+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
RaquelGenio said:
Ahahha The discussion of "Who is Toby?" would have to eventually come up in this forum.

My theory is that Toby is a retired Visa Officer :D (And now Toby is killing himself laughing at this :D )
I believe "Toby" spent many years working with immigration and now he can't just throw all his knowledge away knowing that there are so many people out there that need this help. A simple reply from "Toby" is a light from the skies! It's always so accurate and full of confidence. And that makes the whole difference when we feel so lost and overwhelmed with our PR application.

Toby, please laugh at this and accept my lunatic state of mind... Whoever goes through a PR process tend to be very paranoid and imaginative :)

I don't really care who Toby is and why he does this. What I know is that it's AMAZING and we all appreciate it. (those who don't, it's simple as this: Do it by yourself and mind your own choices!)

Thanks "Toby".
Well yes, this gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for brightening up my day and shortening
the crazy long wait for the MR ::)
I am who I pretend to be, Toby.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Pakistan_lm could most likely be the Immigration consultant who had to shut down his business due to this forum and website :) He is now trying to show his anger here for the downfall of his business :) For me, it makes sense and its a good idea too. At least he will have the happiness end of day after throwing out all his anger. I am really happy for Pakistan_lm :)

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
kunishsa said:
Hey All

Who is this Pakistam_lm and why he is on Toby? What wrong Toby has done? Definitely there is something wrong with this guy Pakistan_lm. These are the people who make the guys with helping nature to go hibernate and keep silent. Who would be interested in taking the blame from someone even after putting lot of effort, time and of course money in helping others (all for free)? Does this guy atleast know how much these comments hurts?

Go and get some life Pakistan_lm.

Cheers,
Kunishsa
If you read Pakistan_lm's history of threads they are very aggressive and troll like - I think just ignore as he doesn't have anything constructive to add to this forum. I was accused of sponging from the govt and how people 'like me' could apply for CEC.
There are a lot of people here adding a lot of value to this forum and for the past year I have learned a lot from them.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
lpc19800 said:
If you read Pakistan_lm's history of threads they are very aggressive and troll like - I think just ignore as he doesn't have anything constructive to add to this forum. I was accused of sponging from the govt and how people 'like me' could apply for CEC.
There are a lot of people here adding a lot of value to this forum and for the past year I have learned a lot from them.
Thanks for pointing out. I read the classics from Pakistan_lm. I realized that my IQ levels are very low compared to those posts, so I would better ignore all of them from now on :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Let's just ignore and forget about Pakistan_IM. Whoever he might be, or whatever may be the cause for his hatred.
It's fine by me.

On a different note, I'm more concerned about the amount of MRs we received, or haven't received, in the past couple of days.
So far it's been only one MR today.
We're still awaiting MRs for jclu, newapply and Ceclina, Natata, sep2013 should get the MR today or tomorrow.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
iam_toby said:
Let's just ignore and forget about Pakistan_IM. Whoever he might be, or whatever may be the cause for his hatred.
It's fine by me.

On a different note, I'm more concerned about the amount of MRs we received, or haven't received, in the past couple of days.
So far it's been only one MR today.
We're still awaiting MRs for jclu, newapply and Ceclina, Natata, sep2013 should get the MR today or tomorrow.
True. I was hoping to get my MR this week. Looks like I may get it only next week and this coming weekend is going to be wasted without any fun or joy.

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 28, 2013
AOR Received.
November 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
November 15, 2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Finally!!!

It's our turn now. Toby, can you please update my timeline on the spreadsheet.

Application Filed: September 28, 2013
Application Recvd: October 3, 2013
AOR Received: November 15, 2013

Thanks for your help.

Toronto_Mapleleaf

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
True. I was hoping to get my MR this week. Looks like I may get it only next week and this coming weekend is going to be wasted without any fun or joy.
Yes, we should get the MRs for applications up to September 13th or so by the end of next week. We started to get MRs last weekend, so in
case CIC keeps up the pace we should get half way through September applications by Saturday this week already.

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
iam_toby said:
Yes, we should get the MRs for applications up to September 13th or so by the end of next week. We started to get MRs last weekend, so in
case CIC keeps up the pace we should get half way through September applications by Saturday this week already.
Fingers crossed

mathie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tick tock the clock is ticking and Im nervous as hell....kunishsa hope we get our MRs this week or next as this is my 2nd application. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
iam_toby said:
Welcome back, mofan. If your wife gives birth in Canada, then your child is Canadian. You can email CIC and inform them about the child,
and send them the birth certificate when you get it. Shouldn't cause any problems or complications as the child is born Canadian.

A chest x-ray, as required by CIC, is as per thorough online research and posts from other members, not harmful to neither your wife or your child.
>> https://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q10300.html

You can also talk to the clinic about performing the chest xray.
Just adding to this.
I went to my family doctor as I am pregnant. I happened to get my MR near the end of my first trimester - I waited until the beginning of my second trimester and had the x-ray. I'm now in my final trimester and the baby is doing super well. My family doctor gave me a letter with her approval of an x-ray. I also took along research papers from the US and the Canadian medical associations showing the amount of radiation involved is considerably less than say a flight from Toronto to Vancouver (There is radiation all around us it turns out). The clinic was fine but I did ring ahead and talk to them about it - some clinics wanted my family dr's letter and others didn't.
To echo Toby, I really would recommend doing research around this rather than delaying straight away.

darinvg

Aug 19, 2011
Congrats to the Sept MR people!

As a US citizen, what are the steps after MR? I've seen some mention of finger prints but we did that for our WP. Seems to easy for MR to be all we need.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
darinvg said:
Congrats to the Sept MR people!

As a US citizen, what are the steps after MR? I've seen some mention of finger prints but we did that for our WP. Seems to easy for MR to be all we need.
CIC would've already requested RCMP fingerprints by now. After MR, CIC will mail the CoPR to your mailing address.
That's all. As a US citizen you won't get the PPR as you're visa exempt.

Also, if you haven't paid the RPRF yet, you will get the RPRF request a couple of days after receiving the MR.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
iam_toby said:
CIC would've already requested RCMP fingerprints by now. After MR, CIC will mail the CoPR to your mailing address.
That's all. As a US citizen you won't get the PPR as you're visa exempt.

Also, if you haven't paid the RPRF yet, you will get the RPRF request a couple of days after receiving the MR.
Hi Toby, I sent you a pm with the info you wanted for the spreadsheet. Do you know what the time is from when they get our MR to when we get the coPR? My work permit expires in October, and I thought that if things move quickly enough I might be able to avoid doing the BOWP (I'm VISA exempt too).

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tropicflite said:
Hi Toby, I sent you a pm with the info you wanted for the spreadsheet. Do you know what the time is from when they get our MR to when we get the coPR? My work permit expires in October, and if things move quickly enough I might be able to avoid doing the BOWP.
Thanks, I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow morning.
You should get your application approved before October for sure. However, I would simply wait. If you don't get the
application approved by beginning of September, you can still apply for the BOWP then. That saves you the application fee now,
and who knows, maybe you don't even need the BOWP.
I expect our applications to be approved 1-2 months from now.