+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Toronto060
I am sorry to hear you have been waiting for months and hearing the same CD all over again, but guess what I made a wish few weeks ago in the Forum that I Receive an invitation to Oath on my Birthday, today online it was update they sent me on April 28 an invitation to take Oath that's one day before my birthday, to take oath May 21st at 10:30 am.

I am sooooo happy and I wish you all who are waiting good luck..

toronto60 said:
Hi, Jubela, i don't wont to discourage you but i was told the same by CIC a month ago an still waiting.....
Call them tomorrow to see what answer you will get
I hope everything will be OK an we will received oath letters soon

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Jabuela, very happy for you.

I m waiting on RQ in mail to see what documents they have requested.

Does anyone know in RQ form these days - CIT 520, do they put check boxes on all the types of documents or do they request specific docs?
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/

Jabuela said:
Hi Toronto060
I am sorry to hear you have been waiting for months and hearing the same CD all over again, but guess what I made a wish few weeks ago in the Forum that I Receive an invitation to Oath on my Birthday, today online it was update they sent me on April 28 an invitation to take Oath that's one day before my birthday, to take oath May 21st at 10:30 am.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Jabuela.......

Jabuela said:
Hi Toronto060

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinay
I am really sorry to hear that you got an RQ, but guess what its fast now days It takes like 3-5 months and maybe even less.
keep us posted..

vinaypuri said:
Bad news from my end... just called CIC and they have advised me that CIC has issued Residence Questionnaire to me. I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Anyone these days receiving post test RQ?

I have collected all the documentation -

Financial Records (Noa, Bank Statements and Amex Card Statements)
All home Leases
All the employment records.

Waiting for OHIP and Health Quebec to send the Medical records.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
Hi Toronto060

Congratulations, Jabuela! And Belated Happy Birthday!
I think you and I had the same CIC interview officer?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey chrysss
Thank you for your wishes,, :D probably it could be everything is possible.

Chrysss said:
Congratulations, Jabuela! And Belated Happy Birthday!
I think you and I had the same CIC interview officer?

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,

Congrats Jabuela, I am very happy for you. could you please share your timeline?

INCC

May 1, 2014
Hello! Has anybody had to do fingerprints after the before test? If so, Please tell me how long it can taker to get the citizenship Test and Oath after the fingerprints is done?

If anyone has the same problem and received any feedback from CIC regarding test, Please advise me the timeline.

Look forward to hearing soon.

INCC

May 1, 2014
Fingerprint

Hello Everyone!
Has anybody had to do fingerprints after the before test? If so, Please tell me how long it can taker to get the citizenship Test and Oath after the fingerprints is done?

If anyone has the same problem and received any feedback from CIC regarding test, Please advise me the timeline.

Look forward to hearing soon. You can also write me: tapash.roy@firstline.com

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
my timeline is as following and I did my test in Scarborough

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 7, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 28, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

bogazici10 said:
hi Jabuela,

did you take test at st Clair or Scarborough?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi INCC
My husband did receive a fingerprint request almost 3 months after he submitted his application, then almost after a year and few months he was invited to do the test but that after he contacted the MP. right after the test he was given an RQ. until today he is still waiting for oath and in October he is going to complete 36 months since he applied.

I would tell you not to worry because now days the process is faster with or without an RQ they just give you an estimate of 36 months for non regular but I have seen applicant in the forum who got an RQ and yet received an oath in a year time frame. its not like when my husband applied from 2011

INCC said:
Hello! Has anybody had to do fingerprints after the before test? If so, Please tell me how long it can taker to get the citizenship Test and Oath after the fingerprints is done?

Look forward to hearing soon.

INCC

May 1, 2014
Hi Jabuela,

Thank you for your input reagding Finggerprint issue.

Now the total process is little faster that is why I need to know if anyone got the fingerprints request in 2014 or end of 2013 and got the test as well as oath. Please share your experience or bad experience. Thx