+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I applied for TRV yesterday after receiving BOWP in the mail. Received an email from CIC yesterday immediately after applying. Just now I received another email saying my application is updated. When log in to myCIC I didn't see any changes. Looks like TRV also progresses similar to BOWP. Can any one who has already received TRV let me know how long it took you to get the TRV. Thanks

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Hi guys, I need some advice...
I submitted the application with my wife last September. However, my wife got pregnant 2 months ago. I don't think it is a good idea for her to proceed X-ray in medical exam. Therefore, I am excited and also anxious when the medical exam is approaching now. This pregnancy is not planned, otherwise we should have done the up-front medical before it.

I know I should write to CIC to inform them such situation. Should I do it right now or after I receive the medical request? What stuff do I need to provide for my future baby. Anything else that I should be careful about?

I think we will do all exams except X-ray for my wife, which could be done after delivery. Seems it is the only choice for us although it will significantly delay our application processing.
Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Hugh... Cant believe other people are doing such a destructive
Comments here, lets focus and help each other guys. Remember
We have the same goal here.
Stop the Malicious comments, or dont comment at all.

Kudos toby!

Chill 8)

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felix14 said:
Hugh... Cant believe other people are doing such a destructive
Comments here, lets focus and help each other guys. Remember
We have the same goal here.
Stop the Malicious comments, or dont comment at all.

Kudos toby!

Chill 8)
Forget it...filth has been wiped out...ideal move Tob.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
I applied for TRV yesterday after receiving BOWP in the mail. Received an email from CIC yesterday immediately after applying. Just now I received another email saying my application is updated. When log in to myCIC I didn't see any changes. Looks like TRV also progresses similar to BOWP. Can any one who has already received TRV let me know how long it took you to get the TRV. Thanks
Yes, the same glitch seems to be happening for TRV applications as well. Hang in there and give it a couple of days.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Yes, the same glitch seems to be happening for TRV applications as well. Hang in there and give it a couple of days.
Takes a week...

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hey All

Who is this Pakistam_lm and why he is on Toby? What wrong Toby has done? Definitely there is something wrong with this guy Pakistan_lm. These are the people who make the guys with helping nature to go hibernate and keep silent. Who would be interested in taking the blame from someone even after putting lot of effort, time and of course money in helping others (all for free)? Does this guy atleast know how much these comments hurts?

Go and get some life Pakistan_lm.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mofan said:
I submitted the application with my wife last September. However, my wife got pregnant 2 months ago. I don't think it is a good idea for her to proceed X-ray in medical exam. Therefore, I am excited and also anxious when the medical exam is approaching now. This pregnancy is not planned, otherwise we should have done the up-front medical before it.

I know I should write to CIC to inform them such situation. Should I do it right now or after I receive the medical request? What stuff do I need to provide for my future baby. Anything else that I should be careful about?

I think we will do all exams except X-ray for my wife, which could be done after delivery. Seems it is the only choice for us although it will significantly delay our application processing.

Welcome back, mofan. If your wife gives birth in Canada, then your child is Canadian. You can email CIC and inform them about the child,
and send them the birth certificate when you get it. Shouldn't cause any problems or complications as the child is born Canadian.

A chest x-ray, as required by CIC, is as per thorough online research and posts from other members, not harmful to neither your wife or your child.
>> https://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q10300.html

You can also talk to the clinic about performing the chest xray.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
mofan said:

Hi Mofan

I know my colleague who had gone through the same situation like you. He applied for his PR in Feb, 2012 and got his medical requests on October, 2012. His wife was pregnant by then and the family doctor was not ready to suggest the X-ray for immigration purposes. He did his wife's medicals in January 2013 after the Kid was born and he got his PR by March, 2013.

Since you will have 60 days to perform medicals after you were formally requested for MR from CIC, it is better to inform them about your case sooner than later. However the radiation levels are very low for a chest x-ray compared to the other radiation exposures that we dealt with our day to day life. If you are fine to take the chances, you may go ahead with your upfront medicals.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

RaquelGenio

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Request
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-08-2014
Interview........
RPRF received 28-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt (Ecas change to DM Dec 9th)
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
Ahahha The discussion of "Who is Toby?" would have to eventually come up in this forum.

My theory is that Toby is a retired Visa Officer :D (And now Toby is killing himself laughing at this :D )
I believe "Toby" spent many years working with immigration and now he can't just throw all his knowledge away knowing that there are so many people out there that need this help. A simple reply from "Toby" is a light from the skies! It's always so accurate and full of confidence. And that makes the whole difference when we feel so lost and overwhelmed with our PR application.

Toby, please laugh at this and accept my lunatic state of mind... Whoever goes through a PR process tend to be very paranoid and imaginative :)

I don't really care who Toby is and why he does this. What I know is that it's AMAZING and we all appreciate it. (those who don't, it's simple as this: Do it by yourself and mind your own choices!)

Thanks "Toby".

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
Hi Toronto2013

It took me less than 10 days for the entire processing of my TRV. I had applied for TRV on 2nd week of December and got the passport request with in 6 days. However I had to deal with postal delays due to the electricity black out during Xmas last year.

It will not take more than 2 weeks in any case, including your passport request and to get it back.

Cheers,
Kunishsa