+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Intent to reside outside Quebec Letter

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Is there anyone out there who has recently successfully applied for and gotten PR with work experience in Quebec but who applied through the normal EE pool? I am worried about proving intent (we really do intend to leave) without a job offer. We have been trying but it is really hard without PR.
Have heard of lots of people being rejected, are there any success stories out there?

Dec 6, 2017
Help Needed.. !!
Hi All, I have been asked by my Visa Officer to provide the Letter of Intent to stay outside Quebec. However, I cannot find a slot to upload this letter. There is no slot available, I have checked my submitted application multiple times. How can I upload it ?

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hello Guys,
I have applied for Permanent Residency under Canadian Experience Class. Currently, I reside (work) in Montreal, Quebec. yesterday, I received an email from immigration office ottawa, asking for a letter for intent to reside outside Quebec.
Well, I have been looking for a suitable job in Ontario since July. I have been applied for many jobs but got refused due to my work permit limitation. I believe i can send them my application history to justify my intention to reside outside the Quebec.
Guys, I am looking for some sample letter of intent to know the format and content better. Please help.
Thank you very much guys!

Regards,
Merry
Hi Merry,

Did you receive procedural fairness notice or just a message? I received PFN and agent gave me only 7 days to respond, as I was on border so I moved to Ottawa and provided lease agreement. After that I got another message to provide ON driver's licence. I provided that too. So he made sure that I have moved. Now my document status changed to "No Additional Documents required" on last Thursday. I am waiting now.

So I wanted to tell you if you have received PFN, then you have provide some very solid proof for your intent.

Regards,

Rahul

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Is there anyone out there who has recently successfully applied for and gotten PR with work experience in Quebec but who applied through the normal EE pool? I am worried about proving intent (we really do intend to leave) without a job offer. We have been trying but it is really hard without PR.
Have heard of lots of people being rejected, are there any success stories out there?
I have applied but not yet got through but all of my coworker has got it. I received PFN and agent gave me only 7 days to respond, as I was on border so I moved to Ottawa and provided lease agreement. After that I got another message to provide ON driver's licence. I provided that too. So he made sure that I have moved. Now my document status changed to "No Additional Documents required" on last Thursday. I am waiting now for further steps.

So I wanted to tell you if you have received PFN, then you have provide some very solid proof for your intent.

Regards,

Rahul

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I have applied but not yet got through but all of my coworker has got it. I received PFN and agent gave me only 7 days to respond, as I was on border so I moved to Ottawa and provided lease agreement. After that I got another message to provide ON driver's licence. I provided that too. So he made sure that I have moved. Now my document status changed to "No Additional Documents required" on last Thursday. I am waiting now for further steps.

Regards,

Rahul
Did your coworkers who got their PR via Express Entry stay in QC or moved out to other provinces like yourself in response to the PFN letter?

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Did your coworkers who got their PR via Express Entry stay in QC or moved out to other provinces like yourself in response to the PFN letter?
No they did not mov but provided a plan to move. Most of them provided future lease agreement but they all received PFN.

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017

Regards,

Rahul
Did you stay at your job in Quebec and commute? Or did you quit your job and move?
We currently don't have drivers licences in Canada at all - did you convert a Quebec one to an Ontario one or did do your licence? Unfortunately our driver's licences from home aren't recognized in Canada.

Can you please explain the different between a PFN and a letter of intent? I didn't know there were two different things.

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Did you stay at your job in Quebec and commute? Or did you quit your job and move?
We currently don't have drivers licences in Canada at all - did you convert a Quebec one to an Ontario one or did do your licence? Unfortunately our driver's licences from home aren't recognized in Canada.

Can you please explain the different between a PFN and a letter of intent? I didn't know there were two different things.
Hi, I continued my job in Quebec as I live in border city, so commute was never a issue. Yes I did convert my Quebec DL to Ontario DL.

It should be mentioend in your message that it is a PFN or not. PFN are generally issued by VO and it is last chance to you before refusal. This is what I heard from other forums.

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi, I continued my job in Quebec as I live in border city, so commute was never a issue. Yes I did convert my Quebec DL to Ontario DL.

It should be mentioend in your message that it is a PFN or not. PFN are generally issued by VO and it is last chance to you before refusal. This is what I heard from other forums.
Ok good to know.

We haven't received any communication yet, we are submitting a letter of intent to leave Quebec with our initial PR application (submitting it tomorrow probably) - so we are hoping that it will be enough for the VO. We don't have any family in Canada either so it is difficult to show that we have ties to any other provinces. My husband is also working near the border so we will be able to commute into Quebec.

Is there any other proof we can use other than moving, family or a job offer? We have both been applying for jobs outside of Quebec with no luck so far and have no family in Canada. We are submitting proof that we have been looking for jobs. We are waiting for our lease to end before we move to Ontario - which will be in March next year. I hope that this will be enough for the VO as we really don't want to stay in Quebec

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Ok good to know.

We haven't received any communication yet, we are submitting a letter of intent to leave Quebec with our initial PR application (submitting it tomorrow probably) - so we are hoping that it will be enough for the VO. We don't have any family in Canada either so it is difficult to show that we have ties to any other provinces. My husband is also working near the border so we will be able to commute into Quebec.

Is there any other proof we can use other than moving, family or a job offer? We have both been applying for jobs outside of Quebec with no luck so far and have no family in Canada. We are submitting proof that we have been looking for jobs. We are waiting for our lease to end before we move to Ontario - which will be in March next year. I hope that this will be enough for the VO as we really don't want to stay in Quebec
Good Luck to you..

I have submitted almost everything with my PR application like an affidavit, letter from employer, letter from Quebec Landlord saying I cab break lease anytime after receiving PR and lots of other stuff too but I still received PFN. So it depend on Officer to officer but frankely speaking, they are very strict in case of CEC. You know why, becasue lots of people does not move even after promising.

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Good Luck to you..

I have submitted almost everything with my PR application like an affidavit, letter from employer, letter from Quebec Landlord saying I cab break lease anytime after receiving PR and lots of other stuff too but I still received PFN. So it depend on Officer to officer but frankely speaking, they are very strict in case of CEC. You know why, becasue lots of people does not move even after promising.
I know, that is what we are scared of. Luckily we don't have kids so that is not a problem.
We have done everything we possibly can. Unfortunately we can't afford to buy property so that is not an option for us either.
I really hope the VO takes our case seriously. My partner has negotiated the earliest possible release from his job contract as possible (April next year) and we really don't want to have to leave Canada. We also have a letter from the landlord confirming that the leas isn't being renewed

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
At what stage did people receive Procedural Fairness notices about leaving Quebec? We are currently in IP2 - really hope we have done enough to convince the VO. We are actually looking at moving in March but hoping that we aren't forced to move this timeline up.

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
At what stage did people receive Procedural Fairness notices about leaving Quebec? We are currently in IP2 - really hope we have done enough to convince the VO. We are actually looking at moving in March but hoping that we aren't forced to move this timeline up.
I received mine after 10 days after my medical passed.

/R