+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Intent to reside outside Quebec Letter

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi muteneye, how are you?

I saw you case and it seems pretty similar to mine, did you have to move out of Montreal? I did not apply yet, but I will in a near future, my case is only different than yours in a way that i lived for 1 year in Toronto, I even got a job and medical card over there but a big canadian company offered me good opportunity here i decided to accept to get a skill I wanted but I did not know i would face this mishap. Any suggestions, I need your help please.

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Has anyone got PR after being requested to prove an intent to reside outside of Quebec letter? Without a job offer or family ties? I am in a similar situation and unfortunately both my husband and I are struggling to get job offers without PR and we don't have any family residing in Canada. He is currently employed in Quebec, but his contract is up in June 2018 (as well as our temporary residency visas)

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Has anyone got PR after being requested to prove an intent to reside outside of Quebec letter? Without a job offer or family ties? I am in a similar situation and unfortunately both my husband and I are struggling to get job offers without PR and we don't have any family residing in Canada. He is currently employed in Quebec, but his contract is up in June 2018 (as well as our temporary residency visas)

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Hi
I have got PR with 1 year of work exp in Quebec. First step I did was as soon as my project got over i immediately moved out of Quebec to my home country and applied for the PR from outside of Quebec as it would be easier to convince the VO when u apply from outside.
Secondly, i provided a letter of intent upfront with my PR application.
As soon as I moved out, i started applying for the jobs in toronto through the job bank portal and through LinkedIn website. I attached all the emails related to the job application in toronto in my PR application.
Then i also stated the reason like no french ability, never applied for CSQ and my child's study issues in french dominated areas. I also attached an email from some of my friends who are citizens of canada/PR holder who reside in toronto showing that they will support me financially and help me in finding the job outside of quebec.
I also provided a bank email stating that i am moving my bank account from montreal to toronto.
I hope this helps. you can provide more evidence like house lease.

Reactions: jes_ON

zionplace

Mar 30, 2015
Thank you sir for this genuine info, you noted that you submtted your intent letter along with your PR. My question is: were you again asked to submit another intent letter after some months which you applied.

Best regards

Hi
I have got PR with 1 year of work exp in Quebec. First step I did was as soon as my project got over i immediately moved out of Quebec to my home country and applied for the PR from outside of Quebec as it would be easier to convince the VO when u apply from outside.
Secondly, i provided a letter of intent upfront with my PR application.
As soon as I moved out, i started applying for the jobs in toronto through the job bank portal and through LinkedIn website. I attached all the emails related to the job application in toronto in my PR application.
Then i also stated the reason like no french ability, never applied for CSQ and my child's study issues in french dominated areas. I also attached an email from some of my friends who are citizens of canada/PR holder who reside in toronto showing that they will support me financially and help me in finding the job outside of quebec.
I also provided a bank email stating that i am moving my bank account from montreal to toronto.
I hope this helps. you can provide more evidence like house lease.

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Thank you sir for this genuine info, you noted that you submtted your intent letter along with your PR. My question is: were you again asked to submit another intent letter after some months which you applied.

Best regards
My PR has been approved in Sept 2017 only. I have never been asked for any document after my PR application submission about my intentions to stay outside of Quebec. I just submitted the intent letter with my PR application and that's it.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Is there anybody here who is a student in qc and was succesful in convincing the visa officer of their intent to move after completion of degree?

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Is there anybody here who is a student in qc and was succesful in convincing the visa officer of their intent to move after completion of degree?
Most successful applicants I've heard of had been temporary workers in QC. I'm in the same boat as yours. Let us know if you find any info regarding QC students applying through EE.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
We are also in the same situation. My wife cannot find job because of French. I am a temporary worker in Quebec till 2018.

Just bumping this thread so that this thread get renewed.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Most successful applicants I've heard of had been temporary workers in QC. I'm in the same boat as yours. Let us know if you find any info regarding QC students applying through EE.
Only 1 person so far. He moved to ontario and commuted from there. His family was not here with him before the application and he had no relatives here. My case is dead I think. I am here with my husband, He has relatives all over canada including QC and since moving wont guarentee the approval, he has decided to not move.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Only 1 person so far. He moved to ontario and commuted from there. His family was not here with him before the application and he had no relatives here. My case is dead I think. I am here with my husband, He has relatives all over canada including QC and since moving wont guarentee the approval, he has decided to not move.
Thanks for sharing. Let us know of the outcome.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Does anyone know at what stage of the application they request further proof to leave Quebec (IP1 etc)?
I am in the same boat. I havent applied. But will soon apply.

I guess when you upload documents after ITA, you can also upload a document with a notary seal, stating your intention to leave Quebec without the officer asking you.