+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Did my landing today from Lewiston, Newyork. Took only about 10 mins and the process was smooth.

Thank you all for the help and guidance.

Comanche

Sep 10, 2013
@canvan14, Nope, no documents other than passport and copr were asked for. In fact i asked the officer if my workpermit was required and he said no. But better take it with you. The officer said the pr cards would take 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully the 3 month wait will come down to 2 soon.

UK-CEC-Applicant

Star Member
Mar 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London- England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2013
Doc's Request.
04-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi guys,

I have sent my passport, now waiting for the visa. As I live abroad, I might not be able to land until summer. Do you guys know how long the visa is valid for?

Thanks

canvan14

May 8, 2014
UK-CEC-Applicant said:
Hi guys,

I have sent my passport, now waiting for the visa. As I live abroad, I might not be able to land until summer. Do you guys know how long the visa is valid for?

Thanks
As far as I know the visa will be valid until your medical exam expired. Depending on when you took your exam I'll say maximum one year since all medical exam expire after one year.

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
My ECAS changed to "Completed"

4. You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on June 1, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident. :p

Good luck to everyone!

canvan14

May 8, 2014
dominicanx said:
My ECAS changed to "Completed"

4. You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on June 1, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident. :p

Good luck to everyone!
So it takes about 8 days for your ecas status got updated. Congrats :)

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
I don't know... I didn't check my ECAS status during last week, so can't really tell...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cecsept5 said:
Hi Toby/ Roth,

I just fininshed my landing today at Kingsgate BC.

The officer at the Canada border it seemed did not know what the process was so he asked his colleague who atleast I felt know a bit of the process.

Just a few questions if either of you could please help me.

1. They strike off my PR(immigrant) visa stamp in my passport. Is this normal?

Yes. Your visa becomes invalid when you land as a permanent resident.

2. They did not strike off my work visa stamp, they also gave back my work permit, but does it mean that work visa/permit is no longer valid?

Yes, visa and work permit are invalid.

3. They did not tell me about applying for new sin card or healthcare card? Do I have to apply for new sin card and healthcare card, my current sin and healthcare card are valid till jan 2015. I live and work in BC. Can i wait till Jan to apply for new cards?

Yes, you have to apply for a new SIN number and I would also update your health care provider with your
new status in Canada.

4. He said the PR card will come by 6-8 weeks from Nova Scotia. does it come from Nova Scotia I thought it comes from ottawa?

No idea where it comes from, but it will take a couple months to arrive.

Thank you for your help. :) :)

When has your CPR been issued??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
cecsept5 said:
Also, just 2 more.......

1. They did not tell anything about my rights as PR. Did they tell any of you during the landing? anything to know?

Yes, they usually do. But you can also google the rights and responsibilities of a permanent resident in Canada.
Or I can google it for you: >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

2. Canadian officers gave me back the flagpole document and said they dont need it anymore and I can keep it, is this normal?

Frame it and hang it on a wall if you want. Or trash it, you don't need to keep it.

thank you again........ :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
UK-CEC-Applicant said:
Hi guys,

Thanks
One year from the day your completed the medicals, or if your passport expires earlier than that, it will be valid until your passport expires.

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
Hi Toby,
I completed medicals on May 21st, and my ECAS status has only changed to medicals received today.
What would you say is an average wait time for passport request after submitting medicals?

Thanks,

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Ceclina said:
Hi Toby,
I completed medicals on May 21st, and my ECAS status has only changed to medicals received today.
What would you say is an average wait time for passport request after submitting medicals?

Thanks,
Hey,

it can be anywhere from a couple of days to weeks. Hope for you that you get it rather sooner than later!
Hang in there.