+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
I actually rece

I had only recently sent the document using Fedex based on information I received in this forum. But it did not get delivered and was returned. Fedex tracing department says that they don't deliver to PO Box. So I suggest you send it via USPS.
This is interesting. They never asked for my passport and just send me a letter with T* (CoPR) number asking me to travel using the latter. The letter also have two years validity. I thought for those in USA, they are not asking us to send the passport for PR visa.

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
We are all in the same boat till now.... Nothing else till date after Fedex delivery. My passport was delivered 21 December and nothing since. I called IRCC twice already the last time was this Wednesday, the agent said due to covid and the holiday's things are slow. I should just wait and be PATIENT. so nothing yet from my end.
Are they confirmed Ottawa being lock down due to the covid so they can’t print visa?

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
This is interesting. They never asked for my passport and just send me a letter with T* (CoPR) number asking me to travel using the latter. The letter also have two years validity. I thought for those in USA, they are not asking us to send the passport for PR visa.
If don’t have visa stamp, how can you enter Canada? Copr letter without sign does not equivalent to Pr card...

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
We are all in the same boat till now.... Nothing else till date after Fedex delivery. My passport was delivered 21 December and nothing since. I called IRCC twice already the last time was this Wednesday, the agent said due to covid and the holiday's things are slow. I should just wait and be PATIENT. so nothing yet from my end.
@hopefulnewbie : Ah, okay. Yeah, right, seems like nothing much we can do now. When you called IRCC, did they at least confirm the receipt of your passport though? Which IRCC number did you call btw?

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
@hopefulnewbie : Ah, okay. Yeah, right, seems like nothing much we can do now. When you called IRCC, did they at least confirm the receipt of your passport though? Which IRCC number did you call btw?
That is the problem, the agent on the phone said they have a lot of mails they've not open, "so if your courier said they delivered it to the address then it should be there, it's just a matter of time. wait and be patient" :(

I called +1 888 242 2100

imi2canada

Dec 10, 2020
Hey @imi2canada @hopefulnewbie @guruguru1989 - Any updates on either of your cases?

1. Did you already receive the passports back? Or Did your return label get activated and do you know if the passport has been sent back?
2. Once FedEx showed it delivered, did you get any confirmation from IRCC acknowledging the receipt of the passport?
My passport were returned by Fedex as they could not deliver it. I have sent emails to IRCC about new address to send passport but have not received any response. I am scared to send it back till they acknowledge.

imi2canada

Dec 10, 2020
This is very interesting. you received CoPR direclty.. Another person here got request letter to send passports to 365 laurier avenue. While I received request to send passports to PO Box number. Not sure what is going on.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
My passport were returned by Fedex as they could not deliver it. I have sent emails to IRCC about new address to send passport but have not received any response. I am scared to send it back till they acknowledge.
I see. In my case, FedEx called and themselves advised that instead of delivering to P.O box address, the correct address is the Laurier Ave one. They then changed the label locally and re-routed the package there. Ultimately, it was delivered to the Stevenage address as I mentioned above. I suppose you can mail it to the Laurier address if you don't want to wait for their reply indefinitely. Some folks have sent it directly there and it was signed and received.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
@imi2canada : Did you hear back from the IRCC? I had sent them a number of emails before finally sending my passport to the PO box address (which eventually got delivered to a different street address by FedEx). IRCC finally replied today. Quoting them below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note that it is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to have your passports delivered to the address set out in the passport request letter. Please note that you must follow the instructions provided in the passport request letter and find a mail or courier service who can deliver to the stipulated address.

Please be advised that our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, in short, not much helpful. They did not reply anything about FedEx/UPS denying to deliver to the PO box. They simply said that it is not their responsibility to find out how to deliver to the given address.

Now I am quite scared as I have no idea where my passport is. FedEx says it has been delivered to "2303 STEVENAGE OTTAWA, ON K1G5B3" and I see signed by someone named "J Egan". But that's all I have so far. I don't know if it got routed to the correct IRCC address or not.

But on the other hand, I don't know what better option do we have anyway? If IRCC won't advise sending to an alternative address and if FedEx/UPS won't deliver to the PO box, then the only option seems to send it to the street address others have been asked to sent lately.

Did you hear back anything from IRCC? If not, do you know anyone who got out of this issue? What are you planning to do?

imi2canada

Dec 10, 2020
@imi2canada : Did you hear back from the IRCC? I had sent them a number of emails before finally sending my passport to the PO box address (which eventually got delivered to a different street address by FedEx). IRCC finally replied today. Quoting them below:

Please note that it is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to have your passports delivered to the address set out in the passport request letter. Please note that you must follow the instructions provided in the passport request letter and find a mail or courier service who can deliver to the stipulated address.

Please be advised that our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail.

So basically, in short, not much helpful. They did not reply anything about FedEx/UPS denying to deliver to the PO box. They simply said that it is not their responsibility to find out how to deliver to the given address.

Now I am quite scared as I have no idea where my passport is. FedEx says it has been delivered to "2303 STEVENAGE OTTAWA, ON K1G5B3" and I see signed by someone named "J Egan". But that's all I have so far. I don't know if it got routed to the correct IRCC address or not.

But on the other hand, I don't know what better option do we have anyway? If IRCC won't advise sending to an alternative address and if FedEx/UPS won't deliver to the PO box, then the only option seems to send it to the street address others have been asked to sent lately.

Did you hear back anything from IRCC? If not, do you know anyone who got out of this issue? What are you planning to do?
I did not hear back from IRCC. Did you receive your passports back?

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
I didn't hear back from them until today. I just got an email from IRCC a few minutes ago that the photos I had sent to them are not good and I need to send new photos. The good thing is that it indirectly confirms that the passport was delivered at the correct address and the bad thing is that now I need to get new photos clicked and send to them within 7 days.

Does anyone know a better option than Walgreens in U.S for getting photos clicked? I had gotten clicked at Walgreens and it clearly did not work. Please suggest any better alternative you might be aware of where people got photos clicked and got accepted.

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I didn't hear back from them until today. I just got an email from IRCC a few minutes ago that the photos I had sent to them are not good and I need to send new photos. The good thing is that it indirectly confirms that the passport was delivered at the correct address and the bad thing is that now I need to get new photos clicked and send to them within 7 days.

Does anyone know a better option than Walgreens in U.S for getting photos clicked? I had gotten clicked at Walgreens and it clearly did not work. Please suggest any better alternative you might be aware of where people got photos clicked and got accepted.
Search for professional passport photos... many good alternatives ..

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020

It is interesting why they keep rejecting Walgreens even after they used a machine in their store which follows the specifications!! Just search for a professional photographer in your area and show them the instruction letter.

Reactions: Mani_1

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

Hey,

I got from walgreen and CVS both had issues with specifications. Search a local photographer who does passport photo. Show the instructions they do a wonderful job and get it attested