September 2013 Applications

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bforrester21 said:
I have a question for y'all.

My CEC Visa is valid until May 30th 2015. Is it possible to enter Canada before then, activate it and then leave for a year before going back to live there permanently? Only, I want to get a little more experience in my current job before settling there for good. But, I don't want to risk losing the Visa....

Cheers!
Sorry I really did not understand what "there" means....But I am assuming outside somewhere in Canada

Yes - You can land here, leave Canada and come back as long as your PR is valid. (I may be wrong but is usually for 5 yrs initially).

One of my friend - he landed, left the country and came back after 1.5 years to Canada

Only problem you will face is - Your residence will not count towards citizenship unless you physically live in Canada

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi All

Do any one of you have any idea about the time taken to process the inclusion of spouse in the application?

I had my medicals done in April but as I got married in Feb 14 and declared the same - I had to include my spouse in the application too. She didn't have a valid passport which she received only in July 2014. I couriered the documents related to my spouse 2 weeks back and yet to receive the request for her medicals. Can any one of you please enlighten if her medicals and background check will take as long as that of mine ie the primary applicant?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Pinaki

arvs18

Nov 26, 2013
Vishal007 said:
Guys...I have a news..not a good one though...the quota for this year is already over and now they CIC will drag the process to next year. I am also sailing in the same boat and seems the boat will take 4+ months to reach the bank :-(

Just check cic web site
Total app received toward the over all
Cap 2486/ 8000

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Vishal007 said:
Guys...I have a news..not a good one though...the quota for this year is already over and now they CIC will drag the process to next year. I am also sailing in the same boat and seems the boat will take 4+ months to reach the bank :-(
visla please explain ? I do not understand . So It means that they are going to start process our application again next year? And the 13 months limit that we have it is going over? I am already without a job for 4 months so I must wait another 4 months? Please explain someone if you really know.

bforrester21

Mar 26, 2012
MBACanada said:
Sorry I really did not understand what "there" means....But I am assuming outside somewhere in Canada

Yes - You can land here, leave Canada and come back as long as your PR is valid. (I may be wrong but is usually for 5 yrs initially).

One of my friend - he landed, left the country and came back after 1.5 years to Canada

Only problem you will face is - Your residence will not count towards citizenship unless you physically live in Canada
Thanks, mate. Cheers for the response.

I'm going to land in Canada, activate my PR and then come back to London for one final year before moving to Vancouver for good.
They send out a PR Card when you activate the CEC visa, is that correct? If so, does this need to be sent to an address in Canada? Or do they give the PR card to you when you cross the border there and then?

Cheers!

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
krom2424 said:
visla please explain ? I do not understand . So It means that they are going to start process our application again next year? And the 13 months limit that we have it is going over? I am already without a job for 4 months so I must wait another 4 months? Please explain someone if you really know.
I understand your situation and so as of others (including me) but this is a bitter pill for us to swallow.

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Vishal007 said:
I understand your situation and so as of others (including me) but this is a bitter pill for us to swallow.
can you please explain where to hear that? Because we are still so many in that situation and we worried. ( including your self). In 2 months the 13 months that we have expire. I don't think that they are going to put on hold all our applications without a notice!

butang2013

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
They should follow the 13 month processing period and I don't think pending applications will again restart from the very beginning.

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
butang2013 said:
They should follow the 13 month processing period and I don't think pending applications will again restart from the very beginning.
1) The benchmark for CIC is to complete 80% application within 13 months.
2) They will not start processing from the very beginning. They will just delay the applications or will complete all other checks.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

Where does this CAP came from for 2013 applicants? The official CIC websites says different. Please don't discuss any "Gossips" or "Rumours" here unless there is a solid proof (or) reference exists. I just looked at the below CIC official link and the details mentioned were different.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

I am still very positive that it is only the matter of time before we all receive our PRs. For most of us (perhaps for all of us), almost everything (Medicals, RPRF etc) is done except the "Official" request from CIC to submit "Passports". It would be really panic to see the statements of CAP or something at this point of time.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi All

Where does this CAP came from for 2013 applicants? The official CIC websites says different. Please don't discuss any "Gossips" or "Rumours" here unless there is a solid proof (or) reference exists. I just looked at the below CIC official link and the details mentioned were different.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

I am still very positive that it is only the matter of time before we all receive our PRs. For most of us (perhaps for all of us), almost everything (Medicals, RPRF etc) is done except the "Official" request from CIC to submit "Passports". It would be really panic to see the statements of CAP or something at this point of time.

Cheers,
Kunishsa
Let's stay positive this is what I could say. I will be more than happy to have my PR and I also hope what I heard is just a rumor.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Vishal007 said:
Let's stay positive this is what I could say. I will be more than happy to have my PR and I also hope what I heard is just a rumor.
You just heard :eek: , ? Why you are reluctant to tell what is the source of info you shared ?

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Vishal007 said:
share with us from where you heard that rumours ? We are all in the same boat.

fenil

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
krom2424 said:
share with us from where you heard that rumours ? We are all in the same boat.
Lot of rumours(bol bacchan)
One of my friend is in alberta..he has visa and copr.he went to Montana boarder for lending.officer told my friend I can not help you with your lending I do not have your data in our system because we are upgrading our system now..

I guess that's why people are not getting PPR.