+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday received hard copy of CBSA Report, applied on Feb. 27. SHOWING ENTRY DATES ONLY. Will submit with RQ.

shakeel7 said:
I submitted request for the Access to Information Act to Canada Border Services Agency on February 27, 2014.
I submitted request for the Privacy Act to Citizenship and Immigration Canada on March 24, 2014.

I want to submit CBSA report with my Residence Questionnaire to CIC ASAP. How can I speedup this CBSA process?

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC to check status for both myself and my wife - no updates.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
It may look like first of April joke but it's true. Today I finally received notice to appear for oath , 1 PM on 14 of April. Thank you to everyone on this forum for shearing info and encouragement. Wish everyone get the Oath and Citizenship soon as I know how frustrating is to wait.. BTW, the status on my application on the CIC site is not updated since June of 2012. Best of luck to everyone of you. :) ;)

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
It may look like first of April joke but it's true. Today I finally received notice to appear for oath , 1 PM on 14 of April. Thank you to everyone on this forum for shearing info and encouragement. Wish everyone get the Oath and Citizenship soon as I know how frustrating is to wait.. BTW, the status on my application on the CIC site is not updated since June of 2012. Best of luck to everyone of you. :) ;)

Congrats!!
Please post your timeline
Thanks

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 31, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 31, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 8, 2012.
We sent you a notice on May 14, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM. "
As I failed the test , I had to wait 16 months to take the test again on October 9, 2013. So, all together it took 3 years.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, congratulations Dalida!. Very happy for you. Cheers.
Vinay

dalida said:
"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 31, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 31, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 8, 2012.
We sent you a notice on May 14, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM. "
As I failed the test , I had to wait 16 months to take the test again on October 9, 2013. So, all together it took 3 years.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
Great, congratulations Dalida!. Very happy for you. Cheers.
Vinay
Thank you Vinay. Hope you get your notice very soon. I know that it's much more difficult to not know what is going on. But thanks to this forum I found out that I was not alone and that many more people are in the same predicament. There are things I learned also, like ATIP for example. Shearing info is very helpful, Everyday I open the site to see how you and the rest are doing, have you received your notices... it's like checking up on friends. Let spring bring not only nice weather but also solution all our difficulties with CIC .. Best of luck to everyone here.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
TORONTONIAN04 said:
Hi Dalida, we are in the same boat as I applied in May 2011, missed 1st test in May 2012, got 2nd test in September 2013 and passed, and now still waiting for the oath its 35 months now. They said I have to wait until 36 months are over for non-routine applicants.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we have about the same timeline. So, you should receive your notice any day now. ;) :)

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
TORONTONIAN04 said:
Yes but my backgrounds and security checks have not been started yet. I am gonna get oath after the checks. How about you? Is that your secuity/backgrounds checks have been done or started? I sent you a message check your inbox. Let me know if you get your oath and I will let you know when I get it. My office is Scarborough, Ontario. What is your office?
Thank You
Last time I called CIC on the beginning of February they told me that it will take between 2 and 5 months to finalize my case. Now is exactly 2 months. Regarding ATIP I filled on the end of February and it took 32-33 days to receive answer, it costs $5.
My office is also Scarborough.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
Last time I called CIC on the beginning of February they told me that it will take between 2 and 5 months to finalize my case. Now is exactly 2 months. Regarding ATIP I filled on the end of February and it took 32-33 days to receive answer, it costs $5.
My office is also Scarborough.
If you apply under privacy act you should not have to pay $5 and hassle of charging the visa etc. Just you have to choose the 'privacy act'.

TORONTONIAN04

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats good, Is that your backgrounds were checked? Did cic told you that your backgrounds need to be completed before they can call you for the oath? Please reply, Thank You

dalida said:

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
TORONTONIAN04 said:
Thats good, Is that your backgrounds were checked? Did cic told you that your backgrounds need to be completed before they can call you for the oath? Please reply, Thank You
yes, CIC told me that they are waiting to finish with re-exam the facts and some background checks to be completed. and it will take between 2 and 5 months. it took 2 months from the time I was told this. good luck.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got following update in my ecas:

We sent you a notice on April 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.