+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
Current status of PR renewal, sitting in "Decision Made" status.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2018.
No pressing need for the card, but still feel better having it. Nothing to worry about right now I assume?
My timeline is exactly the same as yours. The website says they’re processing applications received on Jan 22. So hopefully we’ll hear from them soon.

BEY

Mar 6, 2018
got renewed Pr cards on the 30 of april and received on the 2nd of May after waiting almost 12 month .was under second review.
thank you all .

Coolcat01

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for the update Scarborough guy.
Coolcat01, I called 1-888-242-2100 to inquire about my citizenship application, but I also got an update about the PR card application at the same time. I got the same answer as other people, that, in my case, the application should be complete and the PR card mailed by My 12th (based on 100 days processing time, and no guarantees of course). This was a week ago or so, I don't remember the specific options I selected from the menu. If your call is not put in the queue, try calling again (and again, and again). In my case, when I finally made it, the wait time was about 30 minutes.
Thank you very much.

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
My timeline is exactly the same as yours. The website says they’re processing applications received on Jan 22. So hopefully we’ll hear from them soon.
when I called call center, he said if the process is over and above 100 days ( mentioned in website ), the call center can remind Sydney office.

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
when I called call center, he said if the process is over and above 100 days ( mentioned in website ), the call center can remind Sydney office.
Now the website says they are working on applications received on Jan 25 which is when they received mine. And now the processing time says 104 days!! Let’s see. Hoping to hear from them this week.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
It is so frustrating that every time they update the processing time, they add more days! It was around 80 days when I applied. They have added 25 days since then. It feels like they are never going to get to my application at this pace...

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
It is so frustrating that every time they update the processing time, they add more days! It was around 80 days when I applied. They have added 25 days since then. It feels like they are never going to get to my application at this pace...
Same in my case. When I applied, it was 77 days. Now 104 days.

Reactions: ichv

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
I know this just ridiculous i just got off the phone with them and saying from the time they received mine which was feb 14 if processing time takes 104 days phts me up to my 29 for them to make the card. You should call and see because why hasnt yours been made today would make it 104 days and yet the site says working on applications from jan 25. I understand your frustration im suppose to fly out june 6 in morning

Reactions: ichv

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
I know this just ridiculous i just got off the phone with them and saying from the time they received mine which was feb 14 if processing time takes 104 days phts me up to my 29 for them to make the card. You should call and see because why hasnt yours been made today would make it 104 days and yet the site says working on applications from jan 25. I understand your frustration im suppose to fly out june 6 in morning
Sry MAY 29***

albontarian

May 5, 2018
The most annoying thing in all this is that processing times can change at any time and that means those dates they give on the phone mean nothing. Honestly, it's ridiculous and it's the uncertainty that kills you. I would't even mind if they told me my card would take an extra 20 days at this point so long as I KNEW that's when I am going to get it for sure.

Having said that I received my AOR one week earlier than my parents did, relative to their application timeline (77 days to AOR for them, Jan. 22 to April 9 vs. 70 days to AOR for me Feb. 21 to May 2), so here's hoping that means something and there were fewer applications and February will move at a faster pace. Fingers crossed all will work out. But all this counting days and checking websites constantly to still have no assurances is unacceptable imo.

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
The most annoying thing in all this is that processing times can change at any time and that means those dates they give on the phone mean nothing. Honestly, it's ridiculous and it's the uncertainty that kills you. I would't even mind if they told me my card would take an extra 20 days at this point so long as I KNEW that's when I am going to get it for sure.

Having said that I received my AOR one week earlier than my parents did, relative to their application timeline (77 days to AOR for them, Jan. 22 to April 9 vs. 70 days to AOR for me Feb. 21 to May 2), so here's hoping that means something and there were fewer applications and February will move at a faster pace. Fingers crossed all will work out. But all this counting days and checking websites constantly to still have no assurances is unacceptable imo.
Oh i know i feel you on that like Gosh just tell us a damn day wth is fingers crossed like we have lives and money on the line like timing is everything and when we applied months in advance and we still on stand by like this takes away from a vacation cause this shit is not exciting! Arrggg and i dont know why it keeps going up like geeze hire more ppl something to solve the problem many of us have bot to mention wait times to even speak to a representative is just absurd!

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
Oh i know i feel you on that like Gosh just tell us a damn day wth is fingers crossed like we have lives and money on the line like timing is everything and when we applied months in advance and we still on stand by like this takes away from a vacation cause this shit is not exciting! Arrggg and i dont know why it keeps going up like geeze hire more ppl something to solve the problem many of us have bot to mention wait times to even speak to a representative is just absurd!
I had my ticket booked on April 20th last month to fly to India. I knew I won’t receive my card by then. That’s the reason I applied for Permanent resident travel document as soon as I landed in India and I received it in 10days. It’s valid for 2 years. It’s extremely frustrating. I should’ve heard from them by now because they received my application on the 25th of Jan

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
I had my ticket booked on April 20th last month to fly to India. I knew I won’t receive my card by then. That’s the reason I applied for Permanent resident travel document as soon as I landed in India and I received it in 10days. It’s valid for 2 years. It’s extremely frustrating. I should’ve heard from them by now because they received my application on the 25th of Jan
Have you alled them id be calling every min like thats past the processing times puts you at 114 days today! And it should at least say card was mailed???

albontarian

May 5, 2018
Great, so that means they haven't done anything since May 6 at least. I don't get what stops them. But the PRTD is the other part of this bullshit. It is relatively quick to get so why not send us one automatically for the period the card is in process, sort of like you get a temporary driver's license or health card when it's time to renew? And even if they don't want to do that, why can't we apply for that from Canada? It makes zero sense.

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
Yeah im going to the bahamas(speaking it into existence) on June 6 and they told me get a prtd at the Canada embassy there ok but then the closest Canada embassy for The Bahamas is in Jamaica like how does that help me and then i called jamaica to ask them what i could do they wanted me to send my passport so they could stamp the prtd into it and then send it back which takes approx 14days there and 14 days back....its ridiculous!!! Like why cant we just use or landing papers to get on the flight home geeze
Great, so that means they haven't done anything since May 6 at least. I don't get what stops them. But the PRTD is the other part of this bullshit. It is relatively quick to get so why not send us one automatically for the period the card is in process, sort of like you get a temporary driver's license or health card when it's time to renew? And even if they don't want to do that, why can't we apply for that from Canada? It makes zero sense.
ping