+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, we also got the CIT 0205, and are trying to gather all documents. Quick question: what should one do at the end of the form where it says "IRCC Address (please affix label)"
There was no label in the package that was sent.
Hi,
You are right, there is no label in the package. All you need to do is to create your own label and put IRCC officers' name and IRCC's local address.I think the same officer will process your file once supporting documents are submitted.

Last edited:

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I have a question from those who have received different versions of RQ or quality assurance or any other name it might be called:
1. Has there been a version where the applicant had to submit a limited and specific documents only like banking info for only 2 years? In such a case does the applicant always has to sign a form again like that of RQ?

2. In case of those who received a request for more docs after the interview, how long more after interview has someone received such a request? (What has been the longest instance)?

3. Are the docs only requested for the eligibility period?

Last edited:

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question from those who have received different versions of RQ or quality assurance or any other name it might be called:
1. Has there been a version where the applicant had to submit a limited and specific documents only like banking info for only 2 years? In such a case does the applicant always has to sign a form again like that of RQ?

2. In case of those who received a request for more docs after the interview, how long more after interview has someone received such a request? (What has been the longest instance)?

Hi
I don't have an answer for Q1 & 2 but the docs are requested for the eligibility period.

Could you please give some details about your case? Have you received a QAE request and submitted your supporting documents? If yes, how many weeks did it take to get a test date? I assume you had an interview after the test.

Thanks

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
Hello, I have a question, for the people who get the RQ Randomly selection.
Do you know if the ICC office contacts the person that you put as a reference? If yes, after how many weeks from that did you get the invitation to the test?
Thank you advance for your answer.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Do you know if the ICC office contacts the person that you put as a reference? If yes, after how many weeks from that did you get the invitation to the test?
Of course it is entirely possible that IRCC will in fact contact the individual identified as a Canadian citizen reference. It is almost certain that some will be contacted. It is quite likely that some will not be contacted. What the odds are is impossible to guess.

Very few applicants issued the PPQ - QAE have reported being scheduled for the test, as yet, so there is no time line pattern yet discernible, and it is NOT likely any informative or useful pattern will be discernible any time soon . . . basically, given a small number of reports it is clear that the applicant could be scheduled for the test quite soon after sending in the response to PPQ BUT it is also quite likely many others will have to wait at least two to four or six months.

Request for bank statements:

The range of particular documents which may be requested from a specific applicant is very broad, including in requests made in a letter format as well as the CIT 0520, the latter typically used when IRCC has a concern for which it anticipates some particular documents can fully resolve the concern or question.

I have not seen requests for bank statements reported EXCEPT as part of the full-blown RQ (CIT 0171) or the PPQ - QAE (in which the request for documents is made in its own letter-like correspondence which is included in the QAE package along with the PPQ itself, the CIT 0205 form).

It is, in any event, possible that IRCC could request bank and credit card statements from an applicant, and could specify the period of time. As to the time period for which records are requested, however, my sense is that would usually be for the ELIGIBILITY PERIOD.

Document requests AFTER Interview:

There is no definite timeline for how long after the interview IRCC may issue the applicant a request for additional information or documents. We have very little information about what might be the usual timeline since this procedure has NOT been commonly reported in the last year plus -- there are readily discerned reasons for this lack of reports, and reasons to anticipate the probability we will be seeing more reports going forward; just this week there has been new reports of both RQ-lite (CIT 0520) and RQ (probably CIT 0171 but not yet confirmed).

Historically, and relative to the few reports we have seen over the last couple years, it appears such requests are generally sent within one to four months after the interview. BUT this only indicates when it is likely to receive such requests. It does not signal, in any way, that if a longer period of time has passed since the interview the odds of getting such a request diminish. On the contrary, the longer it has gone since the interview, my strong sense is the greater the likelihood that a request for additional information or documentation may yet be coming.

Document requests AT or AFTER the interview, other than the Finger Print request, can include:
-- correspondence in letter form requesting particular documents
-- form CIT 0520 requesting particular documents; oft referred to as RQ-lite
-- form CIT 0171 which is an extensive questionnaire and which includes a request for presence and residency related documents; this is actually titled "Residency Questionnaire" and is sometime referred to as "full-blown RQ," given the scope of information and documents requested

There may be, perhaps, other ways in which IRCC requests information or documentation. For example, it is not clear yet whether or not the PPQ (Physical Presence Questionnaire) might be used at a later stage in the process.

Additionally, as noted IRCC can request Finger Prints at or after the interview. IRCC can also request an applicant to provide a Police Certificate from a particular country (so far it appears this request is made in a letter format).

Period of time for which documents are requested:

The requests are usually for the ELIGIBILITY period but they can be for a shorter period of time AND they can often include a request for documents AFTER the application was made, that is while the application has been pending.

Police certificate requests will ordinarily be for the period beginning four years prior to the application and to the present.

In unusual circumstances, the request may be for documents for some other particular time, but of course the request needs to be reasonably relevant to processing the citizenship application.

UPDATE REGARDING CIT 0520 AND CIT 0171:

Just this week a forum participant has reported receiving CIT 0520, RQ-lite. So it is apparent this is still in use.

It’s a 0520 and only asked for US travel entry and exit history. They gave an online link print the travel history.
Similarly, just this week a forum participant has reported receiving "RQ" which has not been confirmed to be CIT 0171 but the description of the questionnaire is consistent with it being CIT 0171 (hopefully this individual will confirm which form was actually received).

LOCATION WINDSOR
APP SENT : OCT 16-17
APP DEL : OCT 20-17
IN PROCESS : DEC 20-17
TEST DATE : MARCH 13-18
OATH DATE : AWAITING
I GOT A FORM IN THE MAIL A WEEK AFTER MY TEST TO FILL OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE AND SUBMIT ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WHICH INCLUDED MY WHOLE HISTORY IN CANADA AND ABROAD WHICH I FILLED IT OUT AND SUBMITTED NEXT DAY .I ACTUALLY MISSED TO ENTER 1 TRIP OUTSIDE CANADA FOR 5 DAYS . MY PHYSICAL PRESENCE DAYS ARE OVER 500 THEN REQUIRED.
DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS KIND OF ISSUE!! WILL IT CAUSE MY APPLICATION DELAY . IT JUST HAD TO BE MAILED TO THE LOCAL OFFICE WHERE I WROTE MY TEST!!
While this suggests that the PPQ - QAE is NOT replacing RQ, obviously a single report such as this is NOT enough to support a firm conclusion.

By the way, as noted above, but warranting some emphasis: the huge surge in applications these past six months is almost certain to lead to an increase in the number of applicants issued RQ or RQ-lite. For anyone who is issued either the CIT 0520 or CIT 0171, please provide the forum with some detailed information about it, including the form's date . . . this is in a mm-yyyy format in parentheses following the official form number; for example, current version of the PPQ is "CIT 0205 (10-2017)"

A copy of the blank form, before any information is entered, and with identifying information blacked out, would be especially helpful.

EDIT to ADD:

I have been reminded that at or following the test/interview IRCC may also request a translation of documents, typically a request for translation of passport stamps not in one of the official languages for those applicants who failed to properly provide the translation attendant the interview.

Last edited:

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi all
I applied on oct 16
IP dec 5
Quality assurance letter Dec 15
Submit all document for Quality assurance on jan 20
Test invitation march 20
Office kitchener
Thank you
Congratulations.

my application reached on oct 19
IP dec 5
Quality assurance letter Dec 14
Submit all document for Quality assurance on Feb 01
Test invitation ------> No updates yet
Office: Edmonton

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hello, I have a question, for the people who get the RQ Randomly selection.
Thank you advance for your answer.
One of my friends reference got a call. but his case was bit urgent processing. Other than that i did not heard from anyone.

Reactions: Fiore2017

Bero333

Mar 22, 2018
Can I asked to get RAMQ
The agent told me ..she will send an email mentioned I have to get RAMQ and it will take a time
So can I request it before I receive the email of agent ..to save time...

Reactions: Voltron123

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Don't wait for this email. Go to RAMQ today or tomorrow. The fastest way to way to get this document is to visit a RAMQ office and fill the form. You will save at least a week!
Once you submit your request in person, you'll receive your health records within 40 days! Every week I called them but did not change anything. It took 40 days! The document called " FICHE HISTORIQUE PERSONNELLE".

RAMQ is extremely slow! I don't think they use computers :)

Just curious, did the agent call you and ask you to get this document from RAMQ?

Bero333

Mar 22, 2018
Don't wait for this email. Go to RAMQ today or tomorrow. The fastest way to way to get this document is to visit a RAMQ office and fill the form. You will save at least a week!
Once you submit your request in person, you'll receive your health records within 40 days! Every week I called them but did not change anything. It took 40 days! The document called " FICHE HISTORIQUE PERSONNELLE".

RAMQ is extremely slow! I don't think they use computers :)

Just curious, did the agent call you and ask you to get this document from RAMQ?[/QUOTE
The agent asked this FICHE HISTORIQUE PERSONNELLE ...from us at Montreal
But the agent told us she will send it via email
Should we wait the email??
Where we should go...the address?
Will they open tomorrow in yesterday?!!

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
I really didn't understand your situation but here is RAMQ address in Montreal:
425 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O #301, Montréal, QC H3A 3G5

If the IRCC agent asked you to get this document, then go to RAMQ and fill out the form. Sorry, the office is closed on Saturday!

If you were told by RAMQ that you'll receive the form by regular mail, the same thing, don't wait for a week to receive this stupid form by regular mail. RAMQ is extremely slow and inefficient, total waste! Go to their office on Monday and fill out the form to save a week. You will still have to wait another 40 days.

Hope this info will help!

Last edited:

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
I really didn't understand your situation but here is RAMQ address in Montreal:
425 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O #301, Montréal, QC H3A 3G5

If the IRCC agent asked you to get this document, then go to RAMQ and fill out the form. Sorry, the office is closed on Saturday!

If you talked with an agent from RAMQ, the same thing, don't wait for a week to receive this stupid form by regular mail. RAMQ is extremely slow and inefficient, total waste! Go to their office on Monday and fill out the form to save a week. You will still have to wait another 40 days.

Hope this info will help!

When I needed my health claim in Quebec I went to the Ramq the first week of January at around 11am it was an endless line up, I left and called by phone that was a better wait of 30 min or so, I asked for the request form on Thursday I received it in mail on the following Monday despite the snowstorms and some mail delays during that period of time (the main form was not an issue to receive), but after sending the request they told me it takes 25 working day, I had to submit my PPQ without the health claim then 1 week later I added the health claim to my file, I personally don’t find a big issue if we submit the health claim one week later, anyway my file is already no news for so many weeks

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
With not much surprise as I have had many travels, I have received RQ Lite for extra docs. The officer has requested banking statements for specific periods plus copies of leases as she had said so during the interview. The strange thing is that the period for lesses go beyond the eligibility for 7 years rather than 5. I first thought it to be a typo but by calling cic and getting verification I am treating it as it is. Anyone has any idea why the officer might ask for 7 years (starting 2 years before the eligibility)?

Secondly, as I was kind of expecting to receive request for docs, I had requested my provincial health records and have them but the officer has not asked for them. Would including them hurt my application (they are 2 pages versus 150 plus pages of statements and leases)?

Also any other comment on how to organize and send the docs (including sending any additional docs) to avoid further delays is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Some movement here on my side. This is my timeline so far:

Citizenship application sent: October 12th, 2017
Received: October 16th, 2017
AOR: November 22nd, 2017
In process: December 4th, 2017
PPQ-QA Letter Dated: December 9th, 2017
Received: December 19th, 2017
Completed PPQ-QA Sent: January 23rd, 2018
Received: January 24th, 2018
Test Invite Letter Dated: March 22nd, 2018 (this line was also reflected on my online status)
Received: March 28th, 2018
Test Date: April 13th, 2018

This is for the Scarborough office.

Hopefully this provides some hope for others!

Graham.