+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Just FYI. I got acknowledgement through email

"This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/09/08.To become a Canadian citizen, persons aged 18 to 54 years must meet language and knowledge requirements:

• You must know enough English or French to carry on a simple conversation.
• You must know enough about Canada’s history, geography and government, and the rights and responsibilities of
citizenship to pass a written or oral test.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the study guide. The study guide
is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite you
to a knowledge test, interview or ceremony, if applicable. Please visit our Web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ciizenship/cit-test.asp for information to prepare for these events.

It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone
number). Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

You may also call the Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Citizenship Official"

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
:D hello everyone i got an email from cic today my aplication took 2 months for them to get thier hands on it Any one knows what fallows from here on?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
When you receive 1st AOR from CIC; what is online status of citizenship application ?
Is it IN Process ?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
When you receive 1st AOR from CIC; what is online status of citizenship application ?
Is it IN Process ?
There's only one AOR.. no 1st or 2nd :).. And usually yes, it's sent after being "In-process"

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!!! good news .... My e-cas activated today ;D
but I don't understand in the massage said:
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.
does that mean my application has been in process since long time?

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
Hi Gorgonion

My application status is also IN Process though I cant see status on line items: Received and In Process
Does the same happen with you as well ?
when I click on received : IT says they received payement with one application
and when I click In progress it shows this
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

I didn't received any letter or any book or whatever. Is that normal?
Should I call? :-\
Thanks

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gorgonion said:
when I click on received : IT says they received payement with one application
and when I click In progress it shows this
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

I didn't received any letter or any book or whatever. Is that normal?
Should I call? :-\
Thanks
For me, it's deferent, my application is in process and I hadn't received information about my application was received.
No you don't have to, it takes a time to receive a letter and the book even they mentioned.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ajay95 said:
Thanks Pompi
I checked online status today; it is In Process now

Application sent- 15 Sep 2014
Application received - 18 Sep 2014
In Process - 20 Nov 2014

Note – No information when you click on Received/In Process line items while checking online status
Same for me; just checked on-line and there are two entries under Citizenship Application:
One says Received and second In Process. Both are links, but nothing shows when click on any of them.
Anyway, sent my application Sept 28 as regular mail. This is my second application; first time applied in 2006 and denied.

Good luck to everyone.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Same for me; just checked on-line and there are two entries under Citizenship Application:
One says Received and second In Process. Both are links, but nothing shows when click on any of them.
Anyway, sent my application Sept 28 as regular mail. This is my second application; first time applied in 2006 and denied.

Good luck to everyone.
Do you mind sharing why you have been denied in 2006 ? and good luck on your new application

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Just a quick question for everyone who is able to see his e-cas status .

Which id # you are using for checking ? Client ID # or PR card # ?

I believe Client # is at the front side of PR card in the following format xxxx-xxxx ? and are using it with hyphen or without ?

PR card # is at the back of PR card ...right ?

Guys please confirm .

thanks

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
IRCANADA said:
Do you mind sharing why you have been denied in 2006 ? and good luck on your new application
I dont mind at all; already summarized on different thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-has-ever-attended-a-hearing-with-a-citizenship-judge-how-was-it-t183751.15.html

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Just a quick question for everyone who is able to see his e-cas status .

Which id # you are using for checking ? Client ID # or PR card # ?

I believe Client # is at the front side of PR card in the following format xxxx-xxxx ? and are using it with hyphen or without ?

PR card # is at the back of PR card ...right ?

Guys please confirm .

thanks
I use xxxxxxxx client ID number.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
Hi Guys,

Just FYI.
I hate so much that FYI ahah we use it so much in work emails and it always sounds like f*** you idiot haha :-X
Just for laughing

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
I just checked eCAS and was happy to see this update for the adult of the family application

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 25, 2014.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

Now, eCAS does not show an update for the minors or kids. Is this normal?