+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

canadacani

Jul 12, 2022
Just received COPR on the application portal.
That's great news! Congratulations. Hope you get your passport back soon.

They seemed to have picked the remaining lot up. I haven't received any update yet. But in lieu of these welcome updates, I'm inclined towards not cancelling my trip and wait it out for another week. Fingers crossed.

canadacani

Jul 12, 2022
I received the approval in the portal but the document is only valid till Sep 15. Is this normal ? I thought you got a year to exercise the landing ?
I am currently in USA and it would be very difficult to travel on such a short notice.
You might want to crosscheck this. But it's an year from your medical exam result afaik.

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
You might want to crosscheck this. But it's an year from your medical exam result afaik.
I never got a remed, so medical has been passed for well over 18 months now.
* final decision July 13, 2022
  • December 15, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
  • September 17, 2021 Your background check was completed.

canadacani

Jul 12, 2022
My passport was received on June 18th and still awaiting any kind of update. Honestly, looking at experiences like this and news like this, I feel we have a long wait ahead. Brace yourselves.

Canada began issuing 10yr passports in 2012. Their renewals, along with people planning summer vacations after 2 year Covid hiatus. Outages don't help either. Talk about being in the wrong queue at the wrong time.

Obviously, I am super-worried! Staying as a non-immigrant in the USA without a passport is precarious.

Please share if anyone has any good update/news. I'm on the verge of cancelling my upcoming travel plans (for 07/28).

Update:

I checked ircc account this Friday. My application showed as 'Approved' and counterfoil info has been generated with a T number and an expiry date.

PP Return tracking has not been activated as of now. Will keep providing updating timeline below.

PPR email: 12th June

Passport sent: 15th June

Passport received at Ottawa: 18th June

No email/pdf. Checked IRCC portal. Application updated as 'Approved' and counterfoil info generated.: 15th July

Electronic version of COPR: ??????? TBD ????????

Passport return tracking activated: ??????? TBD ????????

Passport( + printed COPR? ) delivered back to me: ??????? TBD ????????

Dann07

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I received the approval in the portal but the document is only valid till Sep 15. Is this normal ? I thought you got a year to exercise the landing ?
I am currently in USA and it would be very difficult to travel on such a short notice.
The document validity will depend on your medical expiration date.

Dann07

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi everyone, they received my passport on jun 27th so I never received any update but my return tracking package being activated today. Anyone get an idea please?

canadacani

Jul 12, 2022
Hi everyone, they received my passport on jun 27th so I never received any update but my return tracking package being activated today. Anyone get an idea please?
Not uncommon I believe. I remember reading one such experience here. You can expect an approval soon.

Congrats, you seem to be receiving passport sooner than most.

Chatty07

Jul 19, 2022
My timeline so far:
PPR email - June 23rd
Sent to Ottawa: July 5th
Received at Ottawa: July 6th

No updates since then. Anyone who sent their passports to Ottawa in July ?

Dann07

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Here's my timeline:
PPR email on Jun 15
sent on Jun 23rd (ups overnight shipping) from USA to Ottawa
Received on Jun 24th
Return tracking activated on July 18th
Receive my package (CoPR and PP) today on July 19th.

canadacani

Jul 12, 2022
Update:

I checked ircc account this Friday. My application showed as 'Approved' and counterfoil info has been generated with a T number and an expiry date.

PP Return tracking has not been activated as of now. Will keep providing updating timeline below.

No email/pdf. Checked IRCC portal. Application updated as 'Approved' and counterfoil info generated.: 15th July

Electronic version of COPR: ??????? TBD ????????

Passport return tracking activated: ??????? TBD ????????

Passport( + printed COPR? ) delivered back to me: ??????? TBD ????????

This thread served me really well. Especially this post with detailed shipping instructions.

Received my Passport and COPR back today. Just in time before my planned trip. Pheww.

Timeline below.

----------------
Update (7/22):
----------------

Passport return tracking activated: Odd, but this never activated.

Passport( + printed COPR? ) delivered back to me: 22nd July