+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
Thanks a lot. I had selected Case files.

*Which type of records do you wish to request?
I selected "Notes in elctronic file"

*File type?
I selected :"Immigration file: permanent residence"

*File number?
I am giving my AOR number

There's no such thing as an AOR number, the number in your AOR is the file number and yes, put that number in that field.

*Location?
I am not sure what to fill here. Ottawa or Sydney?

Ottawa, as that's the office where your file is located.

Am I correct with all the selections and also help me with location.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

Rest looks good.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
There's not a lot of MRs for August applicants these days. It's going to be a close call if we
end up getting MRs for September until the end of March.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
True. I have not seen any other August MRs after 12th August applicant. We might need to wait another month or so to have some news.

nvnikhil

Oct 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 30, 2013
AOR Received.
November 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 28, 2014
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2014
LANDED..........
April 30, 2014
nvnikhil said:
Hi Toby,

What is the benefit of doing the medicals upfront? My file was received on Sept 30 and received AOR on Nov 19.
What clinic locations in Toronto are conducting the MR's? Also what is other thing RFPF..not sure if i got it rite!

Enjoy the sunny day in TO ;)

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil

Can any one help me with the above query?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hi nikhil,
- upfront medical means you are doing the medical even before you receive medical request. People who do up front medical tend to become PR earlier than the rest (because there is no request for medicals, if you do upfront medical).

- go here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx) and find your preferred doctor, call them and find out if the doctor use eMedical or not, most doctors now use eMedical. It is faster process since they use internet to transfer information instead of paper file

-RPRF is the fee they ask you to pay, so that CIC can issue the PR visa and confirmation of residency.

Comanche

Sep 10, 2013
kunishsa said:
True. I have not seen any other August MRs after 12th August applicant. We might need to wait another month or so to have some news.

As per trackitt, an August 14th person & and an August 17th person have got their MRs.... :)

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Comanche said:
As per trackitt, an August 14th person & and an August 17th person have got their MRs.... :)
Oh...that's a good news....but the number of August medical requests are not so encouraging...we would be really lucky if some action starts for September applicants in 2 weeks

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
one more week left ;) ;)

jshziris

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
I have a question... wasn't able to google it out. I saw some people mention "cover letter" for Canadian immigration. Is it required for CEC applications? What's the benefit of it? Thanks you.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshziris said:
I have a question... wasn't able to google it out. I saw some people mention "cover letter" for Canadian immigration. Is it required for CEC applications? What's the benefit of it? Thanks you.
Cover Letter is kind of mandatory. One should write a letter addressing the immigration officer giving a brief idea about the application and documents and it also works as a very good opportunity to explain about any missing or pending document.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
ritz0106 said:
Cover Letter is kind of mandatory. One should write a letter addressing the immigration officer giving a brief idea about the application and documents and it also works as a very good opportunity to explain about any missing or pending document.
No cover letter is mandatory. If you want to write some, feel free to do that (everything you need to enclose is in the check list. The most important thing is your employment letter).

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ritz0106 said:
That's not correct. A cover letter is NOT mandatory, you may write a letter to the VO if you want to
point out things or explain something, but it's nothing you have to do.