conversation in either English or French.
• Abilty to pas a writen or oral test on Canada’s history, geography, go

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada
study guide.
• Ifyou are receivng this leter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at
• If you are receivng this leter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.
ww.ci.gc.a/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.
The pas mark for the citzenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 corect answers out of 20), therfore you are ncouraged to begin studying for the test as early as posible to ensure that you are able to met he knowledge requirement and to asist in the ficent procesing of your aplication.

Please vist our website (website) at for more information on how to prepare
for the test.

It is very important hat you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e, adres, email, and
telphone number). Please vist our website at for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Aplication procesing times;
3. Checking the staus of your aplication.
You may also cal the CIC Cal Centre tol-fre number at 1-88-242-10.

Thank you

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:

My eCas is still not activated though. I am not sure why. Can someone shed some light on it?

BTW, the email reads as follows and it came from Client-update-mise-a-jour at cic.gc.ca

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,
This is to acknowledge receipt of your aplication for Canadian Citzenship. Citzenship and Imigration Canada(CIC) wil review your aplication and suporting documents and wil contact you if aditonal information is required. When your aplication has ben reviewed and has met basic eligbilty, CIC wil invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or cermony, as aplicable.

To become aCanadian citzen, persons betwen 18 and 54 years of age must met language and knowledge
requirements:
• Abilty to pas a writen or oral test on Canada's history, geography, go

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada
study guide.
• Ifyou are receivng this leter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at
The pas mark for the citzenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 corect answers out of 20), therfore you are ncouraged to begin studying for the test as early as posible to ensure that you are able to met he knowledge requirement and to asist in the ficent procesing of your aplication.

for the test.

It is very important hat you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e, adres, email, and

Thank you
Hi desigirltoronto84,

Please help as how we can send the ATIP request to CIC . is it via their website or any particular email.
my application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and since then there is no response from CIC.

Please help

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

requirements:
• Abilty to pas a writen or oral test on Canada's history, geography, go

study guide.

for the test.

Thank you
Ecas activation takes few days after your receive AOR

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Hi desigirltoronto84,

Please help as how we can send the ATIP request to CIC . is it via their website or any particular email.
my application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and since then there is no response from CIC.

Please help

Thanks
Hi Gupta RK,

You can make the ATIP request here :

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Just be sure that you choose these for the following questions :

1) *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. Select Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
2) How would you prefer to receive the requested records? you choose "E-Mail" (it's faster)
3) You can either request information under Privacy act or Access to Information Act. Privacy Act is free. Under the Access to Information act you will have to pay $5. I chose the latter and paid.
4) Which type of records do you wish to request? Pick Case Files
5) What type of information would you like to request? Notes in Electronic File
6) Note that I attached scanned copy of the receipt and the PRC card. Also, explained them what I was looking for in the text box.

I hope this helps.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi Gupta RK,

You can make the ATIP request here :

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Just be sure that you choose these for the following questions :

1) *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. Select Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
2) How would you prefer to receive the requested records? you choose "E-Mail" (it's faster)
3) You can either request information under Privacy act or Access to Information Act. Privacy Act is free. Under the Access to Information act you will have to pay $5. I chose the latter and paid.
4) Which type of records do you wish to request? Pick Case Files
5) What type of information would you like to request? Notes in Electronic File
6) Note that I attached scanned copy of the receipt and the PRC card. Also, explained them what I was looking for in the text box.

I hope this helps.

Hi desigirltoronto84,

Thanks so much for your information. I am going to do it tomorrow morning.

Regards

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
No immi2011, ecas didn't mention about RQ. Also, there was no 4th line saying that my file had been transferred to the local office.
Did u also receive AOR and that study canada test guide by mail? I received it.

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Hello Friends

After more than a month of follow ups, today suddenly we got AOR for our Sep application. Checked eCAS but its still not updated yet. Guessing it will take some time before status gets updated. We are glad we decided to wait till Jan instead of sending a new application.

I am sure with new year, all others will find their case moving too. Just needs time. All the best everyone.

Any idea what's the next step?