+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separated from wife but no divorce. CIC asked for divorce certificate. What should I do?

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
Yes, I got my PPR 20 days ago. It took around 4 months from the AOR. Please refer to other posts on this topic.
Congrats mate but I read that u got ur divorce decree while pr was in process which I think made ur application to get it faster. Any idea if anyone got ppr with an affidavit and LoE only?

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
From what I hear, CIC handles applications on case by case basis. So, we can't say for sure.

But as far as I tried to gather information on Legal separation (as I am also in the same condition), some said Court acknowledgement and Affidavit is enough and some have experienced CIC asking them for Divorce decree.

What are the documents that you had already submitted? And what is your CRS score?
I have submitted Court acknowledgement and Affidavit. My score is 445. I have filed my divorce case in Indian court and it’s still pending.
Just wanted to know how much time will cic usually takes for such situations?

Have you got ur ppr after submitting the docs? Please suggest.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
I have submitted Court acknowledgement and Affidavit. My score is 445. I have filed my divorce case in Indian court and it’s still pending.

I have not gone that far. As you can see in my signature, I just have received the ITA. Because of this issue, I hired an Immigration consultant. Not even an Indian firm, but a Canadian firm. Yes.. I have to pay a boat load of money.. But I do not want to take any chance. :(

So far, they tell me that my Court acknowledgement and Affidavit is sufficient. I really hope CIC will not ask for anything more.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
I have not gone that far. As you can see in my signature, I just have received the ITA. Because of this issue, I hired an Immigration consultant. Not even an Indian firm, but a Canadian firm. Yes.. I have to pay a boat load of money.. But I do not want to take any chance. :(

So far, they tell me that my Court acknowledgement and Affidavit is sufficient. I really hope CIC will not ask for anything more.
don't waste any more money on "consultants". Most of them know nothing more than what you can yourself find on the web. Beyond an affidavit and court acknowledgement, there's nothing you can provide anyway until your divorce is finalized.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014

No one knows how long CIC will take for any particular case. Anyone who tells your otherwise is making shit up.

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
don't waste any more money on "consultants". Most of them know nothing more than what you can yourself find on the web. Beyond an affidavit and court acknowledgement, there's nothing you can provide anyway until your divorce is finalized.
So just with an affidavit and court acknowledgement submission does anyone got the ppr?

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
So just with an affidavit and court acknowledgement submission does anyone got the ppr?
The question isn't if anyone else received a PPR with those two documents or not, the question is - is there anything else you can possibly submit with the help of an expensive consultant? I'd say no. Just submit those two and wait for instructions from the CIC. Anything else is likely money and effort wasted.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hello,
I would just like to know if you include your spouse in your application before you get a divorce. I just recently got my divorce certificate and uploaded it immediately to cse webform to exclude my ex spouse in my application. Im just a bit worried right now because i included my ex spouse in my application under non-accompanying dependent and its been 13months now from the time they received my application and still waiting for my medical request.
Did you end up getting a PPR?

Souhaila

Apr 26, 2018
Hi, i am also separated and living in another country with 2 kids. My husband is not cooperating and i am afraid i will miss my deadline for submitting my pr application without his health and police report.. What do i do?

Sandwich

May 8, 2018
You did the right think. Additionally, you can raise a CSE and submit an affidavit that your spouse is uncooperative w.r.t pcc and medicals etc. and you understand that you'll never be able to sponsor her to immigrate to Canada. Together, the divorce filing and affidavit should be fine.
Please what is the meaning of this CSE? I have the same case, I need help please.

Skyknight19

May 8, 2018
Hi,

My wife is legally separated from her spouse but she only has the court order and not the divorce certificate. I am asked to upload her divorce certificate in my application. Is it ok to upload just the court order??

Newfee

May 15, 2018
You did the right think. Additionally, you can raise a CSE and submit an affidavit that your spouse is uncooperative w.r.t pcc and medicals etc. and you understand that you'll never be able to sponsor her to immigrate to Canada. Together, the divorce filing and affidavit should be fine.
Did any body get his PR approved using that affidavit, or the CIC will wait till Divorce is finalized?