+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Intent to reside outside Quebec Letter

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
Hi,
I am going to be very blunt here, it does not sound like you have any intention to move outside of Quebec. In order to convince the officer you will need concrete evidence that you are planning on leaving Quebec, such as a job in another province, a lease in another province, evidence of strong ties to another province or evidence that you are leaving your job. If you are planning on living/working in Montreal you MUST apply through the Quebec immigration route - the CIC is very strict on this matter.
By strong ties do you mean if i have family in ontario and have studied there, it will be considered ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Do you have a sample template of what to write and what not write in the letter? Should I just go to ottawa and apply for drivers license exchange and put my previous address in ontario? I will be moving in 4 months anyway, so, might as well exchange the license.
I put generic explanation . My situation was different since i left canada 3 years before and applied from US . for proof i just gave my office is in Ontario as well so i will move there. for you check who is in quebec and don't fordge since i have seen people creating rent agreement and all and they got rejected.. Letter from employer should help that you are moving to Ontatio .

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
I put generic explanation . My situation was different since i left canada 3 years before and applied from US . for proof i just gave my office is in Ontario as well so i will move there. for you check who is in quebec and don't fordge since i have seen people creating rent agreement and all and they got rejected.. Letter from employer should help that you are moving to Ontatio .
I am already looking for a lease as i was in the process of moving even before the immigration news came out. Once i sign my new lease, can I use that? I will provide the letter from employer, and show my family, education ties in ontario.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I am already looking for a lease as i was in the process of moving even before the immigration news came out. Once i sign my new lease, can I use that? I will provide the letter from employer, and show my family, education ties in ontario.
yes that should be helpful.. you can give as much as details to them.. Good luck .. try to see if you can get some feedback with exact same situation as this is final step before application is aporoved so take latestvl trend . mine was 3 year old situation ... but what i see if we show genuine intent they approve ..

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
yes that should be helpful.. you can give as much as details to them.. Good luck .. try to see if you can get some feedback with exact same situation as this is final step before application is aporoved so take latestvl trend . mine was 3 year old situation ... but what i see if we show genuine intent they approve ..
Where can I find the latest trend? Nobody seems to know what exactly works and doesn't work. I just want to make sure that all of my bases are covered and not let VO have any sort of doubts.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Congrats on your PR. I hope you see this post. I am currently living in qc but now I need to show them my intent to reside outside qc which i already am working on because i have studied in ontario and my family lives in ontario. How did you prove your intent to live outside qc? My employer agreed to give me work from home from ontario. So, I can work from ontario for a qc employer. Is that enough to show my intent?
Hi, If you look around my old posts you'll see I've listed the lengths I went through in my letter. Essentially I sent a letter of resignation acknowledged by my employer that upon getting PR I would leave Quebec and I had a similar letter from my landlord. It seems you have a good case and solid reasons. Let me know if you can find my older posts about the letter. Only thing I'd say is, I did that 4-5 years ago so I'm not sure if anything has changed since.

shayesteh

Oct 25, 2021
Hi all,
Is there anyone who could help me how to write an affidavit concerning leaving Quebec? what is the format and what phrases should be used there?

avenuthurla

Jun 5, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am working and living in Montreal on closed work permit, I will be gaining one year canadian experience by this july and I am planning to apply for PR through CEC, we have a branch in calgary and my HR/Supervisor agreed to give me a letter saying that I can work from calgary office. Is this letter sufficient to prove that I am intended to move out of Quebec? my closed work permit will expire in an year ( by July 2023) and my lease will be finished by June 2023. I can not sign a lease or move to calgary as I am on closed work permit, will all these reasons convey the officer to approve my PR? any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.