+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Vanjaklc

Oct 26, 2017
Here is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-federal-self-employed-persons-quebec-selected-self-employed-persons.html
You have to include every document on a checklist. And even if it doesn't concern you, you have to print it, write N/A and include in the application.
Hi Bro,
I will be applying in the same category as well. If you don't mind and if it is not a hassle for you, can you please share the list of documents you sent with your application?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: aizaz.ali

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Guys I need your opinion on the topic of registering a business in Canada as a non-resident.

My relative is in BC, and I can form a general partnership with my relative. Based on the general partnership I can make a business plan. I have to do it eventually, once I get the visa.

Opinion appreciated.

Thanks

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Guys I need your opinion on the topic of registering a business in Canada as a non-resident.

My relative is in BC, and I can form a general partnership with my relative. Based on the general partnership I can make a business plan. I have to do it eventually, once I get the visa.

Opinion appreciated.

Thanks
I'm guessing this isn't the right thread to ask about this.
This discussion is about the Self-employed immigration program.
Basically, self employed people working in the arts or sports (and previously also farming) trying to get a permanent resident visa.

I really wouldn't know anything about registering a business there.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
I'm guessing this isn't the right thread to ask about this.
This discussion is about the Self-employed immigration program.
Basically, self employed people working in the arts or sports (and previously also farming) trying to get a permanent resident visa.

I really wouldn't know anything about registering a business there.
Hey,
Thanks for your response. TBH I am in UK working as a self-employed person. A self-employed person can operate under registered business with multiple share holders as well in UK.

So, that is why I thought the post will be relevant here.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
A. In IMM 5784e - Checklist
There is no mention of "Medical Certificate" being required but it is mentioned here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/apply.html.

I am assuming, based on this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-4500-applying-permanent-residence-business-class-applicants-self-employed.html

that I should get the medical exam done and send the original report with the documents.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

B. Do the copies ( such as birth certificate, education proof or work experience etc ) required in IMM5784e have to be verified (attested)?

Thanks in advances fellas.

Last edited:

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
I still wonder if this is the time till landing or till the medical request.
"How are processing times calculated?
We calculate processing times from the day we receive an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

When estimating how long you will wait to receive a temporary visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of transit or delivery time on top of our processing time. The time your application will spend travelling to and from IRCC will vary depending on where you live."

Source: Top questions about processing times.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
We calculate processing times from the day we receive an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

When estimating how long you will wait to receive a temporary visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of transit or delivery time on top of our processing time. The time your application will spend travelling to and from IRCC will vary depending on where you live."

Thats great news its degrading .i have a question concerning the account amount we have now. i mean it can be changed by the time they ask for proof as i know they dont ask for proof now right.? and how much i should put in my net worth ? please guys help

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Thats great news its degrading .i have a question concerning the account amount we have now. i mean it can be changed by the time they ask for proof as i know they dont ask for proof now right.? and how much i should put in my net worth ? please guys help
In Schedule 6A, in Personal Net Worth Section, include all the bank accounts and balances you want to be used to calculate your network.

Same for Real Estate and Business.

The form is very straightforward.

If there is anything in the form which is unclear, please do share.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
ok what about
In Schedule 6A, in Personal Net Worth Section, include all the bank accounts and balances you want to be used to calculate your network.

ok what about the total funds available for settlement in canada i mean i have a house and a fitness club and im not going to sell theme
i will take my money with me 20000 dollars what u think ?

jiujiu

Mar 28, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
22-03-2017

I read that that, but what does that "made decision" means exactly? Like when the officer either reject or ask for medical? We started the application 16 months ego and the last update was 6 months ego, no update since then. Actually in the CIC website the last note is for March 2017 .

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I read that that, but what does that "made decision" means exactly? Like when the officer either reject or ask for medical? We started the application 16 months ego and the last update was 6 months ego, no update since then. Actually in the CIC website the last note is for March 2017 .
what about the total funds available for settlement in canada how much did u put please?