09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Mutenye said:
So if for example I was to resign my job in Quebec with a letter of resignation from myself and acknowledgement from my employer of termination of my job with a final payslip etc. and show evidence that I no longer have a job here, move elsewhere in Canada, sign a rental lease etc. and prove I'm looking for/applying for a job in that new location once I have my 52 weeks and submit my application that wouldn't cut it? Or if once my visa is up I leave the country and return to my home state with my application submitted would that be enough? Or if I am just honest on the form and indicate that I understand the laws and regulations and that in order for me to use the CEC system I must leave Quebec as remaining in Canada is my only goal and I am happy to abide with any requirements necessary for me to do so.

Thank you for your replies
If you're single, it should be easy to resign (after completing the required 12 months of qualifying work), move and look for a new job.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I am single and came here alone. I am perfectly set up in Montreal and like my job/apartment and friends but if they need me to move and resign and it gets me over the line for residency I guess that is what I am going to have to do..:( It's not the end of the world, just very expensive and really inconvenient but ultimately better than having to leave the country.....

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Mutenye said:
I am single and came here alone. I am perfectly set up in Montreal and like my job/apartment and friends but if they need me to move and resign and it gets me over the line for residency I guess that is what I am going to have to do..:( It's not the end of the world, just very expensive and really inconvenient but ultimately better than having to leave the country.....
If you're not intending to live in Quebec, you might as well leave now. Else apply for Quebec's immigration programs.

I had an awesome job in downtown Montreal with one of the city's best employers, but resigned and moved as soon as I met the work experience requirement. And that despite having lived in another province for 5 years before working in Montreal for only 1 year. No regrets.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi, I'll literally have my 52 weeks experience only about 3 weeks before the end of my visa so I need to stay right up until the end to make sure I have enough weeks. Ideally I'd like to stay in Montreal and in my job but I don't qualify for the Quebec programme because I don't have sufficient work experience within the last 2 years as per the Quebec programme (plus they upped the requirement for the French exam and I wouldn't pass the new higher level required at present). I will have enough work experience within the last 3 years for the Canadian programme though.

As I said my priority is remaining in Canada. Ideally I'd remain in Montreal but if the system says that's not allowed then I must quit my job and move elsewhere and find another one and start over again.

Thank you for your reply.

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I know some guys like you. They were living in Montreal a few years ago and applied through CEC. They had received this letter request and they sent a similar response as yours. They got their PR and after landed they continued living in Montreal. Two years later. they received a letter from court for immigration fraud. At the court the had been shown their response letter along with their tax return(which was filed in QC) and evidence that they lived in Montreal. After a few years of fighting they all got deported form Canada. So, If you really don't want to live out of QC, Don't lie.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
CICOtawa said:
I know some guys like you. They were living in Montreal a few years ago and applied through CEC. They had received this letter request and they sent a similar response as yours. They got their PR and after landed they continued living in Montreal. Two years later. they received a letter from court for immigration fraud. At the court the had been shown their response letter along with their tax return(which was filed in QC) and evidence that they lived in Montreal. After a few years of fighting they all got deported form Canada. So, If you really don't want to live out of QC, Don't lie.
Hi, I have no intention to lie. In fact I am being completely honest. I 'would' have been happy to remain in Montreal but the possibility for me to do so as per the law doesn't allow me to. Hence I am accepting that in order for me to remain in Canada I must relocate and settle in another province. Therefore I am going to do so. My point on the inquiry is at what point will my efforts to establish a connection with another province be satisfactory. Therefore, terminating my employment in Quebec, ending my rental lease and getting a job elsewhere, apartment elsewhere and so on, should hopefully be sufficient as I am unsure of what other measures can be taken. I hope these steps would satisfy the criteria as I am unsure what else I can do to prove I am not here. However if after 3-10 years of living and working in another province should my residency be approved I would hope I am not prohibited for example from potentially accepting a job in Montreal within the next decade in the fear I will be deported.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
CICOtawa said:
Is this true? Thanks for sharing this, I have never heard of it before. I know that being a permanent resident, you have mobility rights to move and take up residence in any province. So, are people you mentioned have never left Quebec at some point?

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
CEC2013RAY said:
Is this true? Thanks for sharing this, I have never heard of it before. I know that being a permanent resident, you have mobility rights to move and take up residence in any province. So, are people you mentioned have never left Quebec at some point?
You have the mobility rights to move, but in their case they just lied. they never left.

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Mutenye said:
Hi, I have no intention to lie. In fact I am being completely honest. I 'would' have been happy to remain in Montreal but the possibility for me to do so as per the law doesn't allow me to. Hence I am accepting that in order for me to remain in Canada I must relocate and settle in another province. Therefore I am going to do so. My point on the inquiry is at what point will my efforts to establish a connection with another province be satisfactory. Therefore, terminating my employment in Quebec, ending my rental lease and getting a job elsewhere, apartment elsewhere and so on, should hopefully be sufficient as I am unsure of what other measures can be taken. I hope these steps would satisfy the criteria as I am unsure what else I can do to prove I am not here. However if after 3-10 years of living and working in another province should my residency be approved I would hope I am not prohibited for example from potentially accepting a job in Montreal within the next decade in the fear I will be deported.
Of course you have the right to live anywhere in Canada even after a short period of time outside QC. I just shared this so everyone knows why immigration wants to keep this response.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
CICOtawa said:
Of course you have the right to live anywhere in Canada even after a short period of time outside QC. I just shared this so everyone knows why immigration wants to keep this response.
While we are PR they want to be sure we will respect the agreement. A sample of letter could be:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I declare that my family members and I intend to live outside the Province of Quebec.

I authorize the Government of Canada to share all necessary information with respect to my application for permanent residence in Canada, including the decision made on my application with officials of the Province of Quebec.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Thank you all for the information. However I have read that a letter of intent is insufficient alone and needs to be backed by evidence also. I just have a slight time constraint in that my visa will expire shortly after I have my 12 months experience so in effect I will be in Montreal living and working once I apply and if I receive a bridging permit potentially for a short time until I establish myself elsewhere. But I have 3 months to try and get a job elsewhere and I'm hoping that will help to an extent although I'll be slightly limited in my possibility of being offered a job by my status. I just hope they understand that I am in process of leaving so as to satisfy the terms of the PR conditions.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
CICOtawa said:
I totally understand their position on this and thanks for sharing. If I indicate my intention to locate in Ontario for example and take a job in Alberta though would I not also be breaking the conditions? or can I simply indicate UKN (as in somewhere in Canada where I find a decent job other than Quebec).

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Mutenye said:
I totally understand their position on this and thanks for sharing. If I indicate my intention to locate in Ontario for example and take a job in Alberta though would I not also be breaking the conditions? or can I simply indicate UKN (as in somewhere in Canada where I find a decent job other than Quebec).
I am not an expert but I think as long as you plan to live outside QC you should be OK. In this difficult job market wherever you find a job you have to go.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
CICOtawa said:
I am not an expert but I think as long as you plan to live outside QC you should be OK. In this difficult job market wherever you find a job you have to go.
Agreed, the market is tough but I think if you can find a job in Quebec with only average French, you can find elsewhere in Canada:) (It was pretty hard to find one here...) As long as I'd be unlimited (apart from Quebec) in my search that is.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
c2h5oh said:
Willingness to relocate won't cut it.
Right now you don't have any ties with other provinces, so you'd have to work hard to establish, document and present them in a convincing way and from what I've read it's not easy.
Just wanted to let you know that my application was approved without any problems. My residency was confirmed at CIC Ottawa. There was never any issue with my moving from Quebec to Ontario. I threw the kitchen sink at CIC in my application and no conditions were imposed on me before conferring my PR. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe I did a very good job with my application but it is possible to be living in Quebec and get PR for elsewhere in Canada as long as you genuinely intend to move to your new province and make an effort to show that you are serious about this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!