Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
my score is 66 and the pass mark is 35 good position i guess
It's a good score, but a strong application also needs to convince them one is a good self-employed worker, with relevant experience and capable of contributing effectively to Canadian economy.

Therefore supporting documents and the document about your experience are essential to make a strong case.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
It's a good score, but a strong application also needs to convince them one is a good self-employed worker, with relevant experience and capable of contributing effectively to Canadian economy.

Therefore supporting documents and the document about your experience are essential to make a strong case.
Oh great what about the narrative document concerning financial resources please

Mar 23, 2018
I will like to go for a business conference in Canada, representing my company from Cameroon. what will it take and what will my company have to put together in other to make a strong case and where can we get additional help?

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Oh great what about the narrative document concerning financial resources please
About that, I believe good sense should be your guide.
It should be as detailed as possible, truthful and it should mirror your experience document. It should also show you're making a living as self-employed.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I will like to go for a business conference in Canada, representing my company from Cameroon. what will it take and what will my company have to put together in other to make a strong case and where can we get additional help?
This thread is for self employed stream only. Please visit the TRV forum for the best answer to your question. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
It's not that simple.
First, this is an average.

Secondly, as far as I know, processing times can vary greatly depending on each case and the country one is applying from.
CIC website used to show* the estimate average times per country. Not anymore. What is showing on the website now is a GLOBAL average, but differences persist because of different sized backlogs per country.

For example, when I applied in December 2016, the processing time was longer than 90 months. That doesn't mean that all applications took that long.
The government is trying to make things faster and more efficient by both making use of the online system and by having most of the processing done in Canada, not in local offices anymore.

*You can check an older version of the website here: http://web.archive.org/web/20151220130704/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp

Once the backlog is dealt with, there should be a tendency of an actual average processing time for all countries.

Also, in the past years there have been several cases of Self Employed Visas granted in fewer than 12 months.

So, again, not that simple, bimboajayi.

I believe sharing individual process timelines is really interesting to illustrate what happens in specific cases.
That is correct. It's only an average. The few people I've spoken to have a time frame of 10 - 18 months from start to finish.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Quick question: Our application was handled by an immigration law firm who has been getting the email communication re our application, e.g., that it was complete. They forward those emails to us. Would it mess anything up if we linked our paper application to an online account so that we can see/hear directly, too? Will that preclude the attorney from getting updates?
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this. Best to check with the attorney.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........

Regarding supporting documents, on form "imm0008_6ae" titled "Business immigrants - self-employed persons", this line is written

"You must submit your application with a narrative document bearing your signature and describing how your present financial resources both family and business, were accumulated. Do not provide supporting documents with the narrative. If necessary, you will be requested to provide supporting documents later on in the process."

This part confused me as my initial plan was to submit supporting document now I'm lost.

Reactions: A_Sidhu

Vanjaklc

Oct 26, 2017
Hi,
We applied for self employed stream (graphic design) on May 29th 2017 and received application number on June 26th 2017. And since then no updates. But I can't find out which visa office is processing our application. We are from Croatia and it should be processed by Vienna. But considering we applied from inside of Canada, I'm not sure if it's processed in Canada now. The email that we received doesn't say that our application has been sent to certain visa office.

Reactions: aizaz.ali
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Regarding supporting documents, on form "imm0008_6ae" titled "Business immigrants - self-employed persons", this line is written

"You must submit your application with a narrative document bearing your signature and describing how your present financial resources both family and business, were accumulated. Do not provide supporting documents with the narrative. If necessary, you will be requested to provide supporting documents later on in the process."

This part confused me as my initial plan was to submit supporting document now I'm lost.
I just typed a long story about where I get my money from on A4 and signed it. That's how I interpreted it.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017

You should provide documents related to your work, but don't include specific financial documents, such as bank and investment statements.

Reactions: aizaz.ali

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Hi,
We applied for self employed stream (graphic design) on May 29th 2017 and received application number on June 26th 2017. And since then no updates. But I can't find out which visa office is processing our application. We are from Croatia and it should be processed by Vienna. But considering we applied from inside of Canada, I'm not sure if it's processed in Canada now. The email that we received doesn't say that our application has been sent to certain visa office.
Hi Bro,
I will be applying in the same category as well. If you don't mind and if it is not a hassle for you, can you please share the list of documents you sent with your application?

Thank you in advance.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Guys, I also need a bit of clarity on how I should put my experience on paper.

In UK I am on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and on this Visa I can work as a self employed person in UK.

I am a director of 2 small companies in London with 50% ownership in both of them. This is similar to a General Partnership but with Limited Liability in Canada.
I delivery Design services while my business partner who owns the remaining 50% of both the businesses provides accountancy services.

I provide services to several clients through my business.

Although I can give evidence of tax payments and also evidences from company's house regarding the business ownership and structure, yet I am confused if this 50% ownership of the business would be classified under self-employed experience.

I would highly appreciate if you guys can share your thoughts and give your opinion.

Thanks,
A