+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security screening - how long it will take?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi All, I just want to know how long the security screening going to last for a person with around 20+ countries travel history in past 6-7 years? My profile changed to BGIP on Apr 27, 2017 and after that no change. After contacting CPC Ottawa, they mentioned my profile needs additional verifications. I am into 8th month of my PR process and the wait is killing me. Did any one face similar situation and how long the SS will last in such cases?

Thank you!

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi .. I just received my GCMS notes and the latest status is as below. By when I can expect the Security to be finished? It shows around 4 security screening activities under my notes so far. How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes?

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Security screening page is blank with s.15(1) written on top. So I am not able to identify at what stage of Security screening I am at.

Its 8 months and 8 days now officially after AOR. :D

Thank you.

How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes? :rolleyes:
How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes? :rolleyes:

Waqas.vikc

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi .. I just received my GCMS notes and the latest status is as below. By when I can expect the Security to be finished? It shows around 4 security screening activities under my notes so far. How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes?

Security:

Security screening page is blank with s.15(1) written on top. So I am not able to identify at what stage of Security screening I am at.

Thank you.

Hey Bro,

Whats the latest on your file?

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016

Security:

Thank you.

PPR now BRO? ?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hey Bro,

Whats the latest on your file?
@Waqas.vikc & @
esos4real

Completed 9 months yesterday. Still waiting. I have ordered GCMS notes and it will be delivered by 1 month time.

As per my last phone call, they have asked for time till 28 Dec, 2017 to complete my case. :(

28 Dec is 8 months since my SS start date. I have completed 4 months under SS now. :mad:

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Which countries have you visited/worked/studied in that you feel are causing these additional security checks? Or any government jobs in the past/present?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Which countries have you visited/worked/studied in that you feel are causing these additional security checks? Or any government jobs in the past/present?
I have no government job or any military background.

I am not sure but Turkey, UAE, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, France, Netherlands, USA, China, etc. are the 20+ countries where I have traveled for work or Tourism. That might be a concern for them .. :D :eek:

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have no government job or any military background.

I am not sure but Turkey, UAE, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, France, Netherlands, USA, China, etc. are the 20+ countries where I have traveled for work or Tourism. That might be a concern for them .. :D :eek:
Well i hope you get your PPR soon. Good luck!

Reactions: shri_canada

NIUBIFUFU

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Waqas.vikc & @
esos4real

Completed 9 months yesterday. Still waiting. I have ordered GCMS notes and it will be delivered by 1 month time.

As per my last phone call, they have asked for time till 28 Dec, 2017 to complete my case. :(

28 Dec is 8 months since my SS start date. I have completed 4 months under SS now. :mad:

HI Shri,
what does the 28 Dec, 2017 mean? the call agent gave this to you for what? a kind of deadline for your case?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
HI Shri,
what does the 28 Dec, 2017 mean? the call agent gave this to you for what? a kind of deadline for your case?
The call agent mentioned, our case officer has put in comment with this date as deadline date to finalize our case. This comment was written against our CSE which we had raised last month.

Waqas.vikc

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
@Waqas.vikc & @
esos4real

I called last week and the lady said to check back in November if you do not hear from us.

My IP2 went to 29th August 2017.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015