+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

nazhas

Aug 23, 2016
Hello,

I got this letter that states "Your application was randomly selected for a special review exercise in connection with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Quality Assurance program." The package that i have received includes:

- A covering letter
- Form CIT 0205 (05-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise
- Appendix - Required Documents
- Request for fingerprints
- Request for a non-family member Canadian citizen as a reference who has known me for at least 2 years
- A consent form for a disclosure of the history of arrivals and departures in the Unites States

I have gathered all the documents so far.

Just wondering where do I send this documents to: 1. Local IRCC or 2. Case Processing Center (PO Box 7000, NS, B1P 6V6).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Nazhas

Reactions: sophon

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Hello,

I got this letter that states "Your application was randomly selected for a special review exercise in connection with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Quality Assurance program." The package that i have received includes:

- A covering letter
- Form CIT 0205 (05-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise
- Request for a non-family member Canadian citizen as a reference who has known me for at least 2 years
- A consent form for a disclosure of the history of arrivals and departures in the Unites States

Just wondering where do I send this documents to: 1. Local IRCC or 2. Case Processing Center (PO Box 7000, NS, B1P 6V6).

Kind Regards,
Nazhas
The documents should say on it where to send.

In my case, it was the local IRCC office that was processing it. On the cover letter, just below the checklist of what they included, it told me to send them to "the mailing address found at the bottom of this letter", which was the local IRCC office for me. I'm sure you must have something similar in your cover letter.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As @graham1710 stated, and I have otherwise suggested elsewhere, where to send your response should be an address shown in the lower left corner of the cover letter, the letter which states, in its subject line, "QUALITY ASSURANCE EXERCISE AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE."

This is most likely a local office address. Not a Sydney, NS address.

Ordinarily, the correspondence itself was generated in the CPC-Sydney office and mailed from there. But the response should be sent to a local processing office.

BE SURE TO SEND RESPONSE VIA COURIER WITH CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY. Also be sure to make a complete copy of everything submitted, and keep that as a copy specifically of what was submitted (many of the documents to be submitted you already have a copy of, such as tax records, which should be kept as such, or rental leases or mortgage or property title documents, which likewise should be maintained in the usual way you keep such records . . . what I am suggesting is that you make a separate, additional copy, a complete copy of what you submit, and keep that as such, as a record in your citizenship application file along with your copy of the application you submitted, assuming you have one, which all applicants should).

Confirmation of delivery is sufficient. It is not necessary to require a signature on receipt, and some reports suggest requiring a signature on receipt (upon delivery to the IRCC office) can complicate delivery. Go with a courier package which tracks and confirms delivery, to be sure it reaches its destination, BUT DO NOT send registered or otherwise requiring signature.

Request to all other recipients of the PPQ-QAE: please let the forum know, in this topic, if
-- it appears the correspondence came from a local office (that is, an office other than CPC-Sydney), or
-- the directions did not instruct you to submit the response to a local office

Note: The standard version of this PPQ - QAE (so far as has been reported) requests the submission of Finger Prints; there are separate instructions in the FP request for this, and thus is done differently, apart from, submitting a response to the other parts of the Exercise. Indeed, the FP request calls for those to be submitted significantly sooner than the response to the other requests. (Here too, if this is not true for any recipient of this, please let us know yours was different and how so.)

nazhas

Aug 23, 2016
The documents should say on it where to send.

In my case, it was the local IRCC office that was processing it. On the cover letter, just below the checklist of what they included, it told me to send them to "the mailing address found at the bottom of this letter", which was the local IRCC office for me. I'm sure you must have something similar in your cover letter.
Thank you so much graham1710.

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Hello,

- A covering letter

Kind Regards,
Nazhas
Hi,

Did they also ask you to get Provincial Personal Heath Claims Summary?

I live in Quebec and requested this record from RAMQ more than a month ago and still did not get it!! I call their office every week and get the same answer: we receive too many requests, you should receive it within 30 days! I collected all other documents except this.

sophon

Nov 13, 2017
Hello friends,

Spouse got the FP request earlier today, and we were able to get it done and sent off.

Was curious what other surprises IRCC may throw our way and found this thread. Noticed that there was not a specific list of the data required to be supplied with CIT 0205. Came across another post which lists it, so thought I should re-post it here, with a thank you to the original poster.

Live long and prosper
sophon

Data to be submitted with CIT 0205 includes the following:
  • Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise (CIT 0205). This requires information such as: passport info, absences from Canada, address information, info about close relatives even those outside Canada (i.e. where they've lived, their profession, etc.), education info, employment info, professional associations, volunteer work done, income earned/taxes paid abroad, property owned inside/outside Canada, businesses owned inside/outside Canada, etc.
  • List of Required Docs*
  • Fingerprints
  • Reference

*List of Required Docs
- Scans of all pages (including blank ones) from all passports
- Entry/Exit Records from countries of citizenship/residence, other than Canada
- Provincial Personal Health Claims Summary
- Rental/Lease agreements
- Letter from landlord confirming rental period
- Property titles or Mortgage documents
- Property tax assessments
- Official school transcripts
- T4 Slips from CRA
- Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
- Records of employment from CRA
- CRA Statements of Employment Insurance benefit periods
- Statements of social assistance
- Statements of disability assistance
- 3 Letters from suppliers or clients for any businesses owned inside/outside Canada
- Incorporation documents
- Advertising contracts
- Contracts and invoices demonstrating a continuance o business activity
- Business bank statements
- Professional licence/membership card/permit to practice
- A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
- Consent Form

Fingerprints must be done within 30 days of CIT 0205's date, while everything else must be submitted within 60 days of CIT 0205's date.

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton office is very slow, after 5 weeks no news yet and on the letter it say we won't delay your application.
I am sure it wouldn't delay our applications!!! Please let us know once your file is approved.
For me, it took almost 40 days to collect all required documents. I think I already lost at least 3 months.

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
Edmonton office is very slow, after 5 weeks no news yet and on the letter it say we won't delay your application.
Same Montreal office, almost 5 weeks still no news!

Patrice83

Jan 22, 2018
We're all on the same boat. Sent all documents required 5 weeks ago to the Mississauga Citizenship official, and still no reply as well. I called IRCC today to ensure that my mail was received and they said, they couldn't acknowledge receipt, and that I should keep the tracking receipt from the courier service as proof that it was delivered and received by them, until I receive any other correspondence from them. :(

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Another victim of the PPQ - QAE has posted in another topic:

I received "Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence" as I have applied to Canadian Citizenship.
Kindly help with the below
1) How to get Entry/Exit Record from India?
2) How to get Alberta Personal Health Claims Summary.
Appreciate all your help on this.
As I noted, in the topic where you posted the above, it would be helpful if you will share some further information, again only if that is OK for you of course, at least as to what stage of the process you received this . . . that is how long after applying, after getting AOR, including whether your application was IP ("In Process"), and such.

If you are also willing to share some additional background information about your application that too would be appreciated. One of things we do not know and are trying to determine is whether there is any pattern behind WHO is getting this. The correspondence itself says that you (the recipient of the PPQ - QAE) were "randomly selected." There is at least some suggestion, however, who is selected is NOT absolutely random. So to whatever extent you are comfortable sharing information, some additional background (like how many days over the minimum requirement you applied with . . . whether your travel history or work history or address history is complicated . . . or other factors in your situation which might distinguish your case from the majority of routine cases) might help us understand better whether this procedure really is randomly imposed or not.

As I also noted in the other topic, you will find a lot of discussion in previous pages here about such things as how to respond to this "exercise."

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
We're all on the same boat. Sent all documents required 5 weeks ago to the Mississauga Citizenship official, and still no reply as well. I called IRCC today to ensure that my mail was received and they said, they couldn't acknowledge receipt, and that I should keep the tracking receipt from the courier service as proof that it was delivered and received by them, until I receive any other correspondence from them. :(
I'm exactly in the same situation... 5 weeks and no news! :/

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Hi, we also got the CIT 0205, and are trying to gather all documents. Quick question: what should one do at the end of the form where it says "IRCC Address (please affix label)"
There was no label in the package that was sent.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi, we also got the CIT 0205, and are trying to gather all documents. Quick question: what should one do at the end of the form where it says "IRCC Address (please affix label)"
There was no label in the package that was sent.
I do not know. Several have posed this query. I have been watching and hoping those who actually get this package will at least share their experience and how they dealt with this.

In particular, anyone else who has received and has responded, or is in the process of responding, please, your two cents, give or take a fortune, would be appreciated. While this is not an entirely new process (obviously been in play since at least last May), it is relatively new, and the number affected only recently (since December) escalated. So please share your thoughts.