+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

NAVGUY

Feb 21, 2013
Hi all,
Although this might be considered as spam here but I just wanted to share my landing experience with you.
I got my passport back in less than a weeks time. In fact, my passport spent more time with Canada Post than CIC.
I went to peace arch (Douglas crossing) and did flag polling. I parked my car behind the duty free shop (free parking) and walked towards the Canadian custom building. As I approached the Canadian custom building, an officer approached me and asked me where am I coming from. I told her that I am here for my landing process and she guiding me very well. At the US customs, every thing went smoothly except the fact that it took me 1 hour and 43 minutes to wait in the line. I don't advise anyone to go there on weekends as I did. Once US customs gave me the refusal letter (needed for flag polling), I came back to the Canadian side. It took me around 15 minutes to get every thing done here.
Now I am waiting for my PR card, which I think takes around 6 weeks to get mailed.

I have one question especially for iam_toby. I want to withdraw my CEC application that I filed with the rest of you in September 2012. I have gone through CIC'c website regarding this and it appears to me that I need to write a letter explaining the reason for withdrawal and sending the copy of receipt (application fee). I was under the impression that there will be a proper form to do this. Does anyone of you know more about this procedure of withdrawal.

Thanks and good luck.

NAVGUY

Feb 21, 2013
Sorry made a mistake in my previous post.
My CEC application was filed in September 2013 with the rest of you, not 2012.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NAVGUY said:
Hi all,
Although this might be considered as spam here but I just wanted to share my landing experience with you.
I got my passport back in less than a weeks time. In fact, my passport spent more time with Canada Post than CIC.
I went to peace arch (Douglas crossing) and did flag polling. I parked my car behind the duty free shop (free parking) and walked towards the Canadian custom building. As I approached the Canadian custom building, an officer approached me and asked me where am I coming from. I told her that I am here for my landing process and she guiding me very well. At the US customs, every thing went smoothly except the fact that it took me 1 hour and 43 minutes to wait in the line. I don't advise anyone to go there on weekends as I did. Once US customs gave me the refusal letter (needed for flag polling), I came back to the Canadian side. It took me around 15 minutes to get every thing done here.
Now I am waiting for my PR card, which I think takes around 6 weeks to get mailed.

I have one question especially for iam_toby. I want to withdraw my CEC application that I filed with the rest of you in September 2012. I have gone through CIC'c website regarding this and it appears to me that I need to write a letter explaining the reason for withdrawal and sending the copy of receipt (application fee). I was under the impression that there will be a proper form to do this. Does anyone of you know more about this procedure of withdrawal.

Thanks and good luck.
Yes, email CPC-O using the instructions I've provided on my website and tell them that you want to withdraw
the CEC application as your second application was successful.

NAVGUY

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks iam_toby
wow that's a very comprehensive website you got there. Sorry I had never visited it before but is a very good and centralized source of information.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NAVGUY said:
Thanks iam_toby
wow that's a very comprehensive website you got there. Sorry I had never visited it before but is a very good and centralized source of information.
You'll find the information you're looking for in that post:
> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iam_toby said:
Guys, looking at the current pace at which CIC speeds through applications - we can expect the first
MRs pretty pretty soon. June applicants' statuses have already been changed to Decision Made.
So June is as good as done, July applicants are already receiving MRs, hence there's only one month - August -
in between what's currently being processed and us :)
And one month worth of applications, if CIC keeps up the pace, could mean 2-3 weeks until we get MRs.
3 weeks :) thats fast....which make me think 8 weeks because I am one one month away from September. This
is a positive sign..I am thinking of ordering first set of GCMS around 1st week of april

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gladaki said:
3 weeks :) thats fast....which make me think 8 weeks because I am one one month away from September. This
is a positive sign..I am thinking of ordering first set of GCMS around 1st week of april
I'm only guessing here... totally tapping in the dark :) Just hope to get MR soon.
I'm traveling a lot this year so I want the PR process sorted out ASAP,
as I have to figure out when to complete my landing, when to get the PR card etc.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iam_toby said:
I'm only guessing here... totally tapping in the dark :) Just hope to get MR soon.
I'm traveling a lot this year so I want the PR process sorted out ASAP,
as I have to figure out when to complete my landing, when to get the PR card etc.
people have got MR in 6 months in past, when CIC is working fast..
I wont be surprise if you hear some thing by mid March. Past trends shows they try to finish as much as work before going on summer breaks.

Also I have a quick thought...How long before you booked for upfront medicals...I am thinking of getting medicals done on 31st March, physicians I am aware of in calgary are increasing rates from 1st April..from 180 to 225 ...and it doesnot include X-Rays / Radiology:...
I will able to save 90$ if I do it before...

Also Did any one went to Dr Grunberg in calgary before ? Do they do upfront medicals ?

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Wannabees,

Has anyone received any acknowledgement of RCMP certificate from CIC after sending it? Please share...

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ritz0106 said:
Hello Wannabees,

Has anyone received any acknowledgement of RCMP certificate from CIC after sending it? Please share...

Thanks
I was going to ask the same. I sent it last Wednesday and when I check the tracking it says a lady received it in CIC. That's it. My ECAS still reads as "application received".

So I would think that as long as I haven't received the certificate back I should be good. No answer from them.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried to send emails asking for acknowledgements but got the automated reply and nothing else, was just thinking if they could reply to July applicants to ignore the PCC mass mail they should reply to our queries as well, nevertheless we have the GSMS option to explore.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
ECAS does not change for RCMPs. You have 'force email' them or check in GCMS notes.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamroth said:
ECAS does not change for RCMPs. You have 'force email' them or check in GCMS notes.
did not get any reply to my force emails.

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 28, 2013
AOR Received.
November 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
November 15, 2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi iam_toby,

I was wondering which is the correct email address to contact CIC. I just want to send them an updated reference letter. Could you please help.

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
It seems like nowadays they actually respond to emails when you send additional
documents. At least to my emails. I end every email, when I send additional documents
with "Please acknowledge the receipt via email" and in two out of two emails they did respond.