+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
HiCanadiano said:
Hello!

I am also Calgary applicant and haven't heard anything back from them. My application was received on Aug 14, 2014. I was at least assured that the application was received and entered into their system in October by ATIP report. If you want to check, you may order ATIP(GCMS) report. It will tell you when they recevied and entered the details of your application. The agents I have spoke to said that they cannot see if the application gets returend, which sound weird to me. Ordering the report will give you head up.
when u ordered atip record which option did u choose physical files/electronic records//??

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: best new year gift ever :)

machan said:
I got my citizenship test letter today :) for jan 20 at 8:15 am at scarborough.....

I wish everyone gets their happy news soon......happy new year everyone!!!!
Congrats :D
A question though did your ecas got updated? I wont have access to my mail for the next week so, i was wondering if your ecas is already updated :D
Thanks

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you Gorgonion :)

I am checking my e-cas everyday but there is no update on it...
I did not even think yesterday canada post would deliver mails!!
I wonder anyone else got letter for test as well who send their application on september?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:

I wonder anyone else got letter for test as well who send their application on september?
Did you call CIC in last month or so? what did they tell you? such as if your file was transferred to local office or still with Sydney? It looks agents even does not know many updates in CIC internal system..

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC only one time last month and I changed my address,
other than that i did not ask anything else about my file because i knew it was too early and did not even bother to ask...
my invitation letter dated on dec 29 and received dec 31 its very fast delivery i guess...
after a holiday season I was hoping my test date would be in feb or so.
it is really getting quick I believe you guys getting invitations soon too...
Only think my process would be quick because i did not travel a lot like other people and I have been working full time non-stop
in the same company last 3.5 years...did not apply any welfare of financial help...
i dont know some people says these are some positive factors or I am just got lucky....

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you got nice officer who 1st received your application in Sydney and he shifted your application for speedy process..

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also recomend people when they send application
if any stamps not in english in your passport ,translate it with certified translator and send with your application.
not just photocopy it because if its not in english they will request a translation %100 and it will take more time for your processing...
This was recommendation from a person who helped to me for application.
they dont say it on cic website,its says just send photocopies biographical pages.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:

Thanks and good luck for you test 8)
Maybe you ll get some updates next tuesday

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Machan. LondonOntario, any updates on your application? My RQ response was received by the local office yesterday.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats Machan. LondonOntario, any updates on your application? My RQ response was received by the local office yesterday.
Can you share what could be the reason you think CIC issued pre-test RQ?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Can you share what could be the reason you think CIC issued pre-test RQ?
I believe my twice a year month long trips to my native country could be a reason. Also, living and working in the US before mving to Canada could be another reason.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I believe my twice a year month long trips to my native country could be a reason. Also, living and working in the US before mving to Canada could be another reason.
From Aug, 2014 became single point process where officer is the one who is giving decisions on the file eliminating CJ role. Since then RQ (short or full version) is mostly issued by Sydney office within 2-3 month of applying. Once file is transferred to local office and test is scheduled then there will very little possibilities to issue full RQ by local office officer (they may still issue shorter one asking specific documents to clear doubt on residency for certain applicant).

In your case, I think it is most probably for living and working in US. In my case also have total 7 trips after became PR all to my home country family vacation and business total 140 days and hoping no RQ..

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
garian4u said:
they are also issuing rq to even people who have never left canada after getting pr..outside trip may not be the only reason..

report from star

Aric Zhang, a 30-year-old hydro engineer for Brookfield Renewable Power in Ottawa, is also caught up in the citizenship backlog. And he can’t figure out why, or what’s taking so long.

“It’s annoying,” he says. “I’ve lived here for the past 12 and a half years without leaving the country. I’ve lived here since I filed my application, and because their process is so un-transparent, I don’t know what went wrong. Everything they’ve asked for I’ve provided.”

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
sgimmy said:
they are also issuing rq to even people who have never left canada after getting pr..outside trip may not be the only reason..

report from star

Aric Zhang, a 30-year-old hydro engineer for Brookfield Renewable Power in Ottawa, is also caught up in the citizenship backlog. And he can't figure out why, or what's taking so long.

“It's annoying,” he says. “I've lived here for the past 12 and a half years without leaving the country. I've lived here since I filed my application, and because their process is so un-transparent, I don't know what went wrong. Everything they've asked for I've provided.”
The case mentioned here is an applicant during the time the audit took place and RQ was very popular - I heard numbers like up to 30% of applicants getting RQ those days. Starting Feb-Apr 2014 the number of RQ decreased significantly.

torontogirl83

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
Doc's Request.
17-07-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
With Application.
File Transfer...
Not transferred.
Med's Request
17-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
machan said:

Machan, what is your timeline? When did you submit your application?