+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
atuls1317 said:
hey Every one,
Good News. I came down to check my mailbox on my way to the office and got the envelope that include COPR and VISA from CEC :D

I wanna go home now but the office is damn busy but the time isn't going :/

All the Best to everyone.. I will get back to share my landing experience :D
Thanks for all your support ;) cheers
Congrats!! When has the CPR been issued??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sg33 said:
Thanks good to know, so does it mean that even after my landing my WP and Visa is valid??
No, you visa will become invalid and your work permit will be kept at the border when you
complete the landing.

zenith9 said:
congrats, yes you can
That answer is way too general! There's three scenarios you have to consider:

#1 Yes, you can travel between Canada and the US and cross at any land border in a private vehicle
without issues.

#2 Yes, you can fly out and back to Canada with the CPR if you are from a visa exempt country.

#3 No, you can not fly back to Canada with the CPR if you are from a non-visa exempt country as the
carrier you travel with might ask for a visa and you, without the PR card, don't have one. The CPR
is not valid for travel.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
iam_toby said:
That answer is way too general! There's three scenarios you have to consider:

#1 Yes, you can travel between Canada and the US and cross at any land border in a private vehicle
without issues.

#2 Yes, you can fly out and back to Canada with the CPR if you are from a visa exempt country.

#3 No, you can not fly back to Canada with the CPR if you are from a non-visa exempt country as the
carrier you travel with might ask for a visa and you, without the PR card, don't have one. The CPR
is not valid for travel.
THanks Toby, Canada it is for the summers then.

bforrester21

Mar 26, 2012
Hi Guys,

I just posted this question in the October thread but thought one of you may know the answer.

I have had my status changed to: 'Decision Made' but am yet to receive my PPR.

Is this normal? Anyone else in the same situation?

Cheers
Ben

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
bforrester21 said:
Hi Guys,

I just posted this question in the October thread but thought one of you may know the answer.

I have had my status changed to: 'Decision Made' but am yet to receive my PPR.

Is this normal? Anyone else in the same situation?

Cheers
Ben
I think its normal ... it happened to my friends before .. sometimes Ecas is updated before the VO sends out the request ... I hope its a positive thing .. just wait few more weeks then if you didnt get anything email them ...

atleast there was an update on ur file which you should be happy about :) ... Good luck!

cecsept5

Mar 27, 2014
Hi Toby/ Roth,

I just fininshed my landing today at Kingsgate BC.

The officer at the Canada border it seemed did not know what the process was so he asked his colleague who atleast I felt know a bit of the process.

Just a few questions if either of you could please help me.

1. They strike off my PR(immigrant) visa stamp in my passport. Is this normal?
2. They did not strike off my work visa stamp, they also gave back my work permit, but does it mean that work visa/permit is no longer valid?
3. They did not tell me about applying for new sin card or healthcare card? Do I have to apply for new sin card and healthcare card, my current sin and healthcare card are valid till jan 2015. I live and work in BC. Can i wait till Jan to apply for new cards?
4. He said the PR card will come by 6-8 weeks from Nova Scotia. does it come from Nova Scotia I thought it comes from ottawa?

Thank you for your help. :) :)

cecsept5

Mar 27, 2014
Also, just 2 more.......

1. They did not tell anything about my rights as PR. Did they tell any of you during the landing? anything to know?

2. Canadian officers gave me back the flagpole document and said they dont need it anymore and I can keep it, is this normal?

thank you again........ :)

Comanche

Sep 10, 2013
Hi all,

I completed my landing today at rainbow bridge. The visa officers were all very nice but it was very busy and i had to wait for abt 3 hrs!!

ashishdz

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Hello everybody,
I have send my passport for stamping last week. well, i have a question, can i leave country once i get my passport back without landing? As i am planning to visit my family. is it necessary to be landed before I fly out of Canada? Reply would be appreciated.

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
ashishdz said:
Hello everybody,
I have send my passport for stamping last week. well, i have a question, can i leave country once i get my passport back without landing? As i am planning to visit my family. is it necessary to be landed before I fly out of Canada? Reply would be appreciated.
Yes. In that case, you should complete landing formalities while coming back to canada.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Toby,
Completed medicals on 23rd of May. CIC asked for an additional test for my wife, completed that on the 30th. waiting for status to change on CIC website.

will send out the additional documents requested by CIC this week, waiting to get all the PC's and then will send all together.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
ashishdz said:
Hello everybody,
You can go out of Canada without landing. Then you can land at Pearson International airport when you return from home.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Comanche said:
Hi all,

I completed my landing today at rainbow bridge. The visa officers were all very nice but it was very busy and i had to wait for abt 3 hrs!!
Congrats, the journey finally ended well :) (aside from the 3 months waiting for PR card now)
Did they ask you for additional documents beside COPR and your passport? Did they take all your work permits as well?

rimplek

Nov 19, 2013
Hi Toby ,
Thanx a lot for making this category. i followed this category religiously.i got my p.r. Thanx Iamroth for helping me.
Thank you
Rimple