Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
I sent my application in December 2016.
It was linked to the online system in March 2017.

No news since then.
Fingers crossed here.

Reactions: aizaz.ali

Eos

Sep 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
28-02-2017

No news since then.
Fingers crossed here.
Same is my case . Applied Oct 2016 . Application number received in Feb 2017 , after that I attached it on;line and till now continuously same Under Process.

Reactions: epatricio

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

No news since then.
Fingers crossed here.
please help im trying to fill the scheduele6a application but in the part of the bank deposits(fixed term deposits) icant write anything or even put n/a because i have an account with money in it but not as a fixed term deposit

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
26month processing time.
It's not that simple.
First, this is an average.

Secondly, as far as I know, processing times can vary greatly depending on each case and the country one is applying from.
CIC website used to show* the estimate average times per country. Not anymore. What is showing on the website now is a GLOBAL average, but differences persist because of different sized backlogs per country.

For example, when I applied in December 2016, the processing time was longer than 90 months. That doesn't mean that all applications took that long.
The government is trying to make things faster and more efficient by both making use of the online system and by having most of the processing done in Canada, not in local offices anymore.

*You can check an older version of the website here: http://web.archive.org/web/20151220130704/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp

Once the backlog is dealt with, there should be a tendency of an actual average processing time for all countries.

Also, in the past years there have been several cases of Self Employed Visas granted in fewer than 12 months.

So, again, not that simple, bimboajayi.

I believe sharing individual process timelines is really interesting to illustrate what happens in specific cases.

Last edited:

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
It's not that simple.

Secondly, as far as I know, processing times can vary greatly depending on each case and the country one is applying from.
CIC website used to show* the estimate average times per country. Not anymore. What is showing on the website now is a GLOBAL average, but differences persist because of different sized backlogs per country.

For example, when I applied in December 2016, the processing time was longer than 90 months. That doesn't mean that all applications took that long.
The government is trying to make things faster and more efficient by both making use of the online system and by having most of the processing done in Canada, not in local offices anymore.

*You can check an older version of the website here: http://web.archive.org/web/20151220130704/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp

Once the backlog is dealt with, there should be a tendency of an actual average processing time for all countries.

Also, in the past years there have been several cases of Self Employed Visas granted in fewer than 12 months.

I believe sharing individual process timelines is really interesting to illustrate what happens in specific cases.
u don t want to reply or what if u dont want to share why join here in the first place

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
u don t want to reply or what if u dont want to share why join here in the first place
Wow... Why so aggressive?
I don't remember how I did and had to check the form.

This animosity is not going to help.

Reactions: aizaz.ali

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Wow... Why so aggressive?
I don't remember how I did and had to check the form.

This animosity is not going to help.
no not aggressive but i posted lot of questions about this subject and no answer since 1 month or more now .so u should understand my situation and sorry for my reply before

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
no not aggressive but i posted lot of questions about this subject and no answer since 1 month or more now .so u should understand my situation and sorry for my reply before
I'm sorry about your difficulties. I understand it can be really frustrating. And this is a big step/investment for the future.

I had the chance to check my form. I actually had a fixed term deposit so I just filled it.
I got another blank form and you're right, it doesn't accept much. I managed to put "0" on the current balance columns. It seems to be a reasonable solution.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I'm sorry about your difficulties. I understand it can be really frustrating. And this is a big step/investment for the future.

I had the chance to check my form. I actually had a fixed term deposit so I just filled it.
I got another blank form and you're right, it doesn't accept much. I managed to put "0" on the current balance columns. It seems to be a reasonable solution.

thank u so much really appreciate it.have a good night and sorry again .:)

bimboajayi

Sep 23, 2016
It's not that simple.

Applications are now processed anywhere not limited to the country of applicant alone ,hence the central processing time line.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Applications are now processed anywhere not limited to the country of applicant alone ,hence the central processing time line.
Have you read my post?

That's exactly what I'm saying. They've centralized the process. But there are still backlogs (some countries have had a lot more people applying so old cases accumulate). and "Once the backlog is dealt with, there should be a tendency of an actual average processing time for all countries."

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Have you read my post?

That's exactly what I'm saying. They've centralized the process. But there are still backlogs (some countries have had a lot more people applying so old cases accumulate). and "Once the backlog is dealt with, there should be a tendency of an actual average processing time for all countries."
i have read lot of people here talk about their experience as self employed persons and it took them one year or 13 to 15 months max what u think?

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
by the way guys as self employed our education needed to be recognized by WES or no need i did it for my self but not for my wife?

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
by the way guys as self employed our education needed to be recognized by WES or no need i did it for my self but not for my wife?
We haven't done that, no.

About processing between 13-15 months, it happens, but it can take longer for sure.

Reactions: gym