+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
Thank @deepakpunia .. I did check with the bank.. they too denied the need of it... but SBI is refusing to process the same.. I will be going to another bank.. if need be open a new bank account and transfer then... Dont know.. this is the only place I am stuck now.. :(
hey... Did you get this transit or routing code ?
Yesterday Sbi also asks me yo get transit code to send gic.

iamjomy786

May 13, 2019
Hello,

There is a Remittance Information(Field 70) where the instruction is to enter value as SSGP.

I am paying the GIC from India and can't find where to write it on the Form A2

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello,

There is a Remittance Information(Field 70) where the instruction is to enter value as SSGP.

I am paying the GIC from India and can't find where to write it on the Form A2
Your bank should be able to guide you on this. Ask the branch manager, they will know for sure as they do a lot of transactions daily, they should be able to tell you. Every bank has it spelled out differently so it’s difficult to say without seeing. The most important thing is your name and address that should match as per your passport. Also make sure your deliver the exact amount they asked, this means all additional expenses is to be borne by you.

remyakavil

May 3, 2019
Hi

I have got the offer letter from Matrix College, Quebec. I have taken the GIC account.2 times I have funded the account. but, 2times bank rejected the fund, the reason is invalid SSGP. I don't know what is SSGP. Please guide me.

Arun2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi

I have got the offer letter from Matrix College, Quebec. I have taken the GIC account.2 times I have funded the account. but, 2times bank rejected the fund, the reason is invalid SSGP. I don't know what is SSGP. Please guide me.
Have you applied from India through Scotiabank?

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hi

You should talk to the branch manager about filling SSGP field. Maybe try a different bank this time since your current bank is making mistakes. I did mind through Yes Bank and it went through straight. I ensured all the details provided are filled in correctly. So check before you send.

anurag1994

Dec 10, 2017
Hi Guys,
My address on passport is :
Plot no 64, Rd No 2,BDL Coly,Bagyalatha hospital,Bagyalatha,Vanasthalipuram,Hyderabad,Telangana,India-500070

But my bank has sent the following address during wire transfer to Scotia bank GIC:
PLOT NO 64 ROAD NO 2 BDL COLONY
VANASTHALIPURAM HYDERABAD RANGAREDDY HYDERABAD - 500070

As you can see that both addresses don't match 100% but 80-90%.
Will it be problem for GIC in Scotia Bank or during Visa ?

gj1382

Dec 30, 2017
Dear all,

I read one of your messages that you had successfully done GIC payment through HDFC Bank.

Can you please guide me what details to exactly fill in the A2 Form given by the HDFC Bank

Instructions Given in the Secured Email from SCOTIABANK

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter the student’s first and last name [note: Enter exactly as stated in Passport].
Address: Enter the home address of the student as stated in the application.
Account Number: Enter the 15-digit Scotiabank Investment account number (provided above).

Remittance Information (Field 70)
Enter the value “SSGP”.

A2 - Form Fields of HDFC Bank : I have query for

Beneficiary Bank & Branch -
Beneficiary Bank's SWIFT Code -
Branch & Transit Code -

Intermediary Bank & Branch -
Intermediary Bank's SWIFT Code -

Additional Instructions to the beneficiary, if any -

Whether Under LRS (Yes/No) -
Purpose Code (@) -
Purpose Description -

Your prompt reply would be highly appreciated

Thanks in Advance,

amarjeet25

Feb 21, 2020
after submitting the gic through SBI how many days it will take to deduct the money from my bank account? can anyone please assist me.

Dhanushrd

Mar 21, 2020
My wire transfer was sent back saying Beneficiary name and address does not match. My agent told me that Ezix Cash can help me with the wire transfer. Can they help? Or I need to change my account details in my Indian Bank