+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security screening - how long it will take?

earmin

Jul 16, 2017
Hello,
More than 10 months is passed from AOR and the latest update of my application was more than 140 days ago that was:
* Criminality passed Mar 2018,
* Eligibility is passed.
* spouse’s security checks passed Aug, 2018.
* security checks were initiated Aug, 2018.

Paris is my Visa Office and I really don't know how can I find information about my application. Have you got any statistics about the SS process length recently? Where can I find more information about my case? How can I speed up the process? This waiting is killing! :(

Thank you guys.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hello,
More than 10 months is passed from AOR and the latest update of my application was more than 140 days ago that was:
* Criminality passed Mar 2018,
* Eligibility is passed.
* spouse’s security checks passed Aug, 2018.
* security checks were initiated Aug, 2018.

Paris is my Visa Office and I really don't know how can I find information about my application. Have you got any statistics about the SS process length recently? Where can I find more information about my case? How can I speed up the process? This waiting is killing! :(

Thank you guys.
You definitely cannot speed up the process. But if you want to know what is going on you can order CBSA and CSIS notes.

I suggest gcmsbuddy.com

Reactions: earmin

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Spoke to CIC.
AOR - Oct 19th. CEC Inland.
Eligibility - Recommended Pass.
Criminality - Under process. ADR Requested - RCMP PCC on Nov 16. Submitted RCMP PCC ADR on 7th Jan. Still under review from past two weeks. Agent said they are looking into it :/
Security - NOT STARTED.

Can anybody tell how long Security Process can take? I am at IP2 Stage. Hope this helps others.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
From my experience and from what I have been reading here, there is no fixed timeframe, and this is a case by case scenario.... However, I can tell you that mine took about 8 months..... Someone else I know took about 6 months, and another person more than a year and few months... I hope yours takes much shorter...

Good luck.

Reactions: mandeep000

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
I was also in ss and it took 7 months (18 may18 to 20 Dec 18)to get rid of SS.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
Spoke to CIC.
AOR - Oct 19th. CEC Inland.
Eligibility - Recommended Pass.
Criminality - Under process. ADR Requested - RCMP PCC on Nov 16. Submitted RCMP PCC ADR on 7th Jan. Still under review from past two weeks. Agent said they are looking into it :/
Security - NOT STARTED.

Can anybody tell how long Security Process can take? I am at IP2 Stage. Hope this helps others.
I think they will start your security once your eligibility is fully met by Vissa officer and it can take one week to on year.
thanks and regards

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I think they will start your security once your eligibility is fully met by Vissa officer and it can take one week to on year.
thanks and regards
Don't think it will take One year. Maybe One Week to One Month. My Eligibility is Recommend Pass/Met by Case Analyst. Criminality is under process.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
Don't think it will take One year. Maybe One Week to One Month. My Eligibility is Recommend Pass/Met by Case Analyst. Criminality is under process.
I mean to say if it is normal security checks than it will be passed in one week to one month maximum,If slotted for Security screening than it can take more time,I was in Security screening and took 7 months (was lucky),My eligibility was passed fully by visa officer Immediately after one month after Aor and only Security took 7 months
I pray nobody should be slotted for deadly SS.
Regards

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I mean to say if it is normal security checks than it will be passed in one week to one month maximum,If slotted for Security screening than it can take more time,I was in Security screening and took 7 months (was lucky),My eligibility was passed fully by visa officer Immediately after one month after Aor and only Security took 7 months
I pray nobody should be slotted for deadly SS.
Regards

How long did it take for your PPR to arrive after you passed security?

I passed security about 10 days ago, and was told my application is under a final review. How long do you think it will take?

Thanks

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
I
How long did it take for your PPR to arrive after you passed security?

I passed security about 10 days ago, and was told my application is under a final review. How long do you think it will take?

Thanks
Congratulations,I got ppr after 3 weeks of finishing Security,and two weeks after remedicals passed.

Reactions: UKDreamer

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi to all,
Yestarday i got respones from IRCC about my parents PR applications.

Eligibility: Passed
Security: in process
Criminality: valid untill 2 december 2019
Medicals: valid untill 23 march 2019.

any one could tell me whats the meaning of valid untill ?? its mean that my medical criminalty is passed ??
Im around 9 months in Security checks but still in process and i don't know how long it will takes

jaideepssingh

Nov 10, 2017
Folks who were in SS, did their response from VO suggested "additional verification"? That's the response I got from Ottawa last night