+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security screening - how long it will take?

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hello,

One of my colleague has AOR of May 2019, his security screening started from Nov-19 and is still under process ( he is from technical side). Further, he also has travel history as well. While on the other hand mine AOR is Jan-20 and my security screening started from July-20 (I am from non-technical side with only one country visit). Will our processing for Security screening be same or is it possible, that I get cleared early?

Further, In past 4 people have got PPR from our organization, after being in security screening though (Which, I believe it was due to our organization being put in banned list from FBI).

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

One of my colleague has AOR of May 2019, his security screening started from Nov-19 and is still under process ( he is from technical side). Further, he also has travel history as well. While on the other hand mine AOR is Jan-20 and my security screening started from July-20 (I am from non-technical side with only one country visit). Will our processing for Security screening be same or is it possible, that I get cleared early?

Further, In past 4 people have got PPR from our organization, after being in security screening though (Which, I believe it was due to our organization being put in banned list from FBI).

@legalfalcon

All applications go though security screening. Whether you application only has a record check or a comprehensive check will depend on a case by case basis.

On an average it takes 110 days for the security screening to be completed. What factors determine whether you application will have comprehensive screening or record check is not disclosed.

You can see this comprehensive blog post that lists everything that is available on security screening, including the security screening manual https://bit.ly/3o1FBtt

Reactions: pinemaple

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello,

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Security screening is a rather opaque process. In some situations security screening can take much longer. This is a definitive guide to what is publicly available and many people cite information from here https://bit.ly/3iXMnyw

CBSA has published the security screening manual as well and the online version can be accessed here https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Reactions: arbu45

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
@arbu45 has there been any update on your application yet? I ordered CBSA/CSIS notes recently and since they passed my eligibility in July 2020, I haven't heard anything from them. Criminality is not started and screening is blank.

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
Hello,

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Don't overthink about it. There is nothing wrong with yours or your colleague's background check. The point is that IRCC has stopped processing the security checks for outland applicants. I know a lot of people, including me, in the exact same situation. Also, it seems that background check for outland applicants stopped even getting initiated some times after august 2020. I also know a lot of guys whose background checks has not been started since 10 months

So, it doesn't mean that there is sth wrong with our applications. They simply put our applications on hold and god knows when they are going to get back at them. At this moment IRCC is experiencing a high volume of backlogs with tons of new applications still getting in and no clear plan, in terms of hiring new staff or easing on processing procedures to expedite the processing of applications. I hope they do sth about it really soon

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Don't overthink about it. There is nothing wrong with yours or your colleague's background check. The point is that IRCC has stopped processing the security checks for outland applicants. I know a lot of people, including me, in the exact same situation. Also, it seems that background check for outland applicants stopped even getting initiated some times after august 2020. I also know a lot of guys whose background checks has not been started since 10 months

So, it doesn't mean that there is sth wrong with our applications. They simply put our applications on hold and god knows when they are going to get back at them. At this moment IRCC is experiencing a high volume of backlogs with tons of new applications still getting in and no clear plan, in terms of hiring new staff or easing on processing procedures to expedite the processing of applications. I hope they do sth about it really soon
Thank you. I hope they do start it quickly. We all are waiting anxiously to know what's our position, so that we can take settle our lives.

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
@arbu45 has there been any update on your application yet? I ordered CBSA/CSIS notes recently and since they passed my eligibility in July 2020, I haven't heard anything from them. Criminality is not started and screening is blank.
Nope nothing. No news, complete silence since July 2020

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Hello,
Planning to apply for CSIS notes, in order to know status about security screening and wanted to know what should we write, when asked under "Please provide details regarding the information being sought"

Reactions: Syed Areeb

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Hello,
Planning to apply for CSIS notes, in order to know status about security screening and wanted to know what should we write, when asked under "Please provide details regarding the information being sought"
Hello @arbu45 if your Security is in progress and assigned to CSIS then there is no point applying for CSIS notes. You will not receive any "status" from CSIS until security screening is completed. Instead apply for the Gcms Notes from CBSA.

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hello @arbu45 if your Security is in progress and assigned to CSIS then there is no point applying for CSIS notes. You will not receive any "status" from CSIS until security screening is completed. Instead apply for the Gcms Notes from CBSA.
Hello, I had received CBSA notes in January 2021. Should I order them again or CSIS notes?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello, I had received CBSA notes in January 2021. Should I order them again or CSIS notes?
Hi. You can simply send a web form to inquire about the status. After you receive a response you can consider requesting the Gcms Notes from CBSA.

• Love

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Logged into my account and saw ghost update. Security Screening has been in process since July 2020. Is it possible my security is completed?
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Logged into my account and saw ghost update. Security Screening has been in process since July 2020. Is it possible my security is completed?
@legalfalcon

The only way to know is by requesting your GCMS notes from CBSA.

A security screen on an average takes 110 days as per security screening manual, unless your application is in comprehensive check.

See https://bit.ly/3LYFJWZ

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Got a response to my webform, that my file is under review. Last time I had asked they said background checks are in progress. Last week I got one ghost update as well. Is it a good sign ?

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes