+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well well well ... My Ecas is now active and has been updated with the following info :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 2, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 12, 2014.

So even though I had a signature for the 29th of August from Mike Kachveda according to Purolator CIC claims it was the 2nd of September? I think thats just when they got around to opening it.
Oh well, either way it doesn't matter, what Matters is my application is in process and sent to local office.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
P.s Considering I applied at the end of august, I would have sworn I would also be under new routine with CXXXX file number.
Just shows we cant really study CIC or the formula they use.
interesting will see how it goes.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latitudeofgratitude said:
Well well well ... My Ecas is now active and has been updated with the following info :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 2, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 12, 2014.

So even though I had a signature for the 29th of August from Mike Kachveda according to Purolator CIC claims it was the 2nd of September? I think thats just when they got around to opening it.
Oh well, either way it doesn't matter, what Matters is my application is in process and sent to local office.
Congrats !

Look like we'll have more updates this coming week for september's applicants.

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Just checked my application status online where it says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 13, 2014.

Question though, if they have sent the letter and the book on September 19th, why didn't I received it? Am I expecting any mail from them?
Question 2: What are the next steps and rough timeline?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
pompi said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Question though, if they have sent the letter and the book on September 19th, why didn't I received it? Am I expecting any mail from them?

also, I have not received any email from them yet!!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:

1. They haven't sent the book on September 19th, they usually send it on the processing day.. So November 13th.. This is just probably some automated message that needs to be fixed.
2. If every thing goes smooth, test (3-5 months), and then oath (0-6 months).. If not, they might require an RQ, a "mini-RQ", or fingerprint request. In all cases, you application should be finished in less than a year.

alene

Sep 16, 2014
Sassy22 said:
hi all
application sent july 7th 2014
application recieved july 11th 2014
i can view my status on line "in process" october 2nd 2014
i was wondering how long is the wait before the test?, recieved booklet already
Hi there,
Did they inform you the day they received your application? Because I don't receive anything from them, I send it last sept.18, until now I don't have an idea if they receive my application.

alene

Sep 16, 2014
IRCANADA said:
Nothing as of today!!! :'(
Hi there how do you know that they received your application on the date you said they received your application? Because I send my application last sept.18 but until now I don't have an idea if they received my application or not

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
How did you receive the ECAS message? By email or checking online status by yourself?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:

Congrats =)

Q2:
In about 1 week the line 'received' will disappear from your ECAS, it means that they transferred you file to your local office.
Then it depend of this one, every office has a different average processing speed.
What is your location ?

ualiu said:
How did you receive the ECAS message? By email or checking online status by yourself?
He said he checked online ;-)

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alene said:
Hi there how do you know that they received your application on the date you said they received your application? Because I send my application last sept.18 but until now I don't have an idea if they received my application or not
Hello,
I have sent my application with Xpresspost and I've ask for a signature upon delivery. Thats how I know they have received it at that time.

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Hello, new to this board, all of my posts have been in the FSW. Landed in Canada 3.5 years ago and haven't left since ( I really enjoy shovelling snow :p )

My wife and I applied oct 30th 2014 - Super Excited!

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application received. i got email today :

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/09/24.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons aged 18 to 54 years must meet language and knowledge requirements:

• You must know enough English or French to carry on a simple conversation.

• You must know enough about Canada’s history, geography and government, and the rights and responsibilities of

citizenship to pass a written or oral test.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the study guide. The study guide

is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite you

to a knowledge test, interview or ceremony, if applicable. Please visit our Web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ciizenship/cit-test.asp for information to prepare for these events.

It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone

number). Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;

2. Application processing times;

3. Checking the status of your application.

You may also call the Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Citizenship Official

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Paco said:
Congrats =)

Q2:
In about 1 week the line 'received' will disappear from your ECAS, it means that they transferred you file to your local office.
Then it depend of this one, every office has a different average processing speed.
What is your location ?

He said he checked online ;-)
Thanks Paco for your input. Will you please update the spreadsheet with my dates. Sent on 17th Sept, Received on 19th Sept, online status updated with IP on 13th November.

I am from Mississauga location. I am surprised that I have not received any email or mail, just checked online myself.