September 2014 Citizenship Application

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you know all these stuff?
rayman_m said:
From Aug, 2014 became single point process where officer is the one who is giving decisions on the file eliminating CJ role. Since then RQ (short or full version) is mostly issued by Sydney office within 2-3 month of applying. Once file is transferred to local office and test is scheduled then there will very little possibilities to issue full RQ by local office officer (they may still issue shorter one asking specific documents to clear doubt on residency for certain applicant).

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: best new year gift ever :)

It seems like you people from GTA are having real good processing time. Congrats!

machan said:
I got my citizenship test letter today :) for jan 20 at 8:15 am at scarborough.....

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Want-to-be Canadians frustrated by citizenship processing delays"
The Star: DEC 30, 2014

www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/12/30/wanttobe_canadians_frustrated_by_citizenship_processing_delays

Check this Out!!

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014

smrit said:
It seems like you people from GTA are having real good processing time. Congrats!
Hi,

in your signature i can see your timelines, your file recently transferred to Calgary. how do you know that, did they mail you or email or just updated online. thanks

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It's been updated on ecas as a 4th line.

citizenshipapplicant said:
in your signature i can see your timelines, your file recently transferred to Calgary. how do you know that, did they mail you or email or just updated online. thanks

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications
24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications
36 months

Hi all,
as you can see I had a little too much time on my hand toady and found the following,
instead of the usual processing time to process all applications between 24-36 months, CIC updated their website on 23/12/2014 to show that within a year they have been processing applications from start to finish in only 2- 3 years.

My guess is, instead of updating new and correct processing time , they are choosing to keep mention of old times on website to deter callers... since immediately when you look at the website it still looks like the old processing times still apply... or maybe it was just a "Huge Typographical error"

Thoughts?
see link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats Machan. LondonOntario, any updates on your application? My RQ response was received by the local office yesterday.
no updates man. i am waiting for health records so i could mail them the response. I just hope that this gets looked at quickly and not a year later.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
no updates man. i am waiting for health records so i could mail them the response. I just hope that this gets looked at quickly and not a year later.
Well I sent the response without the Health records. I felt I was already giving sufficient documents to prove my residency. Will see if this becomes a problem for me. I don't know why they can't take our consent and pull the health records themselves (just like the CBSA part). By the time you realize that these records are needed, you don't have time left to respond. There is no guidance on what is meant by a particular document. When I read the "Other" section I thought only if you had visits to the doctor you will have those records. So, I attached my Cricket club membership and ISACA Toronto chapter membership. We have hardly been to the doctor except for annual check-ups. Only later, by reading posts in this forum, I learnt that by health records, they meant a letter of claims from the Ministry of Health and which takes 30 days. Too late by then. But how the hell was I supposed to know that? Anyways, finger crossed let's see if my documents look convincing to them otherwise I will order the required letter.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
Btw, do u know if your RQ mentioned a local CIC office although the envelope was postmarked by Sydney?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Btw, do u know if your RQ mentioned a local CIC office although the envelope was postmarked by Sydney?
RQ is issuing by Sydney and at the same time they send files to local office. Sydney lets local office to process the RQ and rest of the process.. It looks immediately when Sydney office started review your file and within few days time they issued RQ.

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
what rayman said above....

did u get the detailed RQ (form CIT-0171) or the short one, C-0582 something? I got 0171.

Are we going at the back of the RQ queue where people are waiting since 2012 or we'll have a new queue under the new system? Their new processing timelines show that by 2015/2016, the backlog will be wiped off.

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi garian4u,

Was there anything on Ecas which mentioned that an RQ was sent to you? Did you had the 4th line on your Ecas saying that your file has been transferred to the local office?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
what rayman said above....

did u get the detailed RQ (form CIT-0171) or the short one, C-0582 something? I got 0171.

Are we going at the back of the RQ queue where people are waiting since 2012 or we'll have a new queue under the new system? Their new processing timelines show that by 2015/2016, the backlog will be wiped off.
I got the detailed RQ just like you (CIT-0171). From what I have been reading from other forum threads, looks like we will have a new queue under the new system. But, you can't tell anything for sure. It all depends upon the Citizenship Officer assigned to your file. Even when the infamous 2012 backlog was going on, one of my friends who got a detailed RQ after the test, obtained citizenship within 6 months (end to end).