+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

cooldudeusa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hey, thanks folks!

Yes, I got the photographs clicked from a local photographer who had experience in clicking photos for Canada PR specifically over the years. They were quite confident and I've sent the new photos to IRCC. Fingers crossed now!
How did you sent your photos this time? I mean again via FedEx, the way you sent your passport and all other documents earlier or you used some cheaper option this time? If via FedEx, then which address you used this time. Also have you recieved your passport back now?

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
How did you sent your photos this time? I mean again via FedEx, the way you sent your passport and all other documents earlier or you used some cheaper option this time? If via FedEx, then which address you used this time. Also have you recieved your passport back now?
- I used FedEx for sending photos for the second time as well. I used the same FedEx delivery option as I had used earlier (fastest and generally the most expensive one).
- The letter that had asked for photos had mentioned the address as well, so I used that address (i.e., 365 Laurier Av. West Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1).
- Yes, I received my passport a couple of weeks after having sent the new photos.

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Guys I need a major help here. I sent my Passport and documents on Aug 2 2021 through Fedex. My documents was received on Aug 3 2021. But was checking again my return label online. I did a huge mistake of not checking the return label properly at the time of sending. Although I checked the main component which is the delivery address. So deliver address which is mine address that is correct no issues there. But From section has a small mistake. So the address should have been 365 Laurier Av. West, Ottawa, ON - K1A 1L1. But maybe while creating the label maybe because of Autofill in place of Ottawa my city name is occurring. So basically in From section the address is 365 Laurier Av. West, (My City), ON - K1A 1L1. Although I know we used "Use an already scheduled pickup" that means they regularly send and must have a place from where all the packages Fedex would be picking up. But can this create an issue. I talked to Fedex and they said that this should not be an issue but I guess on the call they were completely focused on the Delivery Address. What can I do here should I contact CPC-Ottawa with the details and send them a new return label? Please advise as soon as possible.

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Guys I need a major help here. I sent my Passport and documents on Aug 2 2021 through Fedex. My documents was received on Aug 3 2021. But was checking again my return label online. I did a huge mistake of not checking the return label properly at the time of sending. Although I checked the main component which is the delivery address. So deliver address which is mine address that is correct no issues there. But From section has a small mistake. So the address should have been 365 Laurier Av. West, Ottawa, ON - K1A 1L1. But maybe while creating the label maybe because of Autofill in place of Ottawa my city name is occurring. So basically in From section the address is 365 Laurier Av. West, (My City), ON - K1A 1L1. Although I know we used "Use an already scheduled pickup" that means they regularly send and must have a place from where all the packages Fedex would be picking up. But can this create an issue. I talked to Fedex and they said that this should not be an issue but I guess on the call they were completely focused on the Delivery Address. What can I do here should I contact CPC-Ottawa with the details and send them a new return label? Please advise as soon as possible.
just replying to this if anyone in the future have any issues like this. I have received COPR and the small mistake was corrected by CPC-Ottawa themselves after I sent them the email.

Reactions: allencc1989

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
just replying to this if anyone in the future have any issues like this. I have received COPR and the small mistake was corrected by CPC-Ottawa themselves after I sent them the email.
Hi
what did you select in customs tab while creating return label in fedex?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,
I was wondering in total, how many weeks does it take to return the passport sent to CIC in Ottawa from the U.S?
I had to send mine again as the dimensions were not correct, although I did tell the CVS guy of the dimensions. I later took them in Walgreens and they have a template option for Canada with the 50 x 70 mm requirement. After sending them by FEDEX to corrections dept, I did not hear anything and that is over 6 days now. Do you think that is a good sign of accepting these photos as they replied for the first incorrect photo dimensions in only 3 days to inform me that they were not correct and that I had to send new ones. Thanks.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I think the overall response rate is very slow and I heard back from them 1 month after sending my query via webform. So hang in there, they are replying to the queries submitted via webform, but quite slowly.

There are many people who had sent the passports during the same time frame (me included) who haven't heard back, so things are slow overall and I think (and hope) that you'll hear back soon as well. I did not receive my passports back, but I did get an email saying that new photos are required, meaning that they are at least processing the application. So you should also hear back from them very soon.
Hi, I was wondering after you sent your photos, did you get any email saying their are okay? I resent mine to the corrections dept (address was given to me in the CIC e-mail). I did not hear from them for the past 6 days. The last time when the photos were incorrect they replied to me in 3 days after receiving the photos. As such do you think that the second batch photos are fine since I did not hear from them up to this date? I got them done at Walgreens which have a 50 X 70 mm Canada template.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Hello,
Did anyone recently sent passport to CPCO - PR Visa [365, Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa ON]? How long does it take for them to stamp and return the passport back to the states right now?
Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sidruuu

Mar 2, 2021
Hello,
Did anyone recently sent passport to CPCO - PR Visa [365, Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa ON]? How long does it take for them to stamp and return the passport back to the states right now?

Thanks
Timeline of a guy i know:

sent on 4th Jan 22
Reached 7th Jan 22
Stamped 19th Jan 22
Started back 27th Jan 22
Delivered 31st Jan 22

When did you send? I sent mine of 1st Feb 22 and was delivered on 2nd Feb 22.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
It takes on average from 2 to 3 weeks. You will know the passport is sent back when you get a sent trigger from fedex, ups or whatever company you are using. Good luck.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Timeline of a guy i know:

sent on 4th Jan 22
Reached 7th Jan 22
Stamped 19th Jan 22
Started back 27th Jan 22
Delivered 31st Jan 22

When did you send? I sent mine of 1st Feb 22 and was delivered on 2nd Feb 22.
Ohh!! Thank you!!
I haven't sent it yet, I got my PPR just today and wanted to know the timelines because I had some travel plans in week of Feb 13. So I was wondering if I can get it back by then. But from this timeline it doesn't look like it & I might have to cancel my plans.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Ohh!! Thank you!!
I haven't sent it yet, I got my PPR just today and wanted to know the timelines because I had some travel plans in week of Feb 13. So I was wondering if I can get it back by then. But from this timeline it doesn't look like it & I might have to cancel my plans.
I don’t understand how everything can be done for that person in one day!!!! I have never seen anyone before send his passport, have it stamped the same day and then delivered the next day!!! You mentioned from the US and mine took around 2 weeks. Where did he send it from? I am doubting such a time frame!

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
I don’t understand how everything can be done for that person in one day!!!! I have never seen anyone before send his passport, have it stamped the same day and then delivered the next day!!! You mentioned from the US and mine took around 2 weeks. Where did he send it from? I am doubting such a time frame!
The guy's timeline he gave looks like it took a month. 4 Jan to 31 Jan. Pretty reasonable.

And when he said that he sent on 1st & delivered on 2nd - he is referring to delivered to Ottawa the next day. Which is possible in priority mail by air.