+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just updating
I called CIC today to check on the statues of my application and I was told that they are finding to book me for oath sometime in may, and if by may 9th I don't receive anything I should contact them...
anyone was told something similar and still is waiting ....

good luck to all of us

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow; congrtulations Jubela... keep us updated. Cheers.

Jabuela said:
Just updating
I called CIC today to check on the statues of my application and I was told that they are finding to book me for oath sometime in may, and if by may 9th I don't receive anything I should contact them...
anyone was told something similar and still is waiting ....

good luck to all of us

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Jubela, i don't wont to discourage you but i was told the same by CIC a month ago an still waiting.....
Call them tomorrow to see what answer you will get
I hope everything will be OK an we will received oath letters soon

BraveCavalier

Apr 24, 2014
Thanks Balajir, I finally got the Oath date for May 16th at 8:30am:
I share my ecas record here

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 12, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 12, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 15, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 25, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bad news from my end... just called CIC and they have advised me that CIC has issued Residence Questionnaire to me. I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Anyone these days receiving post test RQ?

I have collected all the documentation -

Financial Records (Noa, Bank Statements and Amex Card Statements)
All home Leases
All the employment records.

Waiting for OHIP and Health Quebec to send the Medical records.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear...
Wish you the Very Best!

vinaypuri said:
Bad news from my end... just called CIC and they have advised me that CIC has issued Residence Questionnaire to me. I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Anyone these days receiving post test RQ?

All home Leases

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

l wonder is CBSA and ATIP same thing? which one should i apply for RQ?

Thanks

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Oz, CBSA is Canadian Border Security Agency. If you need records for all your entry then you should apply for ATIP. ATIP is Access to Information and Privacy, it is a law under which you can request this info.

BTW, I got your personal message but when I tried responding to it, it says that your inbox is full.

ozland said:
Hi all,

l wonder is CBSA and ATIP same thing? which one should i apply for RQ?

Thanks

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure to order the ATIP under the "Privacy Act" in order to avoid the $5 Charge.
Good Luck!

vinaypuri said:
Hey Oz, CBSA is Canadian Border Security Agency. If you need records for all your entry then you should apply for ATIP. ATIP is Access to Information and Privacy, it is a law under which you can request this info.

BTW, I got your personal message but when I tried responding to it, it says that your inbox is full.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:

All home Leases

Oh man, this sucks! This is very unfortunate.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:

All home Leases

I am sorry, it will take same time, but in our days is faster

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
I am sorry, it will take same time, but in our days is faster
Hi Toronto60,

do you think the 2012 Applicants (RQ receipients) are targetted and delayed by purpose. I see in the time line exce that 90% of the people who got tested in Jan till March waiting for Oath are the ones that were RQed??

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Hi everyone, just wanted to update the Scarborough group with some good news - today my husband got his oath notification in the mail! May 13 at 10:30am. Ecas not updated yet just fyi.

Timeline is:
App rec'd October 2013
In process Dec 2013
Test April 16 2014
Oath May 13 2014

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting for good news! All the best wishes :)

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
thanks, did you get post test RQ, how is post test RQ handled differently?
No i got pretest RQ, my daughter got posttest RQ, she still is waiting the oath letter from May 2012.