+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security screening - how long it will take?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
How many Security 'Activities' should there usually be when SS is done ?

Because my GCMS shows 9 of them! According to the notes, SS started September 22nd, 2017. Then the Security check got "Cancelled" on December 1st, 2017 (after 4 security entries), then started again, with 5 more activities showing now. That's 9 activities in total. Any ideas?

Ramos84

Apr 30, 2017
How many Security 'Activities' should there usually be when SS is done ?

Because my GCMS shows 9 of them! According to the notes, SS started September 22nd, 2017. Then the Security check got "Cancelled" on December 1st, 2017 (after 4 security entries), then started again, with 5 more activities showing now. That's 9 activities in total. Any ideas?
any updates ?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
any updates ?
Nope nothing really, I emailed IRCC about my application and got a generic answer from them. My meds expire July 20th, so I'm hoping before that. Fingers crossed.

That's the message:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken or if additional information is required.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Ramos84

Apr 30, 2017
Nope nothing really, I emailed IRCC about my application and got a generic answer from them. My meds expire July 20th, so I'm hoping before that. Fingers crossed.

That's the message:
We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken or if additional information is required.
my meds expired last week, no updates from cic so far. what is your LVO?

Nordic_Kuma

Feb 21, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
I just wanna share my experience and show gratitude to all the guys in this thread who gave encouragement and provided useful info.

AOR: Feb 2017
SS start: Apr 2017
SS cleared: Feb 2018
PPR: Apr 2018
CoPR: May 2018

I have landed today. Hopefully you guys would have good news soon.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018

That's the message:
Hey, have you received your PPR? If yes, when please?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
really?! What do your notes say? Have you ordered gcms and security notes?
Where r u from if I may ask?
FSWO applicant, from Lebanon.
my GCMS notes say I cleared eligibility and criminality, SS started September 22nd, meds extended till April 2018.

gurpreetjot

Oct 2, 2018
hello,
i wanted to share my case and ask your opinion on it.

I spoke to a nice agent today this is what she told me :
1. eligibility is done
2. security is done
3. criminality is under process.

when i asked what all is done under criminality check she fumbled and said background check which was rather confusing for me.
she also said she cannot tell how long will it take for the criminality check to get over

One of the whats app group friend told that normally security is finished in the last....

can anyone tell more about the criminality check?

MAY 25th AOR
IP2 18th September
IP1 somewhere in mid june

how long does criminality check lasts?

Nizam06024

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
hello,
i wanted to share my case and ask your opinion on it.

I spoke to a nice agent today this is what she told me :
1. eligibility is done
2. security is done
3. criminality is under process.

when i asked what all is done under criminality check she fumbled and said background check which was rather confusing for me.
she also said she cannot tell how long will it take for the criminality check to get over

One of the whats app group friend told that normally security is finished in the last....

can anyone tell more about the criminality check?

MAY 25th AOR
IP2 18th September
IP1 somewhere in mid june

how long does criminality check lasts?

Whats ur Visa office??