+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separated from wife but no divorce. CIC asked for divorce certificate. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by jonnclk22, Nov 26, 2017.

  1. yeah, that'd work. It might just delay things a little but what else can you do really. All the best.
  2. John,

    2 questions:

    1) It's the same whether you have created the case in Canada or any other country. Right? I have filed my case in India.
    2) When you say it will delay my application little bit, how long are we talking about? 1 or 2 months?

    Many Thanks.
  3. 1. Yes. CIC treats everyone fairly. there are country specific concerns at times w.r.t security but family courts wouldn't likely be one of them.
    2. No one can tell you anything about timeline other than the CIC. Each case has it's own intricacies. They do complete 80% of all cases within 6 months period and spousal separation during processing is fairly common.
  4. Thanks John!
  5. H

    I have got similar mail from CIC asking me divorce certificate although I have mentioned as "legally separated" in my application. I have already given them all the documents and the affidavit also. Not sure what else should I provide them for such email ?

    Did anyone got the PPR after submitting the affidavit only ? Please help.
  6. Hi

    Did you got your PPR ? How long it took for you after submitting the documents ? I dont have the divorce certificate as it's still in process. What should I do in this case.

    Please help.
  7. Hello,
    I would just like to know if you include your spouse in your application before you get a divorce. I just recently got my divorce certificate and uploaded it immediately to cse webform to exclude my ex spouse in my application. Im just a bit worried right now because i included my ex spouse in my application under non-accompanying dependent and its been 13months now from the time they received my application and still waiting for my medical request.
  8. Hi,
    In my case before i got my divorce certificate i just provided them the affidavit of divorce that it is on process and whatever documents that i have during that time such as the affidavit of service and the judgment letter from the court i immediately uploaded it to case specific webform to update cic regarding the status. So all you have to do right now is just update them from time to time till you got your divorce certificate. Hope that helps.
  9. I have given them all the documents but I don’t have the divorce certificate. Will they issue me Ppr or I have to wait till I get my divorce certificate from the court? Please suggest.
  10. As far as i know cic will wait for your divorve certificate.
  11. My divorce is pending in Indian court and it takes more than a year to get it sorted and get the divorce certificate. Will cic wait for one year to give me ppr? My medicals will expire then if it takes more than one year.
  12. From what I hear, CIC handles applications on case by case basis. So, we can't say for sure.

    But as far as I tried to gather information on Legal separation (as I am also in the same condition), some said Court acknowledgement and Affidavit is enough and some have experienced CIC asking them for Divorce decree.

    What are the documents that you had already submitted? And what is your CRS score?
  13. I did submit the same documents but as I haven’t got my divorce decree so didn’t submit it. In india, the process is longer than usual and I am bit worried that I won’t be able to submit the divorce decree till the case gets resolved.
  14. Yes, I got my PPR 20 days ago. It took around 4 months from the AOR. Please refer to other posts on this topic.
  15. Doesn't matter. Just submit a affidavit describing your situation in detail.

Share This Page